JEL classification: F10; F15
Introduction. The dynamic development of trade and integration processes, their expansion and deepening necessitate the identification of key dominants of this process and the factors that influenced their formation and development.
The purpose of the study is to determine the modern dominants of the development of international trade integration and to identify the factors of their formation.
Results. The article identifies and substantiates the key dominants of international trade integration, namely: transgeographic spatial localization, which is manifested in the emergence of international trade integration at the interregional and sometimes intercontinental level; trade liberalization, which takes place at both the global and regional levels and is manifested in the reduction of tariffs, removal of non-tariff barriers and the growth of the total number of regional trade agreements; multilevel trade integration – modern integration processes cover not only countries, subregions and regions, but also corporations, small and medium enterprises through their inclusion in global value chains; multilevel implementation of trade integration processes requires the formation of a multilevel regulatory system. The dynamics of the share of exports of interregional and intercontinental trade and integration associations in world exports of goods and services is analyzed. The determining factors of the dominants of international trade integration are singled out and classified. It is determined that economic factors, to a greater extent, affect trade liberalization and multilevel integration processes.
Conclusions. Integration processes are an integral part of modern global economic development. They are developing quite dynamically at all levels. Among the modern dominants, it is necessary to single out transgeographic spatial localization, trade liberalization, multilevel trade integration, formation of a multilevel system of regulation. However, it should be added that in a turbulent economic environment, which can generate or transform modern factors, there is a transformation of the dominants of international trade integration.
Keywords: international trade integration, trade liberalization, multilevel international trade integration, regional trade agreements, integration associations.
- Trans-Pacific Partnership: Веб-сайт. Available at: https://www.tpp.mfat.govt.nz/
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation: Веб-сайт. Available at: https://www.apec.org/
- Merchandise: Intra-trade and extra-trade of country groups by product, annual. UNCTAD. Веб-сайт. Available at: https: //unctadstat.unctad.org/wds/TableViewer/tableView.aspx? ReportId = 24397
- UNCTADSTAT. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://unctadstat.unctad.org/wds/TableViewer/tableView.aspx?ReportId=122
- Regional Trade Agreements Database. WTO: Веб-сайт. Available at: http://rtais.wto.org/UI/PublicMaintainRTAHome.aspx
- Non-Tariff Measures to Trade: Economic and Policy Issues for Developing Countries developing countries in international trade studies (2013). United Nations Conference on Trade and Development. Available at: https://unctad.org/system/files/official-document/ditctab20121_en.pdf
- Technological Innovation, Supply Chain Trade, And Workers in A Globalized World (2019). Global Value Chain Development Report 2019. World Trade Organization. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://www.oecd.org/dev/Global-Value-Chain-Development-Report-2019-Technological-Innovation-Supply-Chain-Trade-and-Workers-in-a-Globalized-World. pdf
- 10 global trade trends we’ll be watching in 2020. Original article. Trade ready. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://www.tradeready.ca/2019/featured-stories/10-global-trade-trends-well-be-watching-in-2020/
- Digital trade integration in preferential trade agreements. ARTNeT Working Paper. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://www.unescap.org/sites/default/d8files/knowledge-products/AWP%20191%2B.pdf
The article was received 25.07.2020