JEL classification: F12; Q13
Introduction. A highly competitive market environment has necessitated the formation of approaches to effective and rational management of the competitiveness of both the enterprise and its products. Given that the process of competitiveness formation itself is complex and combines elements of both internal and external environment, it is important to identify the factors that affect the management of competitiveness. The multilevel environment and complex causal links between its factors, which determine the choice of competitive strategy to ensure the competitiveness of the enterprise, plays a crucial role in determining the direction of formation and use of the competitive potential of agribusiness entities.
The purpose of the article is to summarize the factors of direct and indirect action on the formation of the agricultural enterprises’ competitiveness, as well as analysis of their impact.
Results. The article proposes a method of complex research of competitive advantages of the enterprise, where the stages of its implementation are specified, namely: research of the macroenvironment of the enterprise; analysis of the immediate environment and assessment of external competitive advantages of the enterprise; assessment of the processes of formation and development of competitive advantages of the enterprise, as well as appropriate tools are proposed for each stage. The formation of competitive advantages under the influence of factors of resource provision of agricultural enterprises is detailed. The analysis of the impact of environmental factors is carried out in terms of ensuring the competitive advantages of agribusiness entities, considered in the structure of the competitive diamond of M. Porter. Expert assessment and analysis of the dynamics of supporting and related industries, the level of factor conditions, intra-industry competition, parameters of domestic demand and state support of the industry allowed to establish the decisive influence of factor conditions on land, water, financial and human resources, innovation and infrastructure. Supporting and related industries have the least impact due to the high level of their import dependence, which negatively affects the cost of agricultural products and hinders the formation of competitive advantages of agribusiness entities.
Key words: competitive advantages, competitiveness, competitiveness factors, evaluation of M. Porter’s “competitive diamond”.
- Breslavets, A. I., Yurchenko, A. I. (2009). «Man-made contaminated soils and ways to improve them». Zbirnyk naukovykh prats UkrNDIEP. no. 17. pp. 189-201.
- Voloshchuk, M.D., Kosar, V. I. (2008). «The tragedy of land degradation: ways to restore their fertility and protection». Visnyk Prykarpatskoho natsionalnoho universytetu
im. V. Stefanyka. vol. 12. pp. 142-149.
- Hutkevych, S.O., Korinko, M. D. (2012). «Financial resources of business entities». Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu vodnoho hospodarstva ta pryrodokorystuvannia. 2012. vol. 2 (58). pp. 33-39
- Illiashenko, S.M. (2012). «Environmental friendliness as a factor of product competitiveness». Aktualni problemy ekonomiky. no. 9 (135). pp. 143-150.
- Kharichkov, S.K., Averykhyna, T. V. (2012). «Methodical approaches to assessing the environmental competitiveness of products and environmental and economic rating of the enterprise». Ekonomika: realii chasu. no. 3/4. pp. 23-27.
- Tendiuk, A. O. (2013). Metodychnyj pidkhid do vprovadzhennia ekolohichnoho marketynhu na mezo- ta makrorivniakh. [Methodical approach to the introduction of environmental marketing at the meso and macro levels]. Efekty`vna ekonomika. [Effective economy]. no 4. Available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=8&w=%D0%90.+%D0%9E.+%D0%A2%D 0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B4%D1%8E%D0%BA.
- Hamel, G., Prahalad, K. K. (2002). Konkuriruja za budushhee. Sozdanie rynkov zavtrashnego dnja [Competing for the future. Building the markets of tomorrow]. Olimp-Biznes. Moskva. Russia.
- Kletsova, K.V. (2010). «Formation of staff competencies as a basis for ensuring its competitiveness in the labor market». Visnyk Skhidnoukrainskoho natsionalnoho universytetu im. V. Dalia. no. 1 (143). pp. 144-151.
- Mishkovets, L. V. (2010). «Factors of formation and development of labor potential of agro-industrial enterprises of Odessa region». Ekonomika kharchovoi promyslovosti. 2010. # 1 (5). S. 46-49.
- Porter, M. (1993). Mezhdunarodnaja konkurencija [International competition]. Mezhdunarodnye otnoshenija. Moscow. Russia.
The article was received 03.10.2020