JEL classification: Q14; Q15; Q18; Q24; Q28; Q56; R52
Introduction. Land resources are a unique natural resource that is territorially limited. The specifics of land use have a significant impact on not only the socio-economic, political, demographic situation, but also environmental and qualitative indicators, and geographical location of land. World experience proves that the rational and efficient use of land resources contributes to the economic development of countries.
The purpose of the article is to study the existing mechanisms of economic incentives for the rational use of agricultural land in Ukraine and provide suggestions for their improvement.
Results. The largest in area are agricultural lands, the priority of which is emphasized in the Land Code of Ukraine. Therefore, the issue of increasing economic incentives for the rational use of agricultural land in Ukraine does not lose its relevance. According to the results of the research, the economic stimulation directions of rational use of agricultural lands in Ukraine are revealed, which will allow increasing the volume of nature protection measures, and will promote further rational use of land resources. The results of the study prove the relevance of improving approaches and mechanisms to economic incentives for rational use and protection of land, the search for new areas of economic incentives for rational use of agricultural land in Ukraine. One of such effective directions is full-fledged involvement of landowners and land users in the processes that ensure the preservation of land, restoration and improvement of their condition.
Conclusion. Attracting funds from individuals and legal entities will increase the volume of measures to combat the manifestations of negative processes and increase the level of responsibility of landowners and land users for economical land use. Taking into account the level of implementation of environmental protection measures, including relevant investments, during the introduction of the preferential taxation system, will encourage landowners and land users to rationally use land resources and improve their quality. It should be noted that this mechanism will be effective under certain conditions.
Keywords: economic incentives; land resources; land protection; tax benefits; rational use.
- Sling, M. (1978). The principle of rational use of natural resources in the theory of optimal planning. Eastern European Economics, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 3-23.
- Olubode-Awosola, F. (2010), Agricultural land tax and farm-level land-use changes and output supply response, China Agricultural Economic Review. 2. № 1, pp. 79-93. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1108/17561371011017513.
- Zemelnyi kodeks Ukrainy. [Land Code of Ukraine]. Available at: http:/zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2768–14.
- Grekov, L. D., Yurchenko, A. D., Miroshnichenko, А. М. (2008). «Economic stimulation of rational land use». Land Management Bulletin. No 1,34-38.
- Gnatkovich, O. D. (2013). «Economic stimulation of rational use and protection of lands». Innovative economy. No 1, 128–130.
- Gunchenko, O. V. (2014). «Theoretical and methodological aspects of assessing the economic efficiency of land use of agricultural enterprises». Bulletin of Kharkiv National Agrarian University. V. V. Dokuchaev. Ser.: Economic Sciences. No 6, 235-242.
- Dobriak, V.K. & Babmindra, D.I. (2006). Ekolohoekonomichni zasady reformuvannia zemlekorystuvannia v rynkovykh umovakh. [Ecological and economic principles of land use reform in market conditions]. Urozhai Kyiv.
- Kоshkalda, I. V. (2011). «Efficiency of agricultural land use in context of modern man-agement». AgroInKom, 10, pp. 38-43.
- Koshkalda, I. V. & Sheludko, K.V. (2018). «Agrochemical certification as a pre-requisite for the formation of sustainable agricultural land use». Ekonomichnyi visnyk universytetu. № 39, pp. 7-12.
- Kramarov, O. S. (2019). «Economic incentives for the rational use of agricultural land». Ekonomika APK. No 7, 92-100.
- Martyniuk, M. P. (2016). «On the issue of economic incentives for rational use and pro-tection of land». Naukovyi visnyk Khersonskoho derzhavnoho universytetu. № 19, 120-123.
- Novakovska, I. O. (2016). «Ecological and economic mechanism of land use functioning». Visnyk agrarnoi nauki. No 10, 65-67.
- Fedorov, M. M., Khodakivska, O. V., et al. (2010). Metodychni rekomendatsii shchodo ekonomichnoho stymuliuvannia vlasnykiv zemli ta zemlekorystuvachiv za ratsionalne vykorystannia i okhoronu zemel. [Methodical recommendations on economic stimulation of land owners and land users for rational use and protection of land]. NNS «IAE». Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Khodakivska, O. V. (2015). «Economic stimulation as a tool for regulating the greening of agricultural land use». Economics of agro-industrial complex. No 8, 27-32.
- Sherstyuk, S. V. (2014). «Legal provision of rational use of agricultural lands». Naukovyj visnyk Uzhhorods’koho natsional’noho universytetu: Seriia PRAVO. Issue Vol. 3,
- Publichna kadastrova karta Ukrayiny. [Public cadastral map of Ukraine]. Available at: https://map.land.gov.ua/?cc=4088709.401010252,6414115.173301586&z=13&l=atu,kadastr&bl=dzk_overview_test.
- Interaktyvna karta erodovanosti gruntiv Ukrayiny – SuperAgronom.com. [Interactive map of soil erosion of Ukraine]. Available at: https://superagronom.com/karty/erodovanist-gruntiv-ukrainy.
- Podatkovyi kodeks Ukrainy. [Tax Code of Ukraine]. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2755-17#n6750.
- Anopriienko, T. V. (2019). Modeli derzhavnoho rehulyuvannya provedennya hroshovoyi otsinky zemel silskohospodarskoho pryznachennya. [Models of State Regulation of Conducting a Monetary Evaluation of Agricultural Land]. Abstract of Ph.D.; Kharkiv National Agrarian University named after V. V. Dokuchayev, Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- Ofitsiynyy sayt Derzhavnoyi sluzhby Ukrayiny z pytan heodeziyi, kartohrafiyi ta kadastru. [Official site of the State Service of Ukraine for Geodesy, Cartography and Cadastre]. Available at: https://land.gov.ua/info/okhorona-zemel/
The article was received 25.09.2020