JEL classification: D82; L21; M41
The study reveals that since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, many domestic enterprises have yet to be ready for operational changes. This was the first impulse that led to the closure of several businesses that could not adapt to the new challenges of today. The outbreak of hostilities in early 2022 posed an even more significant threat to the economic security of enterprises and their ability to function. After all, almost all enterprises in the eastern, southern, and northern parts suffered not only financial but also material losses. The article aims to determine the impact of modern challenges on the economic security of enterprises and substantiate the primary vectors for strengthening the safety of their activities.
The article emphasizes that most enterprises face the problem of economic security in the current economic environment. The report analyzes theoretical studies of the essence of the financial security of enterprises. It defines it as a combination of economic relations that arise to ensure stability and sustainability of the interests of the enterprise with the interests of the environment. The existence of internal and external factors that influence the economic security of the enterprise is revealed. The novelty of this study lies in the systematization and characterization of the stages of the Ukrainian government’s support for entrepreneurial activity in the context of a full-scale war, with the identification of the main areas aimed at stabilizing entrepreneurial activity and strengthening its economic security. The article establishes that in the context of digital economy development, the transition from conventional to digital activities is a priority component of the economic security of an enterprise. This allows the company to overcome the most challenging period of its activity. The article also emphasizes that the elements of digitalization are the modern vectors of development that would enable most small and medium-sized enterprises to function in the market and thus strengthen their economic security. Investment and innovation measures are proven to be the most relevant for enhancing the economic security of the enterprise.
Keywords: economic security, СОVІD-19 pandemic, war, digitalization, investment, innovation.
- Kamlyk, M.I. (2005). Ekonomichna bezpeka pidpryiemnyts’koi diial’nosti. Ekonomiko-pravovyj aspekt. [Economic security of business activity. Economic and legal aspect]. Atika. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Blakyta, H., Bohma, O., Silakova, H. (2022). «Conflictology in the concept of economic security of enterprises in war conditions».·Scientia·fructuosa (Visnyk Kyivs’koho natsional’noho torhovel’no-ekonomichnoho universytetu). vol. 143(3), pp. 50–58. https://doi.org/10.31617/visnik.knute.2022(143)03.
- Blakyta, H.V., Mel’nyk, V.V., Purdenko, O.A. (2018). «Economic security of private enterprises». Ekonomika Ukrainy. no. 9 (682), pp. 60-73.
- Kovalenko, K.V. (2008). «Basics of creating a complex system of economic security of the enterprise: theoretical aspect». Visnyk Donets’koho natsional’noho universytetu ekonomiky i torhivli imeni Mykhajla Tuhan-Baranovs’koho. no. 3, pp. 134-139.
- Koba, O. (2022). «Economic security of the construction industry in the conditions of challenges and threats of martial law». Ekonomika ta suspil’stvo. no. 42. Available at: https://www.esonomyandsosiety.in.ua/index.php/journal/artisle/view/1604.
- Kapitula, S.V. (2009). Otsinka ta upravlinnia ekonomichnoiu bezpekoiu pidpryiemstva (na prykladi hirnycho-zbahachuval’nykh kombinativ Ukrainy). [Assessment and management of the economic security of the enterprise (on the example of mining and processing plants of Ukraine)]. Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis. 08.00.04. Kryvoriz’kyj tekhnichn. un-t. Kryvyi Rih. Ukraine.
- Kolodiazhna, I.V., Bukrina, K.A. (2019). «Economic security in the system of sustainable functioning of the enterprise». Naukovyj visnyk Uzhhorods’koho natsional’noho universytetu. Seriia: Mizhnarodni ekonomichni vidnosyny ta svitove hospodarstvo. vol. 23(1), pp. 135-140. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/ Nvuumevsg_2019_23%281%29__30.
- Kuzenko, T.B. (2004). Planuvannia ekonomichnoi bezpeky pidpryiemstv v umovakh rynkovoi ekonomiky. [Planning of the economic security of enterprises in the conditions of a market economy]. Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis. 08.06.01. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Vasyl’tsiv, T. (2008). Ekonomichna bezpeka pidpryiemnytstva Ukrainy: stratehiia ta mekhanizmy zmitsnennia. [Economic security of entrepreneurship of Ukraine: strategy and strengthening mechanisms]. Aral. Lviv. Ukraine.
- Kotseruba, N. (2022). «Directions of preventing bankruptcy of the enterprise». Sotsial’no-kompetentne upravlinnia ta bezpeka pidpryiemnyts’kykh struktur v umovakh voiennoi ekonomiky. [Socially competent management and security of business structures in the conditions of a war economy]. Proceedingof Materials of the 1st International Scientific and Practical Internet Conference (28-29 zhovtnia 2022 roku). Luts’k: SPD Hadiak Zhanna Volodymyrivna, drukarnia «Volyn’polihraf», pp. 121-123.
- Aref’ieva, O.V., Koval’chuk, A.M., Pavlenko, B.O. (2021). «Innovative management of resource provision and economic security of the enterprise in the conditions of a competitive environment». Problemy systemnoho pidkhodu v ekonomitsi. vol. 6(86), pp. 32-38.
- Katranzhy, L., Novik, K. (2020). «Management of the financial and economic security of the enterprise (on the example of «Altair+» company)». Molodyj vchenyj. no. 11 (87), pp. 169-172. https://doi.org/10.32839/2304-5809/2020-11-87-36.
- Ekonomichna pravda. Koronavirus VS biznes: polovyna pidpryiemtsiv protrymaiet’sia na karantyni ne bil’she misiatsia. [Economic truth. Coronavirus VS business: half of entrepreneurs will stay in quarantine for no more than a month]. Available at: https://www.epravda.som.ua/publisations/2020/04/2/658857/.
- Vijna zminyla vse: iaki vyklyky podolaly hromadiany ta biznes mynuloho roku i do choho hotuvatysia u 2023 rotsi. [The war changed everything: what challenges citizens and businesses overcame last year and what to prepare for in 2023]. Available at: https://www.unian.ua/esonomiss/other/viyna-zminila-vse-yaki-vikliki-podolali-gromadyani-ta-biznes-minulogo-roku-i-do-shogo-gotuvatisya-u-2023-rosi-12101166.html.
The article was received 12.01.2023