УДК: 631.15: 332.3
JEL classification: Q15; Q57
The article reveals the essence of such concepts as “rational land use”, “ecologically safe land use”. In the process of the land reform implementation in Ukraine the land was given into possession, which due to the ground cover is degraded or unproductive, the use of which is economically unproductive and ecologically shady, which negatively affects the natural environment. Among the factors that cause degradation of soil, the most important are those associated with the use of land. The current state of agricultural landscapes of the forest-steppe zone in Kharkiv region is characterized by a significant increase in degraded ornamented land, which require scientifically based measures on their normal environmental use taking into account the formation of a stable development of land use and favorable living environment. This determines the relevance of scientific principles development for rehabilitation of degraded and unproductive lands. Analysis of the state of lands in the forest-steppe zone of Kharkiv region in the context of soil and ecological areas showed that in recent years their condition has historically deteriorated and has become threatening. This also applies to the soil cover, which has significantly lost its self-regulating properties. Water and wind erosion is the most influential factor in reducing the productivity of land resources. Proposals were made on the removal of degraded land from the composition of the land in individual administrative units of Kharkiv region and the need to carry out large-scale land management works to create ecologically stable and balanced agro-landscapes was outlined. Ecological modeling of land resources use in the forest-steppe zone of Kharkiv region should be considered as a system of measures aimed at creating their productive capacity through conservation, rehabilitation, transformation and regeneration of degraded and unproductive lands. The system of comprehensive environmental monitoring should be a tool that will help to detect depletion of natural resources and degradation of agricultural land, changes in the environment.
Key words: land degradation, soil erosion, agrolandscapes, land conservation, ecological optimization, land monitoring.
- Oblasna Prohrama ratsionalnoho vykorystannia ta okhorony zemel v Kharkivskii oblasti na 2011 – 2015 roky [Regional Program of rational use and protection of lands in the Kharkiv region for 2011 – 2015] Available at: https://www.ts.lica.com.ua/b_text.php.
- Andreitsev, V.I., Baliuk, H.I., Hetman, A.P. (2007). Zemelnyi kodeks Ukrainy: naukovo-praktychnyi komentar [Land Code of Ukraine: scientific and practical commentary]. In Yure Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Andreitsev, V. I. (2001). Ekolohichne pravo. Osoblyva chastyna. [Environmental law. A special part]. Istyna. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Andriishyn, I.M., Sokhnych, A.Ya. (1998). Metodolohichni osnovy optymizatsii okhorony pryrody i zemlekorystuvannia. [Methodological bases of optimization of nature protection and land use]. Ukrainski tekhnolohii. Lviv. Ukraine.
- Baliuk, S.A. (2010). «Soil resources of Ukraine: condition and measures for their improvement». Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky. 6, pp. 5-10.
- Bulyhin, S.Yu., Burakov, V.I., Kotova, M.M. (2004). Proektuvannia gruntozakhysnykh ta melioratyvnykh zakhodiv v ahrolandshaftakh. [Design of soil protection and reclamation measures in agricultural landscapes]. NAU. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Dobriak, D.S., Kuzin, N.V. (2016). «Ecological and economic mechanism of rehabilitation of degraded and unproductive agricultural lands». Ekonomika APK. 9, pp. 10-17.
- Kilochko, V.M. (2012). «Organizational-legal and financial-economic problems of development of land management projects that provide ecological and economic justification of crop rotation and land management». Zemleustrii i kadastr. 4, pp. 10-14.
- Kryvov, V.M. (2008). Ekolohichno bezpechne zemlekorystuvannia Lisostepu Ukrainy. Problemy okhorony gruntiv. [Ecologically safe land use of the Forest-Steppe of Ukraine. Problems of soil protection]. Urozhai. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Tretiak, A.M., Tretiak, V.M. (2015). «The concept, essence, and content of rational land use: theory, methodology and practice». Zemlevporiadnyi visnyk. 8, pp. 21-25.
- Dobriak, D.S., Kanash, O.P., Babmindra, D.I., Rozumnyi, I.A. (2009). Klasyfikatsiia silskohospodarskykh zemel yak naukova peredumova yikh ekolohobezpechnoho vykorystannia. [Classification of agricultural lands as a scientific prerequisite for their environmentally friendly use]. Urozhai. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Chohut, H.Y. (2005). «Determination of the ecological and economic efficiency of agricultural land use». Vestnik VGU. Seriya: Ekonomika i upravlenie. 2, pp. 74-78.
- Dopovid pro stan navkolyshnoho pryrodnoho seredovyshcha v Kharkivskii oblasti u 2019 rotsi [Report on the state of the environment in the Kharkiv region in 2019]. Kharkivska oblasna derzhavna administratsiia. Available at: https://kharkivoda.gov.ua/oblasna-derzhavna-administratsiya/struktura-administratsiyi/strukturni-pidrozdili/486/2736.
- Kovalchuk, I.P., Martyn, A.H., Tykhenko, R.V., Openko, I.A., Shevchenko, O.V., Kovalchuk, T.I., Demianchuk, I.P., Atamaniuk, O.P. (2017). Suchasni problemy silskykh terytorii Ukrainy ta yikh heoinformatsiinokartohrafichne modeliuvannia. [Modern problems of rural areas of Ukraine and their geoinformation cartographic modeling]. Medinform. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Pro zatverdzhennia Poriadku konservatsii zemel: Nakaz Ministerstva ahrarnoi polityky ta prodovolstva Ukrainy [On approval of the Procedure for land conservation] of аpril 26, 2013 no. 283. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0810-13.
- Medvediev, V.V., Laktionova, T.M., Hrekov, L.D. (2004). «Typology and assessment of dangerous phenomena in the soil cover of Ukraine». Gruntoznavstvo. Vol. 3-4, pp. 13-23.
- Barvinskyi, A.V., Tykhenko, R.V. (2016). Tekhnolohiia vidtvorennia produktyvnosti zemel na rehionalnomu rivni. [Technology of reproduction of land productivity at the regional level]. Komprynt. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Bryndzia, O.Z. (2014) «Economic levers of a systematic approach to rational agricultural land use». Nauka y ekonomika. 2, pp. 99-105.
- Tretiak, A. M. (2004). Ekonomika zemlekorystuvannia ta zemlevporiadkuvannia. [Economics of land use and land management]. TsZRU. Kyiv. Ukraine.
The article was received 10.01.2021