JEL classification: H43; O22
The article examines the relevance of the Hoshin Kanri method, the prerequisites for using this project management method for domestic enterprises. The main elements of using the Hoshin Kanri method in project management are described. The authors identified the main problems of project management in domestic enterprises. It was established that among the problems of management of domestic enterprises is the lack of knowledge and applied skills among modern managers regarding the latest methods, including the implementation of project activities at production enterprises. The proposed project management method is proven to provide a substitute for overcoming common strategic level problems, as it unites managers with employees through a systematic process of deployment through vertical and horizontal communication. The content and principles of deployment of this method for the purpose of project management at domestic enterprises are characterized. The main stages and specifics of deploying the Hoshin Kanri method in project management in domestic enterprises are highlighted. Based on the analysis of modern scientific literature, the author built a scheme for the deployment of enterprise project management according to the Hoshin Kanri method. The key advantages of the Hoshin Kanri method for project management in domestic enterprises are analyzed. Based on the analysis of well-known approaches, examples from world practice to the study of project management methods, the example of constructing an X-matrix within the scope of using the Hoshin Kanri method for project implementation at a domestic enterprise is proposed.
Keywords: management, project management, Hoshin Kanri method, enterprise strategy.
- Bushuyev,D., Bushuyev, D.A., Yaroshenko, R.F. (2018). «Dropping competencies in the management of innovative projects and programs». Visnyk nacionaljnogho tekhnichnogho universytetu «KhPI». Serija: Strateghichne upravlinnja, upravlinnja portfeljamy, proghramamy ta proektamy. Kharkov, NTU “KhPI” Publ., no. 1 (1277), pp. 3–9. DOI: 10.20998/2413-3000.2018.1277.1.
- Vodolazkina,O. (2016). «Analysis of the joint professional competence of the project team». Upravlinnya rozvytkom skladnykh system. Kiev, KNUBA, no.28, pp. 57-62.
- Kozakova,M., Kozakov, V.V. (2014). «Innovative business process management system of a project-oriented organization of social direction». Ekonomika: realiji chasu. Naukovyj zhurnal. Vol. 6 (16), pp. 136–142. Available at: http://economics.opu.ua/files/archive/2014/ n6.html
- Luchko,J. (2017). «Current state and problems of project management development in Ukraine». Ekonomika i suspiljstvo. Vol. 9, pp. 501–506.
- Nicholas, John (2014). Hoshin kanri and critical success factors in quality management and lean production. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence. № рр. 1-15. DOI: 10.1080/14783363.2014.976938.
- Ouda, Hanaa & Ahmed, Khadri. (2016). A Proposed Systematic Framework for Applying Hoshin Kanri Strategic Planning Methodology in Educational Institutions. European Scientific Journal, ESJ. 12. 1857-7881. DOI: 10.19044/esj.2016.v12n16p158.
- Chi-Lin, Y., Min-Hsien Chiang and Chien-Wei Chen (2019). Financial leverage and competitive strategy of cross-listing firms. Australian Journal of Management, № 44 (2), 306– DOI: 10.1177/0312896218792967
- Tortorella, Guilherme & Cauchick-Miguel, Paulo & Gaiardelli, Paolo. (2018). Hoshin Kanri and A3: a proposal for integrating variability into the policy deployment process. TQM Journal. DOI: 1108/TQM-06-2018-0076.
- Villalba-Diez, Javier & Ordieres-Meré, Joaquín & Nuber, Gottfried. (2015). The HOSHIN KANRI TREE. Cross-plant lean shopfloor management. Procedia CIRP. 32, рр. 150-155. DOI: 1016/j.procir.2015.02.120.
- Giordani da Silveira, Willian & Pinheiro de Lima, Edson & Deschamps, Fernando & Gouvea da Costa, Sergio. (2017). Identification of guidelines for Hoshin Kanri initiatives. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management. № 67. DOI: 1108/IJPPM-03-2016-0071.
The article was received 10.04.2022