JEL classification: A1; H7; R5
Introduction. In the process of decentralization of power and management in Ukraine, there are problems of both practical, managerial and theoretical nature, which require finding the reasons for their emergence, and providing sound proposals for their solution.
The purpose of the research is to establish a connection and interdependence between the conceptual framework, target settings, the subjective dimension of the decentralization of public power and its economic, political, legal, managerial consequences.
System, geographical and managerial approaches, philosophical, general scientific and special methods were used to achieve the goal (of SWOT-analysis, deduction and induction, comparison, analysis and synthesis, statistical methods, of author’s observations).
Results. The process of decentralization of power and governance in Ukraine, which began in 2015, is complex and contradictory due to the lack of theoretical validity of the reform and the aggravation of the internal political situation due to the manifestations of centrifugal trends in certain regions. The situation has been aggravated, on the one hand, by the historically established practice of strict centralized administration and, on the other hand, by the fact that Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union, which has disintegrated due to centrifugal tendencies. Therefore, from the very beginning of nation-building in sovereign Ukraine, the topic of regionalism and regionalization became unpopular among authorities. As a result, a community model was chosen in the decentralization of power and governance. This choice seemed to be a way of expanding the powers of territorial communities and local governments. Taking into account the existing approach to the territorial organization of power, the article offers a new view of public power, of which the state power is a part, other subjects of public power have been identified, the need to decentralize both vertically and horizontally the public power has been justified, the bearers of which, apart from the state and local authorities, are business structures, public organizations, citizens and their associations – communities.
Conclusions. Given the contradictory and incomplete nature of the reform, the economic, political, legal and managerial consequences of decentralization of power have been analyzed, and the new model of administrative and territorial structure of Ukraine has been justified. The main scientific provisions and conclusions of the study can be used in the process of further territorial organization at the regional level, the development of public authority on the basis of democracy.
Keywords: decentralization of public power, economic, political, legal and managerial consequences of decentralization, united territorial community, district, region, territorial organization of power.
- Braun, von J. Grote U. Does decentralization serve the, poor? Managing fiscal decentralization. London: Routledge. Available at: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/seminar/2000/fiscal/vonbraun.pdf doi: 4324/9780203219997.ch4
- Schneider, (2003). Decentralization: Conceptualization and Measurement. Studies in Comparative International Development. Vol. 38/3. P. 32–35. doi.org/10.1007/BF02686198.
- Perspectives on Fiscal Federalism (2006). In Bird, M. (ed.), Vaillancourt, F. Washington: WBI learning resources series.
- Oates,E. (2008). Of the Evolution of Fiscal Federalism: Theory and Institutions. National Tax Journal. Vol. 61, June. P. 313–334. doi.org/10.17310/ntj.2008.2.08.
- Convery,, Lundberg, T.C. (2017). Decentralization and the Centre Right in the UK and Spain: Central Power and Regional Responsibility. Territory, Politics, Governance. Vol. 5 (4). P. 388–405. doi:10.1080/21622671.2016.1234406/.
- Local Democracy in Post-Communist Europe. (2003). In Baldersheim, (ed.), Illner, M., Wollmann, H. Opladen: Leske Budrich.
- Ruano,M., Profiroiu, M. (2017). Conclusions: Intergovernmental Networks and Decentralization in Europe. The Palgrave Handbook of decentralization in Europe. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Zarichnyi,A. (2017). Uchast hromadskosti u zdiisnenni publichnoi vlady. [Public participation in the exercise of public power]. Ph.D. Thesis: 12.00.01. NU «Lvivska politekhnika». Lviv. Ukraine.
- Remeniak,V. (2020). Detsentralizatsiia publichnoi vlady v pravovii teorii ta derzhavotvorchii praktytsi. [Decentralization of public power in legal theory and state-building practice]. Ph.D. Thesis: 12.00.01. NU «Lvivska politekhnika». Lviv. Ukraine.
- Vozniak, V. (2018). Biudzhetna polityka sotsialno-ekonomichnoho rozvytku rehioniv Ukrainy v umovakh finansovoi detsentralizatsii. [Budget policy of socio-economic development of the regions of Ukraine in terms of financial decentralization]. D. Sc. Thesis: 08.00.08. DU «Instytut rehionalnykh doslidzhen» imeni M.I. Dolishnoho NAN Ukrainy. Lviv. Ukraine.
- Manuilov,V. (2018). Kontseptsiia detsentralizatsii publichnoi vlady v polityko-upravlinskii tradytsii Ukrainy. [The concept of decentralization of public power in the political and administrative tradition of Ukraine]. D. Sc. Thesis: 25.00.04. Klasychnyi pryvat. un-t. Ukraine.
- Detsentralizatsiia vlady: poriadok dennyi na serednostrokovu perspektyvu: analit. dop. [Decentralization of power: the agenda for the medium term: analyst. ext.] (2019). [Zhalilo,A., Shevchenko, O.V., Romanova, V.V. ta in.]. In red. Zhalila, Ya.A. (ed.). NISD. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Lysiak,V., Salnykova, T.V. (2017). «Directions for improving budget policy in the context of decentralization». Naukovyi pohliad: ekonomika ta upravlinnia. № (2 (58)), рр.42–55.
- Matviienko,S. (2015). Polityko-pravovi zasady terytorialnoi orhanizatsii derzhavy: svitovyi dosvid i Ukrainy. [Political and legal principles of the territorial organization of the state: world experience and Ukraine]. In-t derzhavy i prava im. V.M. Koretskoho NAN Ukrainy. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Batanov, (2014). «Political and legal principles of decentralization of public power in foreign countries in the context of municipal reform in Ukraine». Yuryd. visn. № (4), рр.64–70.
- Detsentralizatsiia publichnoi vlady v Ukraini: zdobutky, problemy ta perspektyva. [Decen-tralization of public power in Ukraine: achievements, problems and prospects]. (2019). Proceeding of materials all-Ukrainian. scientific-practical conf. for international. Partici-pation (March 15, 2019, Lviv). In Huralia, , Sushynskoho, O. LRIDU NADU. Lviv. Ukraine.
- Habermas, J. (1989). The Structural Transformation of the Public Sphere: An Inquiry into a Category of Bourgeois Society. Translated by Thomas Burger, with the assistance of Frederick Lawrence. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. 301
- Entsyklopedychnyi slovnyk z derzhavnoho upravlinnia. [Encyclopedic dictionary of public administration]. (2010). Surmin, P., Bakumenko, V.D., Mykhnenko, A.M. and other; in Kovbasiuka, Yu.V., Troshchynskoho, V.P., Surmina, Yu.P. (ed.). NADU. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Boryslavskyi, (2015). «All-Ukrainian Forum of Scholars “The latest constitutional process in Ukraine: the decentralization of power.”» Pravo. Visnyk. Dodatok do zhurnalu «Pravo Ukrainy». In Yure. Kyiv. Ukraine, pp. 68–72.
- Yurydychna entsyklopediia: v 6 t. [Legal encyclopedia: in 6 volumes]. (2003) /Shemshuchenko,S. (main ed.) and other. Ukrainska entsyklopediia. Kyiv. Ukraine. V. 5, pp. 736 р.
- Shemshuchenko, (2015). «All-Ukrainian forum of legal scholars “The latest constitutional process in Ukraine: the decentralization of power.”». Pravo. Visnyk. Dodatok do zhurnalu «Pravo Ukrainy». In Yure. Kyiv. Ukraine, рр. 22–25.
- Hamburh,S. (2014). «Theoretical issues of decentralization of state power in the system of public power of a unitary state». Visn. Zaporizkoho natsion. un-tu. Yurydychni nauky. № (4 (1)), рр. 134–145.
- Cheema, Shabbir. (2007). Decentralizing Governance Emerging Concepts and Practices. Washington, D.C.: as institute for democratic governance and innovation John F. Kennedy School of Government Harvard University. 326 p.
- Reforma detsentralizatsii [Veb-sait]. Available at: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/diyalnist/reformi/efektivne-vryaduvannya/reforma-decentralizaciyi
- Kontseptsiia reformuvannia mistsevoho samovriaduvannia ta terytorialnoi orhanizatsii vlady: rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy. [The concept of reforming local self-government and territorial organization of power: the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine]. №333-r. dated 01.04.2014. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/333-2014-%D1%80#Text
The article was received 03.11.2020