JEL classification: Q13
Introduction. The agricultural sector is an important strategic sector of the Ukrainian national economy, which ensures food security and food independence of our state. The modern agro-industrial complex is an important sector of Ukraine’s economy. The agricultural sector forms food and, within certain limits, economic, environmental and energy security, ensures the development of technologically related sectors of the national economy and creates socio-economic conditions for rural development.
The purpose of article is a study of the analysis of the current state and prospects of development of the agro-industrial complex of Ukraine taking into account global changes.
Results. The article describes the current state and features of the development of the agro-industrial complex of Ukraine. The importance of agriculture for the national economy is substantiated. Trends in rural development, employment and unemployment, the impact of internal and external factors on these processes are analyzed. The problems of material and technical, investment and financial support of the agro-industrial complex are revealed. It is determined that the decline in the agro-industrial complex also affects the processing industry. The preconditions for the development of the agricultural sector in Ukraine under the conditions of market formation and ways to solve strategic problems to ensure food security of the country and the competitiveness of the agri-food complex in domestic and foreign markets are highlighted.
Conclusions. It is proposed to continue to improve the mechanisms of co-financing of major economic measures and programs aimed at agricultural development, taking into account the solution of national problems in the formation of a single economic space, living conditions equalization of the rural population. One of the strategic directions of agro-industrial development should be the support of farmers by the state. The agro-industrial complex is able to double the volume of agricultural production. The condition for the effective development in the agro-industrial complex is to ensure its adaptation to changes in the external environment.
Key words: agro-industrial complex of Ukraine, agrarian sector, agriculture, food security, agricultural production.
- Ambrosov, V. Ya. (2013). «Market and development strategy of agricultural enterprises». Ekonomika APK, vol. 10, рp. 72–79.
- Rulykivsky, V. (2009). «The system of indicators for assessing the impact of the agro-industrial complex on the effectiveness of food security of the state». Visnyk Natsional’noi akademii derzhavnoho upravlinnia pry Prezydentovi Ukrainy, 1, рр. 114-121.
- Ivanyuta, V.F. (2016). Ahropromyslovyy sektor yak osnova rozvytku ekonomiky silskykh terytoriy v umovakh yevrointehratsiynykh protsesiv. [The agro-industrial sector as a basis for the development of the rural economy in the context of European integration processes]. Efekty`vna ekonomika. [Effective economy]. (electronic journal). no. 5. Available at: Available at: http://www. economy.nayka.com
- Matviychuk, O.E., Varchenko, O.M. (2015). «Characteristics of economic conditions for the development of production activities of agricultural enterprises». Ekonomika ta upravlinnia APK, no. 1. Available at: http://econommeneg.btsau.edu.ua/sites/default/files/visnyky/economika/matviychyk.pdf
- Rossoha, V.V. (2009). «Economic potential of land and problems of its definition in market conditions». Transformacіya zemelnih vіdnosin do rinkovih umov [Transformation of land relations to market conditions]. Proceeding of the of the eleventh annual meeting of the All-Ukrainian Congress. scientist. agrarian economists. Kyiv, рр. 135.
- Official site of the State Cadastre of Ukraine. Available at: https://land.gov.ua
- Official site of the State Statistics Committee of Ukraine. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua
- Kukel’, H.S., Roleders, V.V., Semchuk, I.V. (2020). «Estimation of employment in agriculture of Ukraine». Problemy systemnoho pidkhodu v ekonomitsi. Issue 1 (75), pp. 47-51.
- Abramovych, I.A. (2017). «Innovative tools of the marketing complex of agro-industrial enterprises». Naukovyj visnyk Khersons’koho derzhavnoho universytetu. Seriia: ekonomichni nauky. Issue 27. Part 1, pp. 107-110.
- Olijnyk, O.V., Makohon, V.V., Brik, S.V. (2019). «Problems of optimization of credit provision of operating expenses of agricultural enterprises». Ekonomika APK, no. 8, рр. 50.
- Zakharchuk, O.V. (2019). «Valuation of agricultural property: problems and prospects». Ekonomika APK, no. 8, pp. 59-69.
- Karachyna, N.P., Vitiuk, A.V., Hreben’ok, I.V. (2014). «Functioning of the agricultural engineering industry of Ukraine and its development potential». Naukovyj visnyk Uzhhorods’koho universytetu. Seriia Ekonomika. Issue 1 (42), pp. 16-20.
- Makaliuk, I. V. (2013). «Analysis of the magnitude, structure and dynamics of transaction costs in the machine-building enterprise». Suchasni problemy ekonomiky i pidpryiemnytstvo [Modern problems of economics and entrepreneurship]. Proceeding of scientific works. Kyiv: IVTs Vydavnytstvo «Politekhnika». Issue 11, pp. 276-282.
- Korotaieva, Yu. (2012). «Prospects and problems of mechanical engineering». Sotsial’no-ekonomichni problemy i derzhava. Issue 1 (6), pp. 82-90.
- Mann, R.V., Plyhach K.D. (2018). «Features of resource and reserve provision of economic potential of agricultural sector of Cherkasy region». Zbirnyk naukovykh prats’ ChDTU. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky. Issue 50, pp. 23-32.
The article was received 10.03.2020