JEL classification: J44; L84; M53
Introduction. The article considers theoretical issues of professionalization in the context of management. After all, in Ukraine, there are a number of problems related to the professional level of management in the context of solving existing problems of socio-economic development of society. Therefore, the professionalization of management is a necessary lever for the development of not only the national economy but also modern society as a whole. The main features of management processes in the maritime economy are highlighted. The main components of management professionalization are analyzed: identification of managerial abilities, managerial career guidance, primary professional management education, integration of young professionals into management processes, in-depth professional training, related training, etc.
The purpose of the article is to study the main tools of professionalization of management, as well as the possibility of their application in the maritime sector.
Results. The basic scheme of professionalization of maritime management is formulated. The place of higher education institutions is determined in the system of the management professionalization as the basis for the formation of the “management foundation”. Possibilities and prospects of using management consulting in the maritime sector are identified. The proposals have been made on the procedure for forming the necessary professional competencies of personnel management of maritime entities.
Conclusions. Based on the pressing problems and challenges of the maritime economy, the forma-tion of a modern system of professional management should be aimed at the active use of syste-matic methods for the preparation and adoption of management decisions. Tools for the profess-sionalization of management in the maritime sector should be innovative and serve as an example of intelligent systems of socio-economic development within which the mechanisms of interaction of management science, consulting systems and innovative management practices coexist. Effective use of the mechanism and tools of professional management in the maritime industry requires managers to have leadership qualities, emotional intelligence, and creative abilities.
Key words: professionalization, management, maritime management, maritime economic activity, managerial innovations, training, management consulting.
- Druker, (2004). Zadachi menedzhmenta v XXI veke. [Management Tasks in the XII Century]. Publishing Williams House. Mosсow. Russia. Available at: http://www.nsu.ru/xmlui/bitstream/handle/nsu/9031/druker_managementXXI_ru.pdf
- Kalashnikova, A. (2010). Osvitnja paradyghma profesionalizaciji upravlinnja na zasadakh liderstva. [Development paradigm of professionalization and management in ambushes of leadership]. Kyiv University named Borys Hrinchenko. Kiev. Ukrainе.
- Maksvell, S. (2000). Shef i ego komanda. [Chef and his team]. Publishing Williams House. Mosсow. Russia. Available at: http://i.booksgid.com/web/online/20587
- Makston,, Randers, J. (2017). U poshukakh dobrobotu. Keruvannja ekonomichnym rozvytkom dlja zmenshennja bezrobittja, nerivnosti ta zmin klimatu. [In search of prosperity. Managing economic development to reduce unemployment, inequality and climate change]. Pubulon. Kiev. Ukrainе.
- Malik, (2008). Upravlyat’, rabotat’, zhit’. [Manage, work, live]. Good book. Mosсow. Russia. Available at: https://altairbook.com/books/3803097-upravlyat-rabotat-jit.html
- Myncbergh, (2010). Trebuyutsya upravlentsy, a ne vypuskniki MVA. Zhestkiy vzglyad na myagkuyu praktiku upravleniya i sistemu podgotovki menedzherov. [Managers are required, not MBA graduates. Hard look at soft management practices and manager training]. Olympus Business. Mosсow. Russia. Available at: padabum.com/d.php?id=76756
- Pro zatverdzhennia Morskoi doktryny Ukrainy na period do 2035 roku: Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 7 zhovtnia 2009 r. # 1307. [On Approval of the Marine Doctrine of Ukraine for the period up to 2035: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated October 7, 2009]. Ofitsiynyy sayt Verkhovnoyi Rady Ukrayiny. [The official website of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine]. Available at: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1307-2009-%D0%BF>.
- Safonov, M., Meljnyk, Ju. M. (2016). «Prediction of innovation and investment development of industrial enterprises». Rynkova ekonomika: suchasna teorija i praktyka upravlinnja. Т. 15. Issue 2. рр. 23-44.
- Cvyk, A. (2003). «Professionalization as a social process». Vestnik RUDN, seriya «Sotsiologiya». no 4-5. pp. 258-269.
The article was received 15.02.2020