In this work, the attempt is made to investigate the deformation types of the bearing surfaces, they have a surface made of a material such as rubber, which is lubricated with water. Rubber bearings are successfully used in cases where the friction unit must be in water or another liquid medium. Along with performing their direct functions, rubber bearings can dampen vibration, noise and some shaft misalignments. The essential feature of bearings with a surface made of materials such as rubber is the unusually low elasticity modulus of the rubber coating, which is tens of thousands of times less than the elasticity modulus of metal surfaces. Water, as a lubricant, also differs from mineral oils in much less dynamic viscosity and has a slightly higher heat capacity and thermal conductivity. The significantly lower ability of water to create thin and strong adsorbed layers on the rubbing surfaces, which depend on the nature of the lubricant, surfaces and the nature of the interaction of oil molecules and a solid. The low dynamic viscosity of water does not allow, under normal operating conditions, hydrodynamic bearings to provide the required minimum thickness of the lubricating layer, which makes it possible to compensate with a margin for possible errors in manufacturing, installation, force and temperature deformations. By the joint solution of the equations of hydrodynamics and equations of the theory of elasticity, taking into account the incompressibility of rubber, certain forms of deformed working surfaces in plain bearings with a working surface made of a material such as rubber were considered. This makes it possible to solve the problems of determining the volumetric deformation of the bearing, assessing the total displacements of the shaft and determining the loads that fall on individual bearing support parts. As a theoretical basis, Newton’s second law and the law of conservation of mass are used. Methods of the theory of elasticity are used to assess the deformations of elastic surfaces. When rubber is loaded, there are three types of deformations: elastic, highly elastic and viscous. Under repeated loading, good repeatability of the deformation values is observed.
Key words: rubber-metal bearing, water lubrication, forms of deformed working surfaces, theory of elasticity.
- Pieper, H. Untersuchungen an wassergeschmierten Weichgummi – Gleitlagern. Konstruktion, 1970. Heft 5, № 22. Р. 179–187.
- Kodnir, D.S., Zhilnikov, E.P., Baiborodov, Yu.I. (1988). Jelastogidrodinamicheskij raschet detalej mashin. [Elastohydrodynamic calculation of machine parts]. Mashinostroenie. Moscow. Russia.
- Davydov, A.P. (1968). Rezinovye podshipniki v mashinostroenii. [Rubber bearings in mechanical engineering]. Mashinostroenie. St. Petersburg. Russia.
- Svirgun, O.A. (2004). «Methods for calculating the optimal shapes of the working surfaces of rubber plain bearings, lubricated with water». Visnyk Kharkivs’koho derzhavnoho tekhnichnoho universytetu sil’s’koho hospodarstva. Kharkiv: KhDTUSG, Issue 24, рр. 41–45.
- Svirgun, O.A., Gusev, O.V., Kolomiets, V.V., Svirgun, V.P. (2019). «Investigation of the influence of the load direction on the working characteristics of rubber-metal plain bearings». Visnyk Kharkivs’koho natsional’noho tekhnichnoho universytetu sil’s’koho hospodarstva. Kharkiv: KhDTUSH, Vol. 205, рр. 243–248.
- Svirgun, O.A., Stolbovoy, A.S., Svirgun, V.P. (2010). «Method of calculations of rubber-metal plain bearings lubricated with water». Visnyk SevNTU. Vyp. 110: Mekhanika, enerhetyka, ekolohiia. Sat. Science. SevNTU, рр.273–278.
- Svirgun O.A., Gusev O.V. (2020). «Investigation of the influence of speed on the working characteristics of rubber-metal bearings». Ekspluatatsijna ta servisna inzheneriia. [Operational and service engineering]. Materials of the XVI International. Youth Forum, Kharkiv. May 28-29 2020. Kharkiv: KhNTUSG, рр. 120–121.
- Svirgun, O.A., Gusev, O.V. (2020). «Calculation of rubber-metal bearings of water pumps». Molod’ i sil’s’kohospodars’ka tekhnika u KhKhI storichchi. [Youth and agricultural machinery in the XXI century]. Materials of the XVI International. Youth Forum, Kharkiv. May 25-26 Kharkiv: KhNTUSG, рр. 89.
The article was received 24.07.2021