JEL classification: O12; D22; Q01
The modern state of institutional regulation of the agricultural sector and rural areas of Ukraine, there are many problematic aspects in national practice. These are land reform and the realization of the right to own land, the existing disparity in price relations, the infrastructure of the agricultural market, the low level of socio-economic development of rural areas, the lack of systematic institutional transformations of the industry and the limited scope of their financial, investment and information support. In European practice, institutional support for the implementation of the sustainable development strategy is realized through the following main principles: commitment, coordination, participation (partnership), financial support, knowledge, constant monitoring, continuity. The actual and prospective volumes of financing transformations in the direction of sustainable development are also characterized by large sizes. In accordance with domestic and European experience, the main components of institutional support for the implementation of sustainable development concepts for domestic agribusiness have been determined: policy-legal support, intellectual and personnel assets, investment, technical, technological and innovative potential, permanent and full financial support, environmental component, the mechanism of administration and formation of conditions for the development of sustainable agribusiness, state and private-partner support, information and advisory support and a system of standards reporting on sustainable development. The system of components of institutional support for the implementation of sustainable development concepts should be supplemented with components of intra-corporate institutional support, the implementation of which should be based, first of all, on the understanding, perception and implementation in practical activities of the values, motivators and goals of sustainable development common to all agribusiness participants. The scientific novelty of the research results is the systematization and addition of a set of components of institutional support for the implementation of sustainable development concepts of business entities in the agrarian sector.
Keywords: agribusiness, sustainable development, business entities, institutional support, rural areas, sustainable development goals, European experience.
- Butko M.P., Kolosha V.P., Murashko M.I., Rasskazov O.I. (2021). «Institutional criteria of influence of modern agricultural formations of Ukraine on the level of development of rural areas». Ekonomika APK. № 12, рр. 15. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202112015
- Heiets V. M., Borodina O. M., Prokopa I. V. (2021). «Inclusiveness as a direction and vision of rural development in Ukraine». Ekonomika Ukrainy. № 11/708, рр. 3-21. https://doi.org/10.15407/economyukr.2020.11.003
- Hadi Veisi, Humman Liaghati, Fakhradin Hashmi & Khalid Edizadehi (2012). Mechanisms and instruments of sustainable development. Development in Practice, рр. 385-399.
- Zhuk М. (2021). Strategic components of the institutional mechanism of development of the agricultural sector of the national economy. Ekonomika ta suspilstvo. № 34, pр. 172-180. https://doi.org/10.32782/2524-0072/2021-34-100
- Ivanchenko V.O. (2020). «Organizational and institutional support for sustainable development of entrepreneurship in agriculture». Ekonomika APK. № 12. С. 74-80. https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202012074
- Institutional Mechanisms of Sustainable Development. An official website of OECD. Аvailable at: https://www.oecd.org/governance/pcsd/toolkit/institutionalmechanisms/
- Institutional Mechanisms of Sustainable Development. An official website of OECD. Аvailable at: https://www.oecd.org/governance/pcsd/toolkit/institutionalmechanisms New general agricultural policy: 2023-27. An official website of the European Union. Аvailable at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/index_en (Accessed ).
- New general agricultural policy: 2023-27. An official website of the European Union. Аvailable at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/index_en
- Horizon Europe. URL: https://research-and-innovation.ec.europa.eu/funding/funding-opportunities/funding-programmes-and-open-calls/horizon-europe_en
- Europe’s approach to implementing the Sustainable Development Goals: good practices and the way forward. Policy Department for External Relations Directorate General for External Policies of the Union PE 603.473 – February 2019. Аvailable at: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/STUD/2019/603473/EXPO_STU(2019)603473_EN.pdf
- Official website of the Research Center IAE of Ukraine. Аvailable at: http://www.iae.org.ua/presscentre/archnews/2912-instytut-ahrarnoyi-ekonomiky-prezentuvav-stratehichni-napryamy-staloho-rozvytku-silskykh-terytoriy-na-period-do-2030-roku.html
- Pugachev, M. (2021). Strategic directions of sustainable development of rural areas for the period up to 2030.
The article was received 20.12.2021