JEL classification: M12
Introduction. The article presents theoretical generalizations of improving the organizational mechanisms of human resources development by disclosing the content of the concept of human resources in public administration, which reflect the use of modern approaches and tools that can significantly improve the quality and efficiency of public administration decisions for Ukrainian society.
The purpose of the study is to analyze the theoretical provisions and develop practical recommendations for improving the development of human resources of the public service body.
Results. The creation of a new public administration system, based on effective professional activity of personnel holding public office positions, will be an important factor in Ukraine’s development as a developed legal European state with a high standard of living, social stability, culture and democracy. Only the implementation of a set of systemic transformations will make it possible to improve the quality of public service, its efficiency and effectiveness, and most importantly, to approach European standards. The main problems of personnel policy of the civil service in Ukraine, the priorities of improving the work of civil servants and the directions of their implementation are highlighted. The urgent need to change the management paradigm in the field of state personnel policy, to develop a model of a sustainable, efficient personnel system, the introduction of new personnel technologies is substantiated. Ways to improve the organizational development of human resources of the public service body are proposed.
Conclusions. It is concluded that the improvement of the human resources potential of the public service is a complex problem that requires the organization of a system of work to improve its efficiency. When building a new model, it is necessary to take into account the processes of forming the core of the staff in a particular institution or organization, adequate and effective adaptation of the employee in the position, the formation of approaches to mandatory effective development of public service personnel, control and elimination of shortcomings related to staff turnover. shortcomings of current legislation.
Key words: personnel potential, priority, public administration, society, mechanisms.
- Pro derzhavnu sluzhbu Zakon Ukrainy (2015). [About the civil service The Law of Ukraine]. 889/2015 dated December 12, 2015 No. 5/2015 dated January 12, 2015. http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/889-19.
- Bohomolova K.S. and Hatsko A.F. (2018) “Legal bases of forming the image of a civil servant”. Visnyk Kharkivskoho natsionalnoho tekhnichnoho universytetu silskoho hospodarstva im. P. Vasylenka. Ekonomichni nauky. Issue 174, рр. 117-128.
- Aver”yanov V.B. (2003) Derzhavne upravlinnya : Yevropeys’ki standarty, dosvid ta administratyvne pravo [Public administration: European standards, experience and administrative law.] Ukraine.
- Mel’nyk A.F., Obolens’kyi O.Iu., Vasina A.Iu., Hordiienko L.Iu. (2003). Derzhavne upravlinnia [Public administration ]. Znannia-Pres, Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Malynovs’kyi V.Ia. (2003) Funktsiia motyvatsii upravlinskoi pratsi [Function of the motivation of management work]. Vyd-vo UADU, Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Poliuha Z. (2005) Kadrova polityka orhaniv derzhavnoi vlady ta mistsevoho samovriaduvannia v konteksti yevroatlantychnoi intehratsii [Personnel policy of state authorities and local self-government in the context of Euro-Atlantic integration]. Vyd-vo LRIDU NADU, Lviv. Ukraine.
- Nyzhnyk N.R., Dubenko S.D., Mel’nychenko V.I., Plakhotniuk N.H., Mosov S.P., Krupchan O.D. (2002). Derzhavne upravlinnia v Ukraini: orhanizatsiino-pravovi zasady [Public Administration in Ukraine: legal framework]. UADU Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Malynovs’kyy V.Ya. (2009) Derzhavne upravlinnya: [Public Administration].(3d ed.). Atika, Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Mel’tyukhova N.M. (2010) Derzhavne upravlinnya yak yednist’ diyal’nosti ta vidnosyn [Public administration as a unity of activity and relations]. KharRI NADU «Mahistr» Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- Sharaia A.A. (2017). Pryntsypy derzhavnoi sluzhby za zakonodavstvom Ukrainy [Principles of civil service under the law of Ukraine]. Yurydychnyi naukovyi (elektronnyi zhurnal). 5. Available at: http://lsej.org.ua/5_2017/32.pdf.
- Borodina Ye.I., LohvinovaV.H., Mel’nykova O.F., Shevchuka P.I. (2004). Osnovy profesiinoi pidhotovky derzhavnykh sluzhbovtsiv [Fundamentals of civil service professional training]. KharRI NADU «Mahistr» Ukraine.
- Podol’ska O.V., Oberemok V.V. (2018). “Motivation and stimulation of the personnel at the enterprises”. Ukrainskyi zhurnal prykladnoi ekonomiky. no 3, pp. 62-67.
- Podol’ska O.V., Oberemok V.V. (2018). “Directions for improving the efficiency of personnel management in enterprises”. Visnyk Kharkivs’koho natsional’noho tekhnichnoho universytetu sils’koho hospodarstva imeni Petra Vasylenka: Ekonomichni nauk. Issue 193, pp.284-290.
- Podol’ska O.V., Oberemok V.V. (2019). “The process of staff adaptation at the enterprise”. Visnyk Kharkivs’koho natsional’noho tekhnichnoho universytetu sils’koho hospodarstva imeni Petra Vasylenka: Ekonomichni nauk. Issue 200, pp.283-291.
- Podol’ska O.V., Bohomolova K.S. (2018). “Organizational mechanisms for improving the system of motivation of public administration officials”. Visnyk Kharkivs’koho natsional’noho tekhnichnoho universytetu sils’koho hospodarstva imeni Petra Vasylenka: Ekonomichni nauk. Issue 191, pp. 171-178.
- Spivak V.V. (2012). “Motivation as a means of effective management of enterprise personnel”. Visnyk Khmel’nytskoho natsional’noho universytetu. Ekonomichni nauky. no6, pp. 178-181.
- Bozeman B., Straussman J. D. Public Management Strategies. – San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2000.
- Caiden G. The Dynamics of Public Administration. – Hinsdale: Dryden Press, 2001.
The article was received 05.07.2020