Introduction. In the international division of labor, Ukraine is defined as a country with significant potential in the field of agro-industrial complex. On the other hand, Ukraine has a significant tourism potential and, according to recent legislative and executive measures, should considerably expand tourist infrastructure. Because of this, it can and must develop rural green tourism, because it is known that our country is an agrarian country, and the use of this species has a certain importance in the economic life of the country and is at the level of competitiveness of the regions.
The purpose of the article is to study the advantages of developing green tourism in the context of its introduction in the countryside and to consider it as a specific form of subsidiary economic activity in the rural environment, using the natural and cultural potential of the region.
Results. The article deals with the complex research of subsidiary economic activity in the rural environment using the natural and cultural potential of the region. It has been established that tourism can be an important means to ensure sustainable development, promote and support local communities.
Conclusions. One of the most representative and important components of sustainable tourism, green tourism, which has little impact on the environment and which is based on the principles of conservation and even on the principles related to the improvement of natural, cultural and general ecological resources, promotes participation of local communities and promotes the welfare of local communities. Respect for the integrity of green tourism is an important point in most sustainable development projects and emphasizes the importance of the natural environment for tourism benefits. On the one hand, such benefits cannot be obtained without the participation of the local population, and on the other hand, economic opportunities for local communities are diverse. Important parts of tourism revenue can be used to continue and support already initiated projects as well as to implement new projects that are beneficial to the local community.
- Lypchuk, V.V., Lypchuk, N. V. (2008). Ahroturyzm: orhanizatsiyno–ekonomichni zasady [Agritourism: Organizational and Economic Principles of Development]. SPOLOM. Lʹviv. Ukraine.
- Rutynsʹkyy, Y. Zinʹko, Yu. V. (2008). Silʹsʹkyy turyzm. [Rural tourism]. Znannya. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Kravchenko,N. (2007). Rolʹ silʹsʹkoho turyzmu v rozvytku rehioniv Polissya. [The role of rural tourism in the development of the regions of Polissya]. Nizhyn. Ukraine.
- Putsenteylo, P.R. (2007). Ekonomika i orhanizatsiya turystychno–hotelʹnoho [Economics and organization of tourism and hotel business]. Tsentr uchbovoyi literatury. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Melʹnychenko,S. V. Sotsialʹno-ekonomichne znachennya ta problemy rozvytku silʹsʹkoho zelenoho turyzmu v Ukrayini. [Socio-economic importance and problems of development of rural green tourism in Ukraine]. Available at: http://tourlib.net/statti_ukr/ melnychenko.htm.
- Horishevsʹkyy, P. and Vasylʹyev, V., Zinʹko Yu. (2003). Silʹsʹkyy zelenyy turyzm: orhanizatsiya nadannya [Rural green tourism: the organization of provision of hospitality]. Misto NV. Ivano-Frankivsʹk. Ukraine.
- Vovk, V. (2017). Problemy, dosyahnennya perspektyvy zelenoho turyzmu. [Problems, achieving the prospect of green tourism]. Available at: https://koruna.ua/ articles/zelenyj-turizm-v-karpatah-v-2017-m-osobennosti-i-preimushhestva.
- Zelenyy turyzm v Karpatakh v 2017-m: osoblyvosti i perevahy turyzmu. [Green tourism in the Carpathians in 2017: features and benefits of tourism]. (2017). Available at: http://tourlib.net/statti_ukr/siltur7.htm.
The article was received 15.09.2018