УДК 339.13 : 338.43
JEL classification: L95; O18
Introduction. The low cost of pipeline transportation is a competitive advantage over other types of transportation. The pipeline system plays an important role in ensuring the economic security of the region and Ukrainian favorable geopolitical position through gas transit to Europe.
The purpose of the article is to study the problems of the pipeline system competitiveness of the country regions.
Method (methodology). Methods of comparison, analysis, theoretical study of competitive advantage sources were applied in the process of research.
Results. The role of pipeline transport in Ukraine and Mykolaiv region is considered. The total length of transport routes in Ukraine by type of transport is given. The role of Ukraine in the world capacity of the pipeline transportation system is determined. The total volume analysis of freight turnover of different transport modes in Ukraine is provided. The share of pipeline system in the overall structure of Ukrainian transport is determined. The stakeholders’ interests of the «supply-transit-consumption» chain are considered. The principles of reforming the energy market offered by the EU were found to be incompatible with those in Ukraine and Russia. Strategic solutions for solving this situation are proposed. Recommendations of achieving pipeline system competitiveness in the Nikolaev area are given. The strategy to increase the Ukraine’s pipeline system competitiveness is developed, which includes theoretical foundations of quality regulation, state policy provisions, requirements for improving regulation of service delivery quality, elements of state regulation (financial, economic, administrative, organizational and support programs); ways to improve the competitiveness increasing mechanism of the country pipeline infrastructure.
Conclusions. Priority ways and goals for further development of the region’s pipeline transportation system are: ensuring efficient and effective functioning for the benefit of society and the state; further improvement of the public administration system in this field; organizational, legal and technological integration and harmonization of business entities in the «supply-transit-consumption» chain; further development of pipeline enterprises.
Keywords. pipeline system, pipeline, main, local and internal pipelines, oil and oil products, gas, competitiveness.
- Ukraine’s Energy Security 2020: Challenges, Opportunities, Scenarios. Available at: http://uipp.org.ua.
- Shevtsova, A. I. (2013). Enerhetyka Ukrainy na shliakhu do ievropejs’koi intehratsii. [Energy of Ukraine on the way to European integration: monograph]. Dnipropetrovs’kyj filial NISD, Dnipropetrovsk. Ukraine.
- Isaieva, I. M. (2015). «Strategic priorities and tasks of the state for the development and maintenance of the effective functioning of main pipeline systems». Rozvytok systemy derzhavnoho upravlinnia v Ukraini. no. 1 (48), pp. 1-6.
- Lagodiyenko, V. and Korniyecz`ky`j, O. V. (2014). «Logistics in Japanese: Increasing the efficiency of enterprises». Kul`tura narodov Pry`chernomor`ya. no. 275. pp. 207-210.
- Lahodiienko, V. V. (2013). «Features of sustainable development of regional power complex». Efektyvna ekonomika, №10. Available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=4813.
- Lahodiienko, V. V. (2014). «Modern development of regional power complex». Efektyvna ekonomika. no. 12. Available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=4814.
- Mandryk, I. P., Makovets’ka, L. O. (2015). «Perspective directions of development of the transport system of Ukraine in the context of European integration processes». Naukovyj visnyk Volyns’koho natsional’noho universytetu im. L. Ukrainky. no. 4, pp. 201–206.
- Osinchuk, Z. P. (2009). «The gas transportation network of Ukraine in the gas supply system in Europe». Naftova i hazova promyslovist’. no. 2, pp. 32–36.
- EU-Ukraine-Russia partnership through the eyes of foreign diplomats. Available at: http://razumkov.org.ua/uploads/journal/eng/NSD133-134_2012_eng.pdf.
- Saprykin, V. (2012). «Fuel and energy complex of Ukraine: readiness for European integration». Dzerkalo tyzhnia. no. 39, pp. 4.
- Improvement of the mechanism of regulation of the gas transportation system of Ukraine by implementing the rules of the Energy Community – a specially developed proposal. Available at: http://www.ier.com.ua.
The article was received 10.01.2019