УДК 336.14 (477)
JEL classification: С43; С82; H72
Introduction. The question of justification of optimal and efficient methods and tools of effective budgetary management is important when planning and using budget funds. At the same time, world experience does not give universal decisions on its organization and evaluation, since there are inherent budgetary structure and peculiarities of budget system building in each country. There is an urgent need to develop a system of indicators that can be used to assess the budget management effectiveness at the appropriate stage of the budget process.
The purpose of the article is to develop indicators for evaluating the budget management effectiveness in planning and using budget funds on the basis of target and process approaches.
Results. It is substantiated that, despite the importance of building an effective management system in the budgetary sphere, the issue of evaluating the budgetary management effectiveness in the planning and using of budgetary funds has not been properly developed. The list of indicators of budgetary management effectiveness at planning and using of budgetary means is offered and calculated in the context of target and process approaches. The integral performance index of budgetary management was calculated, which made it possible to distinguish the performance zones (critical, lower than average, medium, high). The conceptual and categorical apparatus of the economics theory and financial management has been further developed in order to clarify the meaningful content of the concepts of “target budget management effectiveness”, “process budget management effectiveness”, “overall budget management effectiveness”.
Conclusions. Thus, having conducted the research we were able to distinguish the indicators and, on their basis, to calculate an integral indicator of the budget management effectiveness in the planning and using of budget funds. Such calculations are based on targeted and process approaches, which allowed to determine the efficiency indexes of income planning, achievement of planned expenditures, rhythmic execution of income, the degree of uniformity of expenditures.
Keywords: management system, effectiveness, budget, revenues, budget management, expenditures, planning, budgetary funds.
- Bondaruk, T., Melnychuk, N., Bondaruk, I. (2018). Instability and its government regulation. Baltic Journal of Economic Studies. SIA Izdevnieciba «Baltija Publishing» (Riga). Volume 4. No. 2, pр. 32–39.
- Shevchuk, V. O., Mel’nychuk N. Yu., Krutova A. S. (2019). «Proactive mechanism of budgetary management in the system of state regulation of the economy». Finansovo-kredytna diial’nist’: problemy teorii ta praktyky: zb. nauk. pr. №2 (29), рр. 476-486.
- Mykhajlenko, S. V. (2011). «Budget Management: Definitions, Principles, Functions». Aktual’ni problemy ekonomiky. № 3 (117), рр. 223–229.
- Oparin, V. M., Safonova, L. D. (1998). «Essence and components of budget management». Finansy Ukrainy. № 2, рр. 60–67.
- Vnutrishnij audyt efektyvnosti: metodychni zasady ta praktychni aspekty. [Internal audit of efficiency: methodical foundations and practical aspects]. (2013). Andreiev, P. P., Chechulina, O. O., Yan van Tajnen ta in. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Official site of the State Treasury Service of Ukraine. Available at: https://www.treasury.gov.ua/ua/file-storage/vikonannya-derzhavnogo-byudzhetu
- Majboroda, O. V., Chemchykalenko, R. A., Majboroda, O. Ye. (2010). «Medium-term budget planning in the context of the budget code». Vestnyk Nats. tekhn. un-ta «KhPY». Temat. vyp. «Tekhnycheskyj prohress y effektyvnost’ p-va». № 59. рр. 175–184.
- Holyns’ka, O. V. (2017). «Basic Approaches and Categories of Management Evaluation of Budget Program Effectiveness.». Theory and Practice of Public Administration. № 3 (58). Available at: http://www.kbuapa.kharkov.ua/e-book/tpdu/2017-3/doc/2/02.pdf
The article was received 18.06.2019