JEL classification: D91
The essence of the concept of “economic potential of the enterprise” substantiated in the article. Classification features systematized and the classification of types of economic potential of the enterprise at the micro level of its functioning formed, within which the classification feature according to which economic potential divided depending on life stages of business allocated. Theoretical principles of the enterprise life cycle substantiated, which allows to trace the patterns of enterprise development at different stages, as well as to manage this development. It is determined that the most common in the economy is the approach to the allocation of stages of the life cycle of the enterprise by analogy with human life cycles, called “origin”, “growth”, “maturity” and “recession” and “recession”. The dependence of the value of the economic potential of the enterprise on the life stages of business is constructed. It revealed that at the vital stages of “origin” and “growth” of business the value of entrepreneurial potential is characterized by increasing the number of available resources and capabilities of the enterprise, increases the ability to perform complex production functions, overcome market barriers and withstand the pressure of existing competition. Stages of “recession” and “recession” of business is the opposite situation, which is characterized by low levels of use of existing potential, reduction of existing business opportunities and is accompanied by other negative trends. It is determined that the ratio of economic potential and conditions of enterprise development is different at each stage of the life cycle, which determines the duration of each stage and quantitative and qualitative indicators of the implementation of the next of them. Peculiarities of using economic potential at different stages of the enterprise life cycle described.
Keywords: economic potential, entrepreneurial potential, enterprise life cycle, starting potential, developing potential, productive potential, curtailing potential, exhausted potential.
1. Mizyuk, B.M. (2012). «Information nature of management». Ekonomika ta derzhava. vol. 2. pp. 8-13.
2. Alekseeva, N.F., Voronina, M.O. (2010). «Improving the system of stimulating the professional development
of employees». Visnyk KDU im. M. Ostrohrads’koho. vol. 2 (61). pp. 136-141.
3. Stadnyk, V.V., Nepogodina, N.I. (2011). «Research of the dynamics and direction of investment processes in Ukraine and their impact on the competitiveness of the national economy». Visnyk Khmel’nyts’koho natsional’noho universytetu. Ekonomichni nauky. no. 3, vol. 1. pp. 193-197.
4. Fyhurnov, E.P. (1982). «The production potential of socialist society». Polytycheskyj samoobrazovanye. vol. 1. pp. 238-249.
5. Sheverya, M.Yu. (2009). «Practical application of modern motivational theories at the enterprises of
woodworking industry». Nauk. visn. Uzhhorod. universytetu. Ekonomika. vol. 28, part 2. pp. 200-204.
6. Krasnoruts’kyj, O.O., Rudenko, S.V. (2016). «Conceptual approaches to managing the economic potential of agriculture». Ukrains’kyj zhurnal prykladnoi ekonomiky. no. 1. № 3. pp. 77-84.
7. Koval, L.V. (2010). «Economic potential of the enterprise: essence and structure». Visnyk Natsionalnoho
universytetu «Lvivska politekhnika». no. 690. pp. 59-65.
8. Oriekhova, A.I. (2018). «Ekonomichnyi potentsial pidpryiemstva: sutnisni kharakterystyky ta
strukturyzatsiia». Ekonomika i suspilstvo. no. 17, pp. 308-313.
The article was received 12.06.2021