УДК: 378.184: 334.012.64
JEL classification: A22; I21; I23
The article examines the issues of entrepreneurship support through the development of academic (university) business incubators. The experience of foreign universities in supporting entrepreneurship of students, graduates and university staff has been studied. The mechanism of creation of an academic business incubator within the limits of realization of the program on assistance to creation of a steady network of business incubators in Zaporizhzhia region is considered. Trends in the development of academic entrepreneurship based on of Berdyansk State Pedagogical University in the conditions of quarantine restrictions are determined.
The use of incubators and accelerators as institutions to promote the development of new business enterprises has grown worldwide in recent years. There is a significant increase in the number of (academic) university business incubators, which are incubators located in universities and closely integrated with the activities of universities for the development and dissemination of knowledge.
The universities and the education system must create an enabling environment for young people to develop their thinking as an employee and an employer. It is necessary to prepare students and teachers to improve entrepreneurial skills and knowledge to create jobs.
Keywords: entrepreneurship, university, academic business incubator, entrepreneurial skills, training.
- AIP to największy ekosystem rozwoju biznesów w tej części Europy (2021). Wspieramy przedsiębiorców od 2004 roku. Available from: https://aip.link/o-grupie-aip/
- Akademichnyi biznes-inkubator: orhanizatsiino-metodychne zabezpechennia vprovadzhennia innovatsii. [Academic business incubator: organizational and methodological support for innovation: practice. way.]. (2013). In Serohina, S. (ed.). Print. Dnepropetrovsk. Ukraune.
- Berezhnytska U.B. (2019). «Features and benefits of academic business incubators in the system of higher education in Ukraine». Rozvytok akademichnoho pidpryiemnytstva v zakladakh vyshchoi osvity ta naukovykh ustanovakh Ukrainy. [Development of academic entrepreneurship in higher education institutions and research institutions of Ukraine]. Proceeding of round table (Kyiv, May 16, 2019), pp. 63-66.
- Castillo S., Martínez A., M. Mejía, Jacinto L. (2019). Practices of university business incubators in the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Puebla. Horizontes de la Contaduría en las Ciencias Sociales. Available from: https://cutt.ly/dYhukLS
- Gorączkowska, J. (2020). Enterprise innovation in technology incubators and university business incubators in the context of Polish industry. Oeconomia Copernicana, 11(4), 799–817. doi: 10.24136/oc.2020.032
- Hassan N. (2020). University business incubators as a tool for accelerating entrepreneurship: theoretical perspective. Review of Economics and Political Science. 2020. DOI 10.1108/REPS-10-2019-0142
- Huda N., Rejito C. (2020). Modelling University Business Incubator for SMEs Digitalisation. Indonesian Journal of Information Systems (IJIS). Vol. 3, No. 1, August 2020. 23-37.
- Nestorenko T. (2016). Economic impact of international students on a host city: case of the university of economics in Bratislava. 3rd Teaching & Education Conference, the International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences, June 28 – July 1, 2016 in Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain. Available from: https://cutt.ly/gQyJbh0
- Nestorenko T.P. (2007). Infrastruktura horoda v kontekste eho konkurentosposobnosti. [City infrastructure in the context of its competitiveness]. Zb. nauk. prats (Mykolaiv), is.59 “Economic sciences”, Petro Mohyla Black Sea State University, vol.72, 70-76. Available at: https://cutt.ly/zQEgQ3A
- Nestorenko, T.P. (2020). «The superstar economy”: opportunities and threats for education». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. Vol. 7, no 2, 8–15. DOI: https://doi.org/10.36887/2415-8453-2020-2-1.
- Nicholls-Nixon C., Dave Valliere D., Hassannezhad Z. (2020). A Typology of University Business Incubators: Implications for Research and Practice. Available at: https://cutt.ly/qYhtCDo
- Ostenda A., Nestorenko T., Zhihir A. (2018). What do students think of the education curriculum? Case of Katowice School of Technology. International Relations 2018: Current issues of world economy and politics. Conference proceedings, 19th International Scientific Conference, Smolenice Castle. 582-589. Available at: https://cutt.ly/9Yg6CcI
- Pellegrini M., Johnson-Sheehan R. (2020). The Evolution of University Business Incubators: Transnational Hubs for Entrepreneurship. Journal of Business and Technical Communication 35(2). Available at: https://doi.org/10.1177/1050651920979983
- University of Entrepreneurship. Initiative. (2020). Available at: https://www.yepworld.org/ua/uni/
- Pro zatverdzhennia prymirnykh statutiv ta metodychnykh rekomendatsii Nakaz. Derzhavnyi komitet Ukrainy z pytan nauky, innovatsii ta informatyzatsii. (2010). [On approval of model statutes and methodological recommendations. State Committee of Ukraine for Science, Innovation and Informatization]. Order №150, dated 27.12.2010. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v0150822-10
- Redondo, M., Camarero, C. and van der Sijde, P. (2021). Exchange of knowledge in protected environments. The case of university business incubators. European Journal of Innovation Management, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1108/EJIM-08-2020-0341
- Regional Fund for Entrepreneurship Support in the Zaporozhye region (2018). General information. Available at: https://cutt.ly/7Yg1CnS
- Strategy for the development of your education in Ukraine for 2021-2031 (2020). Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. Available at: https://cutt.ly/AYdVXxq
- Siddiqui, K. A.; Al-Shaikh, M. E.; Bajwa, I. A.; Al-Subaie, A. Identifying critical success factors for university business incubators in Saudi Arabia. Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues 8(3), рр. 267-279. Available at: https://doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2021.8.3(15)
- Vaquero-García A., Ferreiro-Seoane F.J., Álvarez-García J. Entrepreneurship and University: How to Create Entrepreneurs from University Institutions. In: Peris-Ortiz M., Gómez J., Merigó-Lindahl J., Rueda-Armengot C. (eds) Entrepreneurial Universities. Innovation, Technology, and Knowledge Management. Springer, Cham. 2017. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-47949-1_4
- YEP! (2021). Available from: http://www.yepworld.org/ua/about/
The article was received 15.12.2021