JEL classification: E22; O13
The article discusses current trends, threats, problems and factors in the investment potential development of the agri-food sector of the Black Sea region of Ukraine, the formation of which will promote the achievement of the strategic goals of Ukraine by 2030. The aim of the study is to summarize the practical experience of attracting investments, implementing investment projects, creating a favorable investment climate in the agri-food sector and developing the investment potential of the agricultural sector of the Black Sea region in the conditions of Ukrainian economy transformation. Strategic directions for the investment potential development under the conditions of decentralization of the Ukrainian economy are substantiated to ensure sustainable development of the agri-food sector and food security of the Black Sea region of Ukraine. The practical experience of attracting investments, implementing investment projects, creating a favorable investment climate in the agri-food sector and developing the investment potential of the agri-food sector of the Black Sea region under the conditions of the Ukrainian economy transformation is summarized. One of the main anti-crises measures by which it is possible to solve the problems of the agri-food sector is the implementation of innovations. An innovative investment project for the production of meat, fodder flour and other products from the Black Sea clam Rapana Venosa, developed by the scientists of the Odessa National Academy of Food Technologies, is presented. The influence of the proposed project on the investment potential development of the Black Sea region of Ukraine is substantiated. Implementation of the innovative-investment project proposed by the authors will allow the region to develop the infrastructure of the agro-food market, reduce the agro-ecological imbalances, promote the efficient use of the region’s bioresources, will not damage the ecology, will allow the government to cooperate with large agroholdings, small enterprises and households, attract investment and advanced technologies, allow the region to enter the international agro-food market, will lead to the rural areas development and improve the living standards of rural residents of the Black Sea region of Ukraine. The factors influence on the investment potential development of the region agro-food sector is substantiated. It is determined how the implementation of the innovation project proposed by the authors will contribute to solving problems of the investment potential development of the agro-food sector.
Key words: agri-food sector, stable development, investment potential, Black Sea region of Ukraine, innovation and investment project, food and processing industry, fodder flour, black sea rye.
- Istorychnyi novyi Poriadok dennyi u haluzi staloho rozvytku odnostaino pryiniatyi 193 derzhavamy-chlenamy OON (2015). New York. [The historic new Sustainable Development Agenda was unanimously adopted by 193 UN Member States. New York, September 25, 2015]. Available at: http://www.un.org.ua/ua/informatsiinyi-tsentr/news/3579-2015-09-28-12-06-08-istorichniy-noviy-poryadok-den.
- Tsili staloho rozvytku: Ukraina. Natsionalna dopovid. (2017). [Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine]. Available at: http://www.un.org.ua/images/ SDGs_NationalReportUA_Web_1.pdf.
- Pro Tsili staloho rozvytku Ukrainy na period do 2030 roku. [On the Sustainable Development Goals of Ukraine until 2030: Presidential Decree]. № 722/2019 dated 30.09.2019. Available at: https://www.president.gov.ua/ documents/7222019-29825.
- UKRAINA 2030: Doktryna zbalansovanoho rozvytku. [UKRAINE 2030: The Doctrine of Balanced Development]. [In Zhylinska, O., Melnychuk, O. (ed.), Antoniuk L., Humenna O., Radchuk A.] (2017). Kalvariia. Lviv. Ukraine.
- Lukinov, I.I. (2007). Ahropromyslova polityka u makrostrukturnykh priorytetakh. [Agro-industrial policy in macrostructural priorities]. Selected works: in 2 books.: NNTs IAE, Kyiv. Book 1, pp. 247–256.
- Mudrak R., Nyzhnyk I., Lagodiienko V., Lagodiienko N. (2019). Impact of seasonal production on the dynamics of prices for meat and dairy products in Ukraine. TEM Journal. Vol.8, No .4, p. 1159–1168.
- Sabluk, P. T. (2002). «The main provisions of the new economic paradigm of national food security of Ukraine in the XXI century». Ekonomika Ukrainy. №5 (478), pp. 54–61.
- Sabluk, P. T., Kodenska, M. Yu. (2012). Kontseptualni zasady rozrobky i realizatsii investytsiinykh prohram v ahrarno-promyslovomu vyrobnytstvi. [Conceptual principles of development and implementation of investment programs in agrarian and industrial production]. NNC IAE. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Osypov, P. V. (2004). Intehralnyj proizvodstvennyi potentsyal pishchevoj promyshlennosti. [Osipov Integrated production potential of the food industry].: IPREEI NAN Ukrainy. Odessa. Ukraine.
- Naukovi zasady rozrobky stratehii staloho rozvytku. [Scientific principles of sustainable development strategy development]. (2012) [Burkynskyi, B. V. and others]. IPREED NAN Ukrainy. Odessa. Ukraine.
- Ahrarnyi i silskyi rozvytok dlia zrostannia ta onovlennia ukrainskoi ekonomiky: naukova dopovid. [Agrarian and rural development for growth and renewal of the Ukrainian economy: scientific report]. (2018) [In Borodinoi, O. M., Shubravskoi, O. V. (ed.)]. DU «Institute ekonimiky ta prohnozuvannya NAN Ukrainy». Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Kvasha, S. M. (2013). «Methodological basis of public decision making in agrarian policy». Ekonomika APK. № 8, pp. 12–23.
- Lagodiienko, V. V., Chaikovska, M. A., Lagodiienko, V. V. (2018) «Sustainable Development of the Agro-Food Sphere of the Black Sea Region». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. Vol. 3. № 3, pp. 93–101.
- Sotsialno-ekonomichnyi rozvytok Ukrainskoho Prychornomoria: vyklyky i mozhlyvosti. [Socio-economic development of the Ukrainian Black Sea coast: challenges and oppor-tunities]. (2012) [Burkynskyi, B. V. and other]. IPREED NAN Ukrainy. Odessa. Ukraine.
- Lopatynskyi, Yu. M., Todoriuk, S. I. Determinanty staloho rozvytku ahrarnykh pidpryiemstv. [Determinants of sustainable development of agricultural enterprises]. ChNU. Chernivtsi. Ukraine.
The article was received 19.07.2019