JEL classification: B20
The development of the economy of the Ukrainian SSR during the 1960s and 1980s was influenced by scientific and technological progress. Scientists from universities and the Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR played an important role in the formation of an efficient national economy. The theoretical basis and the formation of a powerful staff training were carried out by universities, among which an important place belonged to Kyiv University. There were 11 faculties in Taras Shevchenko Kyiv State University (classical research university), where 17 scientific schools were established and functioned during the research period. Fruitful work was carried out in the following scientific areas: ecological and geographical analysis, polymers and compositions with a special set of properties, modeling and optimization of information systems, development and transformation of economic systems, hydrochemistry and hydroecology, stochastic systems theory and ap-plied statistics and so on. The Kyiv Polytechnic Institute was another scientific benchmark. As part of the institute, strong scientific ties have been established with the enterprises of the national economy. With the participation of the institute, training, research and production associations were created (such as “Electronics”, “Cybernetics and Metrology”, “Hydraulic Drive”, etc.). During 1975-1986, the transfer of agreements on the use of best practices was increased, 3,158 developments were introduced into the national economy, and 267 economic contract works with almost 400 mil-lion rubles of economic effect were introduced. An important contribution to the scientific and technological development of the economy was made by the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. By developing fruitful cooperation with the manufacturing sector, the scientists of the Academy of Sciences managed to increase the extra-budgetary allocation, which sometimes reached half of the state funding. Scientists of the Academy of Sciences successfully conducted theoretical and experimental research in more than 200 scientific fields, made 18 discoveries in various fields of science (physics, chemistry, biology and hundreds of inventions in natural and technical sciences) in the mid-1980s. During the 1980s, scientific work was transferred into the plane of complex programs of scientific and technological progress. The results of scientific and technical development were of great economic importance and provided qualitative changes in the indicators of material consumption and material efficiency, capital intensity and capital efficiency, energy availability and energy supply, etc. Structural changes in the sectors of the economy have led to an increase in electricity costs for the production needs of food, forestry, oil and gas, paper and woodworking, light industry, chemical and mining complex. The formation of the chain “science – national economy” included training of scientific personnel and specialists in various fields, development of theoretical and basic research, practical implementation of scientific inventions, extension of best practices, development of technologies and industrial patterns by enterprises of national economy.
Keywords: economic development, scientific and technical development, scientific research, scientific-educational-industrial associations, economic thought, national economy, economy.
- Zubkov, R. S. (2014). Zahal’na kharakterystyka ta osoblyvosti rozvytku osnovnykh etapiv stanovlennia innovatsijnoi teorii. [General characteristics and features of the development of the main stages of innovation theory]. Efektyvna ekonomika. [Effective economy]. (electronic journal). no. 11. Available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=3532.
- Feschenko, V. M. (2016). «Modern economic theories: conceptual origins and evolution of content. Modern economic theories: history, methodology and prospects of development». Zbirnyk materialiv Vseukrains’koho kruhloho stolu [a collection of materials of the All-Ukrainian round table] (Kyiv, November 10, 2016). KNEU. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Telischuk, M. M., Telischuk, M. M. (2015). Istoriia ekonomiky ta ekonomichnoi dumky. [History of Economics and Economic Thought]. Vydavnytstvo Natsional’noho universytetu DPS Ukrainy, Irpin’. Ukraine.
- Nitsenko, V. S., Mazina, K. S., Tsukanov, O. Yu., Ostapenko, R. M. (2017). «Socio-economic imperatives of Ukraine». Visnyk KhNAU im. V.V. Dokuchaieva. Seriia «Ekonomichni nauky». No 4. pp. 41-58.
- Nitsenko, V. S., Sahajdak, M. P., Berezhna, Yu. H., Tsukanov, O. Yu. (2018). «Socio-economic imperatives of the state and development of the vegetable market: macroeconomic aspect». Aktual’ni problemy innovatsijnoi ekonomiky. No 4. pp. 5-17.
- Khrustal’ova, V. V. (2018). «Soviet economics through the prism of today». Rol’ ekonomichnoi nauky u suspil’nomu rozvytku: do 100-richchia NAN Ukrainy. [The role of economic science in social development: to the 100th anniversary of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine]. Proceeding of the Materials of the round table (Kyiv, November 22, 2018). Scientific edition of Doctor of Economics Nebrat VV / NAS of Ukraine, State Institution “Inst. and predicted. NAS of Ukraine”. Kyiv. Available at: http://ief.org.ua/docs/scc/9.pdf. S. 81-83.
- Maliarchuk O. M. (2016). «Light and food industry, local industry in the western region of the USSR in the days of “developed socialist society”». Hrani. No 2. pp. 75–80.
- Maliarchuk, O. (2017). «Chemical-mining complex of the western region of the Ukrainian SSR: history of formation». Naukovi zapysky Ternopil’s’koho natsional’noho pedahohichnoho universytetu im. Volodymyra Hnatiuka. Seriia. Istoriia. Issue. 1, Part 1. pp. 147-154.
- Maliarchuk, O., Hnyp, I., Davydovych, S., Kohut, O. (2019). «Industrialization of the western region of the Ukrainian SSR (on the example of Lviv and Ivano-Frankivsk regions)». Naukovi zapysky Ternopil’s’koho natsional’noho pedahohichnoho universytetu imeni V. Hnatiuka. Seriia. Istoriia., Issue 1. pp. 160–172.
- Mashtalir, R. M. (1977). «Research of publishing and printing complex as an economic system». Polihrafiia i vydavnycha sprava. No13. pp. 93-99.
- Pro vyznannia takymy, scho vtratyly chynnist’, deiakykh rishen’ Uriadu URSR z pytan’ Vystavky dosiahnen’ narodnoho hospodarstva URSR: Postanova Rady Ministriv Ukrains’koi RSR. (1991). [On recognizing as invalid some decisions of the Government of the USSR on the Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy of the USSR: Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR] No 4. dated January 8, 1991. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/4-91-p#Text.
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Scientific schools. Available at: https://science.knu.ua/upload/new,new%20scools.pdf.
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. History. Available at: http://www.univ.kiev.ua/ua/geninf/history/#2-4.
- Zghurovs’kyj, M. Z. (1995). Narys istorii: Kyivs’kyj Politekhnichnyj instytut. [Essay on history: Kyiv Polytechnic Institute]. In M. Z. Zghurovs’koho. Kyivs’kyj politekhnichnyj instytut. Available at: https://kpi.ua/history-essay-1995.
- Shpak, A. P., Yurkova, O. V. (2010). Natsional’na akademiia nauk Ukrainy. Entsyklopediia istorii Ukrainy. [National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Encyclopedia of the History of Ukraine]. Vol. 7: Mi-O. Redkol.: V. A. Smolij (holova) ta in. NAN Ukrainy. Instytut istorii Ukrainy. K.: V-vo “Naukova dumka”, Available at: http://www.history.org.ua/?termin=Natsionalna_akademiia.
- Malits’kyj, B. A. (2018). «National Academy of Sciences: the phenomenon of statehood and the creator of new knowledge». Nauka ta naukoznavstvo. No 4. pp. 3-32.
- Pro rozvytok naukovykh doslidzhen’ ta rozshyrennia vprovadzhennia dosiahnen’ nauky i tekhniky, spriamovanykh na znyzhennia materialomistkosti v budivnytstvi: Postanova Rady ministriv Ukrains’koi RSR. (1985). [On the development of scientific research and the expansion of the implementation of advances in science and technology aimed at reducing material consumption in construction: Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR] №15. dated January 14, 1985. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/15-85-p#Text.
- Pro zakhody po vykonanniu postanovy TsK KPRS vid 9 serpnia 1985 r. pro dodatkovi rezervy zbil’shennia vyrobnytstva m’iasa: Postanova Tsentral’noho komitetu Kompartii Ukrainy i Rady ministriv Ukrains’koi RSR. (1985). [On measures to implement the resolution of the Central Committee of the CPSU of August 9, 1985 on additional reserves to increase meat production: Resolution of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Ukraine and the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR]. No 341. dated September10, 1985. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/341-85-p#Text. (tut druhoe)
- Pro deiaki zakhody po zabezpechenniu svoiechasnoho vvedennia v diiu ob’iektiv, scho sporudzhuiut’sia na bazi importnoho ustatkuvannia, i pro udoskonalennia poriadku joho kredytuvannia: Postanova Rady ministriv Ukrains’koi RSR. (1977). [On some measures to ensure the timely commissioning of facilities under construction on the basis of imported equipment, and to improve the procedure for its lending: Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR]. No 251. dated April 29, 1977. Available at: http://search.ligazakon.ua/l_doc2.nsf/link1/KP770251.html.
- Pro zakhody po vdoskonalenniu orhanizatsii bukhhalters’koho obliku i pidvyschenniu joho roli v ratsional’nomu ta ekonomnomu vykorystanni material’nykh, trudovykh i finansovykh resursiv: Postanova Rady ministriv Ukrains’koi RSR. (1980). [On measures to improve the organization of accounting and increase its role in the rational and economical use of material, labor and financial resources: Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR]. No 333. dated May 15, 1980. Available at: https://ips.ligazakon.net/document/KP800333?an=2.
- Pro zakhody po zbil’shenniu vyrobnytstva, rozshyrenniu asortymentu i polipshenniu iakosti mebliv v odynadtsiatij p’iatyrichtsi na pidpryiemstvakh Ministerstva lisovoi i derevoobrobnoi promyslovosti URSR: Postanova Rady ministriv Ukrains’koi RSR. (1982). [On measures to increase production, expand the range and improve the quality of furniture in the Eleventh Five-Year Plan at the enterprises of the Ministry of Forestry and Wood Industry of the USSR: Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR]. No 27. January 18, 1982 Available at: https://ips.ligazakon.net/document/view/kp820027?an=2&ed=1982_01_18.
The article was received 16.06.2021