Introduction. The article investigates modern trends in the development of rural areas in Ukraine. The peculiarities of rural development in the conditions of decentralization reform in the country are being studied in order to create effective local self-government and territorial organization of power for creating and maintaining a healthy living environment for citizens, providing high-quality and affordable public services, establishing institutions of direct democracy, harmonizing the interests of the state and territorial communities. Possible scenarios of the development of events and their impact on the formation of rural areas are revealed.
The purpose of the article is coverage and substantiation of issues related to the development of rural areas in the context of decentralization reforms in the country.
Results. The decentralization reform has a direct bearing on the development and optimal use of the resource potential of rural areas. In modern conditions, the organization of the rural territory development requires the improvement of the system of solving a set of problems in the areas of distribution of central and local authorities functions in the rural region management model, development of local self-government and community of the village; effective forms construction of the agrarian sector management; analysis of the rural development potential using etc.
Conclusions. The decentralization reform actualizes the task of optimally choosing the economic activity of a separate region, shaping the socioeconomic landscape in line with a set of regional factors of production that are in surplus (as compared to other regions). Local communities and their self-governing bodies have both new opportunities and new responsibilities. It becomes clear that the level of well-being of members of territorial communities depends not only on the availability of resources, but also on how to use them fully and effectively. In turn, the latter depends on the passionarity level of the rural areas inhabitants and the qualitative management characteristics of their representatives in local self-government bodies, the willingness of local businesses representatives to enter into partnerships with each other and local self-government bodies, to assume a part of responsibility for the support and development of such a social infrastructure level in the village that would meet the needs of local residents in basic domestic needs, would be an incentive to live active population in rural areas.
Key words: rural territories, resource potential, regional development, rural development, sphere of agrarian production.
- Ostrovs`ky`j, I. A. and Garmash, S. (2017). «Decentralization as a strategic direction of the development of the Ukrainian economy». Ekonomiko-pravovi aspekty` derzhavno-pry`vatnogo partnerstva v umovax decentralizaciyi ekonomiky` Ukrayiny`. [Economic and legal aspects of public-private partnership in the conditions of decentralization of the economy of Ukraine]. Proceeding of Internet conference of KhNUMG them. O. M. Beketov. Available at: http://ojs.kname.edu.ua/index.php/area/article/view/1512
- Maly`novs`ky`j, (2010). «Approaches to the organization of power at the primary level of public administration of Ukraine». Visny`k nacional`noyi akademiyi derzhavnogo upravlinnya pry` Prezy`dentovi Ukrayiny`. no. 3. pp. 169-177.
- Pro sxvalennya Koncepciyi reformuvannya miscevogo samovryaduvannya ta tery`torial`noyi organizaciyi vlady` v Ukrayini. Rozporyadzhennya Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrayiny`. (2014). [On Approving the Concept of Reforming Local Self-Government and Territorial Organization of Power in Ukraine. Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine]. No. 333-r dated10.1014. Oficijny`j visny`k Ukrayiny`. no. 30. P. 18.
- Pro spivrobitny`cztvo tery`torial`ny`x gromad. Zakon Ukrayiny`. (2014). [On Cooperation of Territorial Communities. Law of Ukraine]. No. 1508-VII dated06.2014r. Vidomosti Verxovnoyi rady` Ukrayiny`. No. 34. P. 1167.
- Pro dobrovil`ne ob’yednannya tery`torial`ny`x gromad. Zakon Ukrayiny`. (2014). [On voluntary association of territorial communities. Law of Ukraine]. No. 157-VIII dated02.2015. Vidomosti Verxovnoyi rady` Ukrayiny`. no. 13. P. 91.
- Stoyanecz`, V. (2014). «Typologizatsiya regions as a tool for the forecasting process». Ekonomika APK. No. 12. pp. 21-28.
- My`ronenko, Yu. (2011). «Theoretical foundations of regional development management». Derzhavne upravlinnya ta misceve samovryaduvannya. Issue 1(8). pp. 204-207.
- Diyesperov, V. S. (2015). «Rural communities and administrative-territorial reform». Ekonomika APK. no. 1. pp. 56-63.
- Lagodiyenko, V. V. and Bodnar, O. A. (2012). «Influence of socio-economic development of the village on the living standards of the rural population of the region». Ekonomist. no. 2. pp. 50-51. URL: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/econ_2012_2_18.
- Gubeni, Yu. E. and Koverko, Yu. A. (017). «Development of private peasant farms under conditions of administrative decentralization». Ekonomika APK. no. 1. pp. 68-73.
- Vojty`k, O. (2017). «Features of public administration in regional development: theoretical aspects». Derzhavne upravlinnya ta misceve samovryaduvannya. Issue 1 (32). pp. 21-26.
- Moroz, O. O. and Semczov, V. M. (2012). «Local Self-Government in Ukraine: Constraint Factors». Ekonomika APK. no. 3. pp. 23-29.
- Vovk, I. S. (2011). «The role of budgetary federalism in regulation of socio-economic development of regions». Ekonomika APK. no. 4. pp. 65-70.
- Bulavka, O. G. and Stavny`cha, L. A. (2014). «Local budgets are the basis for the development of rural communities». Ekonomika APK. no. 7. pp. 127-132.
- Kropy`vko, M. F. and Ksenofontov, M. , Xmil`, N. V. (2015). «Directions of improvement of state management of agrarian sector in conditions of decentralization of power and deregulation of economic activity». Ekonomika APK. no. 3. pp. 5-14.
- Maly`novs`ky`j, A. S. and Pidgorodecz`ky`j, D. O. (2012). «The Role of Community Initiatives in the Development of Rural Areas». Ekonomika APK. no. 9. pp. 70-76.
- Zhuk, V. M. (2017). «Informal institutes of the peasantry in the modeling of reforms and agrarian policy: theory and practice». Ekonomika APK. no. 9. pp. 5-18.
- Kal`na-Dubinyuk, T. P. and Beschastna, M. V. (2015). «Social partnership in rural areas using the potential of advisory services». Ekonomika APK. no. 7. pp. 71-76.
- Malik, M. J. and Zaburanna, L. V. (2017). «Development of rural territories in conditions of decentralization of power». Ekonomika APK. no. 7. pp. 5-14.
- Lupenko, Yu. O. (2017). «Status and perspectives of sustainable development of rural territories». Ekonomika APK. no. 6. pp. 7-10.
- Mudrak, R. P. and Lagodiyenko, V. V., Lagodiyenko, N. V. (2018). «The Influence of Total Costs on the Volumes of National Production». Ekonomichny`j chasopy`s – XXI.172 (7-8). pp. 44-50.
- Porter, M. (1997). Strategiya konkurenciyi: metody`ka analizu galuzej i diyal`nosti konkurentiv. [Competition Strategy: A methodology for analyzing the industries and activities of competitors]. Translated by Olijny`ka, A. and Skil`s`kogo, R. Osnovy`. Kyiv.
- Muzy`chuk, M. M. (2014). «The role of cluster formations in the development of the domestic agrarian economy». Ekonomika APK. no. 1. pp. 142-145.
- Bozhy`darnik, T. V. (2011). «Cluster approach as a powerful tool for stimulating agricultural development». Ekonomika APK. no. 11. pp. 133-138.
- Kropy`vko, M. F. (2014). «Organization and planning of integrated development of agro-industrial production and rural territories in conditions of decentralization of power». Ekonomika APK. no. 7. pp. 109-121.
- Kropy`vko, M. F. (2013). «Increasing the competitiveness and social orientation of agro-industrial production on the basis of the development of cluster systems». Ekonomika APK. no. 3. pp. 3-15.
- Mudrak, R. P. and Lagodiyenko, V. V. (2018). «Agroinflation and consumer price index for food products: comparative analysis «Ukraine-EU». Ekonomika Ukrayiny`. 1 (674).
- Uzhva, A. M. (2016). «Clusterization as an Effective Tool for Managing the Development of a Regional Agrarian Business». Naukovy`j visny`k Xersons`kogo derzhavnogo universy`tetu. Seriya «Ekonomichni nauky`». Issue 19. Part 2. pp. 110-113.
The article was received 15.11.2018