JEL classification: Q 50; Q 52; Q 56; Q 59
Introduction. The processes of globalization and social transformation have made environmen-tal conservation a priority, and therefore require some action to be taken to address environ-mental issues and the rational use of natural resources. The solution of the existing problems depends to a great extent on the functioning efficiency of the financial security system established in the country, the established composition and the volume of financing sources and certain directions of their use, which necessitates their scientific-based analysis.
The purpose of the study is to investigate the state of financing environmental measures in Ukraine, to study the directions, dynamics and structure of costs for environmental protection, identifying features of financing environmental protection.
Results. The comprehensive analysis of the dynamics of costs for environmental protection and rational use of natural resources is carried out. The main components of environmental expenditures are identified. Costs for environmental protection and rational use of natural resources by financing sources have been structured. The dynamics and structure of capital investments by nature conservation measures are investigated. The dynamics of the share of expenditures for environmental protection and rational use of natural resources in the GDP of Ukraine, as well as the share of capital investments (environmental) in the structure of capital investments of Ukraine are analyzed. The features of the current state of financing environmental protection and rational use of natural resources are highlighted.
Conclusions. The results of the research made it possible to identify the main problems in the field of financial support for environmental protection and to outline the ways of their solution. The necessity of investments mobilization into nature protection activity is proved through development of appropriate means of economic stimulation and their legislative fixing, which will allow to solve the problem of financial support of environmental protection by diversification of financing sources.
Keywords: costs for environmental protection, environmental activities, environmental measures, recurrent costs, capital investments, cost structure, financial support.
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. Ofitsijnyj portal. [State Statistics Service of Ukraine. The official portal]. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/.
- Pro okhoronu navkolyshn’oho pryrodnoho seredovyscha: Zakon Ukrainy. [On the protection of the environment: Law of Ukraine]. Dated 26.06.1991 № 1264-KhII. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1264-12.
- Derzhavna fiskal’na sluzhba Ukrainy. Ofitsijnyj portal. [State Fiscal Service of Ukraine. The official portal.]. Available at: http://sfs.gov.ua/ms/.
- Metodolohichni polozhennia z orhanizatsii derzhavnoho statystychnoho sposterezhennia schodo vytrat na okhoronu navkolyshn’oho pryrodnoho seredovyscha ta ekolohichnykh platezhiv: Nakaz Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy. [Methodological provisions on the organization of the state statistical observation on the costs of environmental protection and environmental payments: Order of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Dated 23.12.2011 № 392. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/metod_polog/metod_doc/2019/82/mp_vyt_onps.pdf
- Martyniuk, I.V., Dubovyk, O.Yu. (2014). Otsinka ekonomichnoho stanu Ukrainy z urakhuvanniam ekolohichnoho faktoru. Naukovyj visnyk: finansy, banky, investytsii: naukovo-praktychnyj zhurnal. [Assessment of the economic status of Ukraine, taking into account the environmental factor. Scientific Bulletin: Finance, Banks, Investments: A Scientific and Practical Journal]. Simferopol’: Tavrijs’kyj natsional’nyj universytet im. V.I. Vernads’koho. №1 (26). рр. 112–117.
- Natsionalna dopovid pro stan navkolyshnoho pryrodnoho seredovyshcha v Ukraini u 2015 rotsi. [National Report on the State of the Environment in Ukraine in 2015]. (2017). Ministerstvo ekolohii ta pryrodnykh resursiv Ukrainy. FOP Hrin D.S. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Pushak Y. Y., Lagodiienko V. V. (2018). «Social responsibility of food industry enterprises as basis of modern economy innovative development». Actual problems of innovative economy, No 3, pp. 27-35.
- Orel, A. M. (2018). «Green tourism in the context of sustainable rural development». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. Tom 3. №4. рр. 47–53.
The article was received 04.09.2019