JEL classification: J31; Q01
Introduction. It is emphasized that formation of wage level at the agricultural enterprises depends on a number of factors: the scale of the enterprise, productivity, volume and structure of sales, season work, etc. The degree of influence of these factors is an important aspect in calculating the income of employees and alternatives for their further increase. It should also be noted that today companies compete in the labour market for workers with appropriate qualifications. This forces them to increase wage level gradually.
The purpose of this article is to assess the impact of certain factors on the level and productivity of wages in agricultural enterprises of Kharkiv region.
Results. The number of staff at agricultural enterprises is not directly proportional to the increase in the area of enterprises, on the contrary, the growth of land area leads to a decrease in the number of employees. The growth of agricultural land at enterprises allows to increase the volume of marketable products and leads to an increase in wages. In most of the analyzed situations, an increase in the number of employees leads to a fall in wages. The low share of growth in marketable products indicates a very weak relationship between the level of labor productivity and the level of its payment, which raises a number of questions about employee motivation.
Conclusions. The factor of enterprise size has a significant impact on both productivity and the wage level. Larger businesses are more competitive. They can save on wages in absolute terms while increasing its level, which also creates a competitive advantage and allows to attract more qualified personnel. It has also been found that enterprises that have livestock industry in the structure of production significantly increase the level of employment compared to the enterprise, specializing exclusively in crop products. On the other hand, it is noted that dependence between labour productivity and its wage level is weak, which raises the question of the lack of a motivational mechanism at agricultural enterprises.
Key words: labour productivity, wages, enterprise size, staff motivation.
- Vecheria, S.V. (2014). «Organizational and methodological bases of formation of the motivational mechanism at the agricultural enterprises». Visnyk Cherkas’koho universytetu. Seriia Ekonomichni nauky. Vol. 37 (330), pp. 44–50.
- Husakov, V.H. (2020). «Factors and methods of efficient management». Ch. 3. Motyvatsyia truda y zakreplenye kadrov, proyzvodytel’nost’ truda. Vesnyk. Natsyonal’noj akademyy navuk Belarusi. Ser. ahrar. navuk. 2020. T. 58, № 3, pp. 263–267. https://doi.org/10.29235/1817-7204-2020-58-3-263-267
- Kolot, A.M. (2011). Motyvatsyia personala. [Staff motivation]. Кiev. Ukraine.
- Olijnyk, T.I. (2015). «Prospects for staffing of agricultural enterprises depending on their location». Visnyk KhNAU. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky. Vol. 3, pp. 400–410.
- Olijnyk, T.I. (2012). «Theoretical bases of formation of motivation and stimulation of effective work in agriculture». Visnyk KhNAU. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky. Vol. 10, pp. 19–29.
- Pavlyk, V.P. (2016). «Motivation of employees in ensuring effective management of agricultural enterprises». Ekonomika APK. Vol. 4, pp. 81–88.
- Ul’ianchenko, O.V., Yevchuk, L. A. (2012). «Motivation of work as a lever to increase the efficiency of the use of personnel of agricultural enterprises». Visnyk KhNAU. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky. Vol.5, pp. 13–23.
- Chykurkova, A. D. (2020). Formuvannia systemy motyvatsii pratsi personalu ahrarnoho pidpryiemstva. [Formation of the system of motivation of work of the personnel of the agrarian enterprise]. Efektyvna ekonomika. Vol. 7. pp. 63-72.
- Marshall, (1993). Pryntsypy ekonomycheskoj nauky. [Principles of economic science]. Vol. 1. Prohress. Moscow. Russian.
- Boiko,, Hnatyshyn, L. (2020). Priorities and mechanisms to stimulate farm enterprises development. Management Theory and Studies for Rural Business and Infrastructure Development. Vol. 42. No. 3, pp. 350-358, DOI: https://doi.org/10.15544/mts.2020.35
- Markina,, Chykurkova, A., Pokataieva, O., Semenov, A., Hreі, Yu. (2019). Innovative methods of enterprise personnel motivation. International Journal of Management and Business Research. Vol. 9. (4), pp. 215-226. DOI: 10.1504/IJMCP.2016.078307
- Urbancová,, Vrabcová, P. (2020). Age management as a human resources management strategy with a focus on the primary sector of the Czech Republic. Agric. Econ. Vol. 66. pp. 251–259. https://doi.org/10.17221/11/2020-AGRICECON
The article was received 15.07.2020