JEL classification: L83
Introduction. Modern tourism is rightly considered as one of the priority vectors of regional development, which is gaining worldwide popularity and provides the lion’s share of revenues to various levels of budgets in the region and the country. Underestimating the role of tourism and the need to implement innovative strategies for its growth will eventually lead to the loss of untapped opportunities and lowering the country’s rating in world markets.
The purpose of the article is to identify and implement innovative measures in regional tourism markets, important for regional innovation policy and the functioning of tourism on an innovative basis; types and tools of innovations that should be used in the tourism industry.
Results. The article reviews the literature that highlights the problem of introducing innovative measures in regional tourism markets. The role and significance of innovation in modern tourism are clarified. The place of tourism among the markets of regional development is characterized. The goals of regional innovation policy in the context of regional tourism are highlighted. It is proposed to expand the interpretation of the concept of “social tourism”. The components of the innovation potential of regional tourist markets as a symbiosis of labor, information, material and technological, financial and credit, sales and production factors are detailed. Their functional purpose in regional tourist markets is detailed. The directions of innovative activity which will promote more effective functioning of regional tourist markets and will provide constantly growing demand are outlined. The algorithm of innovative potential of regional tourist markets is offered; ways to increase the competitiveness of regional tourism markets on an innovative basis are outlined.
Conclusions. The innovativeness of measures for regional development determines the energy and resource-saving technologies are generalized for different spheres as an important element of the region’s competitiveness. Intensification of information, management, communication, technological solutions will eventually increase the investment opportunities of the region.
Key words: innovative activity, regional tourist markets, tourist service, sales activity, innovative potential, tourism infrastructure.
- Aleksieieva, Yu.V. Derzhavne rehuliuvannia turystychnoi haluzi Ukrainy v konteksti dosvidu Frantsii. Available at: ivbis-nbuv.gov.ua/cgi/cgiirbis_64.exe?2.
- Horetskyi, A.I. (2014). «Mechanisms of innovative development of the recreational sphere of the Carpathian region». Derzhavne rehuliuvannia protsesiv ekonomichnoho i sotsial’noho rozvytku. Teoriia ta praktyka derzhavnoho upravlinnia. 1 (44), pp. 1-5.
- Husiev, V.H. (2007). Derzhavna innovatsiina polityka, yak zasib rozvytku natsionalnoi ekonomiky: navch. posibnyk. [State innovation policy as a means of developing the national economy: textbook]. NAPA Publishing House. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Dziubina, A.V. Rozkryttia zmistu poniattia «innovatsiinyi potentsial» ta vyznachennia yoho skladovykh. [Disclosure of the content of the concept of “innovation potential” and definition of its components]. Available at: http://vlp.com.ua/files//2.34.pdf
- Lahodiienko, V.V., Andrusiv, U.Ia. (2018). «Regional economic policy in the conditions of disproportion: ways of minimization». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. Vol. №2, pp. 81–89.
- Martiusheva, L. (2002). «Innovative potential of the enterprise as an object of economic research». Finance of Ukraine. No.10, 61-66.
- Mudrak, R.P., Lahodiienko, V.V., Lahodiienko, N.V. (2018). «The impact of total costs on the volume of national production». Economic Journal – XXI. 172 (7-8), pp. 44-50.
- Natorniak, H., Holovko, S. (2008). «Innovations as priority areas of tourism development in Ukraine». Sotsial’no-ekonomichni problemy ta derzhava. № 1 (1), 121-128.
- Orlov, B.V. (2000). «Legal problems of defining the concepts of resort, health and recreational areas». Entrepreneurship, economy and law.5, pp. 48-50.
- Okhrimenko, A.H. (2006). «Features of functioning of a recreational complex in the conditions of sustainable development». Rehionalna ekonomika.2, pp. 224-228.
- Pavlov, K.V. (2014). «Clustering as a means of enhancing the impact of construction on the development of the real estate market». Klasteryzatsiia – vahomyj faktor pidvyschennia konkurento-spromozhnosti ekonomiky Ukrainy. [Clustering is an important factor in increasing the competitiveness of Ukraine’s economy]. Proceeding of materials of the IX Plenum of the Union of Economists of Ukraine and the International. scientific-practical conf. In Oskolsky V.V. (ed.); order. Yarosh M.F. Union of Economists of Ukraine. pp. 245-252.
- Pavlov,V., Pavlova, O.M. (2020). «Innovation and investment potential of the transport industry of Ukraine». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. Vol. 5. No.1, pp. 17-24.
- Pavlova, O.M., Pavlov, K.V., Bleianiuk, M.O., Yevpak, Yu.S. «Social and creative industries in the development of the concept of smart cities». Economic Journal of the Lesia Ukrainka East European National University. 2019. No.4 (20), 7-14.
- Panukhnyk, O. (2015). «Innovative potential of regional development of tourism and recreation with the involvement of youth tourism: prerequisites for the formation and vector management». Halyts’kyj ekonomichnyj visnyk. № 2 (49), 5-12.
- Povazhnyi, S.V. (2004). Menedzhment v sferi posluh. [Management in the field of services]. VNK. Ukraine.
- Strishenets O. M., Zaichuk K. A, (2017). «Priority areas of functioning of tourist clusters in the Volyn region». Actual problems of applied economics: col. monograph. In Strishenets M. (ed.), pp. 129-138.
- Strishenets,M. (2018). «Marketing research of financial and economic results and strategic positions of coffee producers in Ukraine». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. Vol. 3. No.3, pp. 219-227.
- Strishenets, O.M., Liashenko, O.M. (2017). «Theoretical aspects of tourism clusters as a determinant of socio-economic development of the region». Economic Journal of the Eastern European National University. Lesya Ukrainka. 4 (12), pp. 7-13.
- Mudrak, R., Nyzhnyk, I., Lagodiienko, V., Lagodiienko, N. (2019) Impact of Seasonal Production on the Dynamics of Prices for Meat and Dairy Products in Ukraine. TEM Journal. Volume 8, Issue 4, Pages 1159-1168. DOI: 10.18421/TEM84-08.
The article was received 27.03.2020