JEL classification: Q17
The article deals with the problem of directions development of export potential increase of the enterprises of grain branch in Ukraine. It is established that Ukraine is one of the ten largest grain producers in the world. In 2019/2020 MY, our country took the honorable 6th place in the world in terms of wheat production (29.171 million tons), and its share in the global production structure was 3.8%. During the same period, Ukraine produced 9.528 million tons of barley (6.1% of the global production structure), which is the fourth largest in the world. During the period studied, our country moved from sixth (2016/2017 MY) to fifth position (2019/2020 MY) in the ranking of the world’s largest producers of corn, and its share in the global production structure in 2019/2020 MY was 3.2% (35.887 million tons).
Research has shown that among the economic factors influencing the development of the grain market, the most important are: the level of openness of the national economy; conditions for business development; land reform and attracting financial resources to the industry by increasing its investment attractiveness, developing the credit system and improving government instruments for financial support of farmers. In the social area, the most important factors are salary and the development of social infrastructure. In the technological aspect, these are the issues of intensification of the grain industry, innovative development, accelerated development of organic farming.
The research results show that further intensification of grain production on an innovative basis should be carried out by equipping farms with modern tools, development of resource-saving technologies, improvement of land use, crop rotation, tillage, fertilization and chemical land reclamation, plant protection, breeding and seed production, support of grain market development.
It is established that for the adaptation of domestic agricultural enterprises-exporters of grain in the context of a comprehensive strategy for promotion to foreign markets, one of the most important components is the policy to assess the likely occurrence of threats at different economic levels – micro-level, meso-level, macro-level and mega-level. This will provide an opportunity to build a basis for building an effective strategy to level or at least minimize the risks that are characteristic for the vast majority of grain enterprises in foreign economic activity.
Key words: grain, grain industry, export, export potential, wheat, corn, barley, directions of export potential increase.
1. Voloshyn, R. (2009). «Methodology of grain competitiveness research». Metodolohiia doslidzhennia konkurentospromozhnosti zerna. Halyts’kyj ekonomichnyj visnyk, no. 1, pp. 174-180.
2. Zakharina, O. V. (2016). «Development of the grain market of Ukraine and its influence on the formation of the competitiveness of the national economy». Rozvytok rynku zerna Ukrainy ta joho vplyv na formuvannia konkurentospromozhnosti natsional’noi ekonomiky. Visnyk Zhmytomyrs’koho natsional’noho ahroekolohichnoho universytetu, no. 1 (54), vol. 2, pp. 95-109.
3. Marchenko, I.S. (2016). «Competitiveness of Ukraine’s economy: condition and perspectives». Konkurentospromozhnist’ ekonomiky Ukrainy: stan ta perspektyvy. Ekonomika ta derzhava, no. 5, pp. 86-90.
4. Marchenko, I.S. (2015). «The potential of foreign trade of the EU and Ukraine and its impact on the global competitiveness of countries». Potentsial zovnishn’oi torhivli krain EU ta Ukrainy ta joho vplyv na hlobal’nu konkurentospromozhnist’ krain. Naukovyj visnyk Khersons’koho derzhavnoho universytetu. Seriia «Ekonomichni nauky», no. 12, vol. 2, pp. 30-33.
5. Marchenko, I.S. (2014). «Factors of transformation of models of foreign economic activity of countries in the conditions of globalization». Chynnyky transformatsii modelej zovnishn’oekonomichnoi diial’nosti krain v umovakh hlobalizatsii. Biznes Inform, no. 7, pp. 44-49.
6. Shtrubenkhoff, Kh., Movchan, V., Burakovs’kyj, I. (2009). Polityka Ukrainy u sferi sil’s’koho hospodarstva, bioenerhetyky ta kharchovoi promyslovosti – doslidzhennia, vysnovky ta rekomendatsii. [Ukraine’s policy in the field of agriculture, bioenergy and food industry – research, conclusions and recommendations]. In Shtrubenkhoffa Kh., Movchan V., Burakovs’koho I. (ed.). Instytut ekonomichnykh doslidzhen’ ta politychnykh konsul’tatsij. Kyiv. Ukraine.
7. Stipakhno, V. I. (2010). «Grain market in Ukraine in the condition of financial crisis: condition, perspectives and problems». Rynok zerna v Ukraini v umovakh finansovoi kryzy: stan, perspektyvy ta problem. Visnyk Sums’koho natsional’noho ahrarnoho universytetu Seriia «Ekonomika ta menedzhment». Issue 6/2(42), pp. 42-48.
8. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Website. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua. 9. Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine. Website. Available at: https://www.me.gov.ua.
The article was received 05.03.2020