УДК 331.109.6 (045)
JEL classification: D74; D90; M19
Introduction. Business environment functions according to peculiar laws and rules. That constantly accompanied by commercial risks, setbacks and a variety of conflicts. Failure to resolve and exacerbate conflicts in the business environment threatens to cause unforeseen losses of expected profits, cash or property, bankruptcy, debt growth and more. Therefore, the threat of adverse effects of commercial conflicts, the issue of implementation and development of business mediation is relevant as a rapid method of conflict resolution on terms of mutual agreement of the parties’ interests in view of the lengthy terms of court proceedings.
The purpose of the article is to scientifically substantiate the approach to systematization and prioritization of factors of business mediation development in the current conditions of economic development of Ukraine as a method of successful non-judicial settlement of commercial conflicts.
Results. In September 2019, 326 senior and middle managers of Ukrainian companies have surveyed to identify key factors for the development of mediation in the business environment in Ukraine in order to resolve commercial conflicts. It is established that business representatives need immediate practical implementation of business mediation, but at the same time, there is low awareness of Ukrainian entrepreneurs about the existence of a mediation institute, its principles and the procedure for conducting it. Using the principal component method (factor analysis), the factors component composition of business mediation development in modern conditions of Ukrainian economy development has been determined. The hierarchical structure of factors for the business mediation development as an effective institution for resolving commercial conflicts has been determined by calculating the variance percentage. It is determined that the factors of business mediation development are formed by 32,4 % of the potential level by calculating the integral indicator.
Conclusions. The following system of key factors of business mediation development in modern conditions has been determined on the empirical research basis: the factor of institutional development; education factor; psychological factor and efficiency factor. The most destructive influence on the business mediation development is played by the retarded factors of institutional development and education. These research results can be used in the state strategy setting of business mediation development in Ukraine. The identified system of factors can serve as a guideline for the introduction of the necessary state measures for the non-judicial settlement development of commercial conflicts in the business environment in Ukraine, and determining the priority of their implementation.
Keywords: business mediation, business environment, commercial conflicts, factors of development, non-judicial conflict resolution.
- Status of the case. The Judiciary of Ukraine. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://court.gov.ua/fair/
- Judicial reform through the eyes of citizens: what can have a positive impact on confidence in court? Center for Political and Legal Reform. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://pravo.org.ua/ua/news/20873806-sudova-reforma-ochima-gromadyan-scho-mogee-pozitivno-vplinuti-na-doviru-do-sudu
- Three New Guides on Commercial Mediation: Good for Debt Resolution, Good for Governance. The World Bank Group. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2017/11/21/three-new-guides-on-commercial-mediation
- Doing Business 2019. Training for Reform. A World Bank Group Flagship Report. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://www.doingbusiness.org/content/dam/doingBusiness/media/Annual-Reports/English/DB2019-report_web-version.pdf
- Radulescu, D. M. (2012). «Mediation–An Alternative way to Solve Conflicts in the International Business Environment». Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences. Vol. 62, рр. 290-293.
- Agapiou, A. (2015). «The factors influencing mediation referral practices and barriers to its adoption: A survey of construction lawyers in England and Wales». International Journal of Law in the Built Environment. Vol. 7 (3), рр. 231-247.
- Mediation essentials (English). Mediation series. (2017). World Bank Group. Washington. USA. Available at: http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/153761503566770915/Mediation-essentials.
- Nadja, A. and Felix, S. (2017). Making mediation law (English). Mediation series. World Bank Group. Washington. USA. Available at: http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/899611503551941578/Making-mediation-law
- Tsyvil’nyj protsesual’nyj kodeks Ukrainy. Zakon Ukrayiny. (2004). [The Civil Procedural Code of Ukraine. The Law of Ukraine]. No. 1618-IV dated March 18, 2004. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1618-15
- Hospodars’kyj protsesual’nyj kodeks Ukrainy. Zakon Ukrayiny. (1991). [Commercial and Procedural Code of Ukraine. The Law of Ukraine]. No. 1798-XII dated November 6, 1991. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1798-12
- Karmaza, O. (2017). «Mediation Institute: basic concepts of development». Tsyvil’ne pravo i protses. no. 2, рр. 24-28.
- Kozak, V. (2019). Chy stane mediatsiia efektyvnoiu ta zatrebuvanoiu al’ternatyvoiu sudovomu vyrishenniu sporiv. [Will mediation become an effective and sought-after alternative to litigation]. Zakon i biznes. [Law and business]. Available at: https://zib.com.ua/ua/139131-chi_stane_mediaciya_efektivnoyu_alternativoyu_sudovomu_viris.html
- Dubina, I. N. (2006). Matematicheskie osnovy jempiricheskih social’no-jekonomicheskih issledovanij. [Mathematical Foundations of Empirical Socio-Economic Research]. Izd-vo Alt. un-ta. Barnaul. Russia.
- Menke, W. (2018). Factor Analysis. Geophysical Data Analysis (Fourth Edition). Academic Press. New York. USA, рр. 207-222.
The article was received 05.10.2019