JEL classification: E22; F01; F02; O00; J00
The experience of developing the digital economy in Ukraine shows a progressive result, exacerbated by the influence of global factors (Russia’s war against Ukraine, the coronavirus pandemic, integration, etc.). The development of the digital economy is closely interconnected with the development of society itself. Expanding the implementation of the digital economy leads to deepening society’s knowledge of digital tools, including E-commerce, Internet banking, electronic marketing and data exchange, digital business operations, and others. Therefore, identifying relevant trends, and social determinants of the development of the digital economy and society, considering risks by modern conditions, is quite relevant. The article’s purpose is to research trends and social determinants of the development of the digital economy and society, considering the risks that accompany them. The analysis of the trends and social determinants of the development of the digital economy and society was carried out, considering the risks accompanying them. It was emphasized that the digital economy is progressively developing in Ukraine using the Internet, social networks, online video, e-mails, and smartphones of older people. Significant demand for e-commerce, taxes submitted in electronic form, and payments through Internet banking, which form the prerequisites for successful digitalization of the economy, have been identified. It was determined that the formation of state regulation and influence using foreign experience based on stimulation and financing tools is promising for developing the digital economy. It is essential in the process of digital development of the economy to ensure the development of hard and soft digital infrastructure (information and telecommunications, computing, virtualization and data storage, cyber security, blockchain, interoperability, identification and trust, electronic payments and transactions, open data in the life support system, etc.). The main segments of the digital economy (electronic logistics, trade, marketing, banking, insurance, procurement, education, medical insurance, etc.) that are in demand among consumers are revealed. It was emphasized that it is necessary to create appropriate information support to use the relevant segments of the digital economy in Ukrainian society. This will increase the popularity of segments of the digital economy in society.
Keywords: digital economy, society, trends, risks, social determinants, infrastructure.
- Here is a portrait of a Ukrainian freelancer in 2022. (2022). Available at: https://www.the-village.com.ua/village/business/news/329165-os-portret-ukrayinskogo-frilansera-u-2022-rotsi-vid-freelancehunt
- Litorovych, O. V. (2020). «Freelance market analysis in Ukrain». Visnyk Natsional’noho universytetu «L’vivs’ka politekhnika». Seriia: Problemy ekonomiky ta upravlinnia. no. Vol. 4, рр. 43–53.
- Kramarenko, I. S., Shyrokov, M. A., Nikon, D. Ye., and Bilous O. A. (2018). «The role of investment potential in the context of food security». Visnyk KhNAU im. V.V. Dokuchaieva. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky. no. 3, рр. 433–444.
- Pro skhvalennia Kontseptsii rozvytku tsyfrovoi ekonomiky ta suspil’stva Ukrainy na 2018-2020 roky ta zatverdzhennia planu zakhodiv schodo ii realizatsii: Rozporiadzhennia KMU. (2018). [On the approval of the Concept for the Development of the Digital Economy and Society of Ukraine for 2018-2020 and the approval of the plan of measures for its implementation: Decree of the CMU]. No. 67-r. dated January 17, 2018. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/67-2018-%D1%80#n13
- Kramarenko, I. S., Sienkevych, O. F., Andriuschenko, Ye. H., Prokopenk, N. O., and Kl’ots, Yu. Yu. (2019). «Peculiarities of investment potential formation: regional and national aspect». Visnyk KhNAU im. V.V. Dokuchaieva. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky. no. 3, рр. 343–356.
- Demchyshak, N. B., and Radyk, V. V. (2020). «Development of digital infrastructure and blockchain technologies in Ukraine». INNOVATsIJNA EKONOMIKA. no. 3-4 (83), рр. 188–194. DOI: https://doi.org/10.37332/2309-1533.2020.3-4.27
- Pustovarov, A. I. (2019). «Institutional support of the process of digital transformation of the management of the development of the national economy». Naukovyj visnyk Uzhhorods’koho natsional’noho universytetu. Issue Part 1, рр. 164–169.
- Irtyscheva, I. O. (2011). «Factoring as a direction of strategic development of financial support of the agro-food sector». Visnyk KhNAU im. V.V. Dokuchaieva. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky. no. 8, рр.16–21.
- Vishnevskaya, O., Irtyshcheva, I., Kramarenko, I., and Popadynets, N. (2022). «The Influence of Globalization Processes on Forecasting the Activities of Market Entities». Journal of Optimization in Industrial Engineering. 15. Issue 1. Winter & Spring, рр. 261–268.
- Kotelevets’, D. O. (2022). «State regulation of the development of the infrastructure of the digital economy: essence and features of implementation». Problemy suchasnykh transformatsij. Seriia: ekonomika ta upravlinnia. no. DOI: https://doi.org/10.54929/2786-5738-2022-3-03-02
- Irtyshcheva, I., Pavlenko, O., Boiko, Y., Stehnei, M., Kramarenko, I., Hryshyna, N., and Ishchenko, O. (2022). «Еvaluation of efficiency of regional public governance in the context of achieving goals of sustainable development». Management Theory and Studies for Rural Business and Infrastructure Development. 44. Issue 4, рр. 497–505.
- Shtets’, T. F. (2019). «Global experience of implementing mechanisms of state regulation of the development of the digital economy sector». Vcheni zapysky Universytetu «KROK». Seriia: Ekonomika. no. 1 (53), рр. 84–89. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Vzuk_2019_1_12
- Pustovarov, A. I. (2020). «Foreign experience of digital transformation of managing the development of the national economy». Prychornomors’ki ekonomichni studii. Issue 51, рр. 261–267.
- Bilozubenko, V. S., and Horodnyts’kyj R. O. (2021). «Digital economy as an environment for the development of innovative activities of small enterprises». Problemy ekonomiky. no. 2 (48), рр. 103–110.
- Chukhraieva, N., and Kovtun, V. (2019). Implementation of the principles of regulation – the digital economy of Ukraine. Available at: https://ndipzir.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/2019/Ryha_09.10.19/Ryha_09.10.19_28.pdf
The article was received 03.12.2022