JEL classification: H54; G32; Q13
The article examines how the infrastructure of the futures market is being improved for agricultural products. It is proved that the regulation of the exchange market of agricultural products should include protection of the integrity of market prices, as the damage caused to the market is not limited to the loss of its direct participants, to maintain confidence, and confidence in the market for risk management makes it impossible to circumvent tax restrictions. It is determined that the components of an efficient infrastructure function harmoniously and smoothly. It is substantiated that an important problem of the exchange market infrastructure is the limited accredited elevators, which prevents the use of futures on agricultural products as a
hedging tool. It is outlined that the infrastructure of the futures market for agricultural products largely depends on the infrastructure of the grain market as a whole, which is currently in poor condition. The current state of infrastructure and logistics of the grain market is highlighted and substantiated that a qualitative change in the current situation requires large-scale moderni-zation, reconstruction and construction of new facilities at all stages of agricultural production.
The purpose of this study is to improve the infrastructure of the market of futures contracts for agricultural products to manage financial risks and prospects for their further development.
Methods. The basis of the study is the current legal framework, legislation, regulations, instruct-tional materials, textbooks, special literature. The article used general scientific methods of analysis and synthesis, specific methods of analysis: grouping, comparison, systematic and others.
Results. Based on the study, it is proved that the infrastructure of the futures market for agricul-tural products is a set of organizations and institutions that help this market to work effectively and should be inextricably linked with the commodity exchange. It is also studied and determined that the market infrastructure, as a system of institutions and organizations (banks, exchanges, fairs, insurance companies, consulting and information and marketing firms, etc.), providing free movement of goods and services in the market.
Keywords: market infrastructure, futures, futures contracts, financial risks, financial risk management.
- Akmayev, A.I., Piletsky, V.T. (2007). Birzhova diyalʹnistʹ. [Exchange activity]. Donbass state. Technical University. Alchevsk: DonSTU.
- Bryukhovetskaya, S.V., Gromyko, V.A. (2015). [Rerequisites and the concept of reforming the OTC market derivatives]. Finansovyye issledovaniya. No.4 (49). pp. 84–93.
- Voskobiynyk, Yu.P. (2007). Orhanizatsiia ta efektyvnist‘ birzhovoi torhivli sil‘s‘kohospodars‘koiu produktsiieiu v Ukraini. [Organization and efficiency of exchange trade in agricultural products in Ukraine]. Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis.
- Goroviy, V.P. (1999). [Prerequisites for the development of exchange trade in agricultural products in Ukraine]. Fondovyj rynok. № 11, pp. 42-48.
- Demyanenko, S.I. (2008). «Agrarian markets: principles of analysis and modeling». Ekonomika APK. № 8, pp. 81−89.
- Demyanenko, S.I., Nivyevsky, O.V. (2008). Kilʹkisnyy analiz ta modelyuvannya ahrarnykh rynkiv. [Quantitative analysis and modeling of agricultural markets]. КNЕU. Ukraine.
- Makarenko, I.O. (2011). Stiykyy rozvytok rynku pokhidnykh finansovykh instrumentiv Ukrayiny [Sustainable development of the market of derivative financial instruments of Ukraine]. D. Thesis: 08.00.08. Sumy.
- Primostka, L.O., Krasnova, I.V. (2014). «Exchange derivatives market in Ukraine: history, modernity, development prospects». Finansy Ukrayiny. № 7, pp. 49–65.
- Savoshchenko, A.S. (2004). Infrastruktura tovarnoho rynku. [Commodity market infrastructure]. KNEU. Ukraine.
- Shkanova, O.M. (2006). Infrastruktura tovarnoho rynku. [Commodity market infrastructure]. Center for Educational Literature. Ukraine.
- Goss, B.A. (1981). «The Forward Pricing Function of the London Metal Exchange». Applied Economics. № 13, 133-150.
- Reznik, N.P., Dolynskyi, S.V., Voloshchuk, N.Y. (2020). Retrospective analysis of basic risk as a part futures trading in Ukraine. International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research. Available at: http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?eid=2-s2.0-85078765334&partnerID=MN8TOARS.
- Reznik,P., Popov, V.M., Podplietnii, V.V., Popova, S.P. (2020). Financial support for the development of joint territorial communities. Test Engineering and Management. Available at: http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?eid=2-s2.0-85082999646&partnerID=MN8TOARS.
The article was received 19.01.2021