JEL classification: G34; O16
Introduction. The nature consideration and economic power mechanisms studied are mainly carried out at society economic system’s level. The need to generalize the patterns of joint-stock companies corporate control formation and distribution determines the in-depth study feasibility of given issues through economic power transformation.
The purpose of the scientific paper is to theoretically substantiate and develop provisions for generalizing the role and importance of corporate control within a joint-stock company’s economic power distribution.
Methods. The monographic method, analysis and synthesis methods, and scientific comparison methods have been used during the study performance.
Results. It has been proved that the society’s dominant institutional basis for the property rights establishment and distribution determines economic power system formation and structuring. This institutional basis characterizes the opportunities provided by individual agents and groups of individuals to influence the decisions about resources and wealth allocation, produced goods creation and distribution, production results appropriation. The specific properties manifestations of corporate business organization are getting the exceptional importance during the joint-stock companies economic power system formation. The peculiarities of corporate control emergence are determined by the joint-stock company general capital structure and by the relations configuration of the corporate cooperation among key participants. The mentioned peculiarities have a direct influence on the corporate relations subject’s behavior. Shareholder ownership structure basic options, which defining corporate control specific models, have been identified. These variants are: the shareholder-insider with a controlling stake; the shareholder-outsider with a controlling stake; insider concentration in stock ownership; mixed concentration in stock ownership; outsider concentration in stock ownership; scattered ownership of shares.
Conclusions. The possibility of corporate control emergence within the joint-stock company economic power distribution is grounded on the individual entities’ ability to influence certain strategic and current decisions and corporation management processes.
Keywords: economic power, corporate governance, corporate relations, corporate control, joint-stock company.
- Habov, A. V. (2005). Sdelky s zaynteresovannostʹyu v praktyke aktsyonernykh obshchestv: problemy pravovoho rehulyrovanyya. [Transactions with interest in the practice of joint stock companies: problems of legal regulation]. Statut. Moscow. Russia.
- Herasymenko, A. (2012). «Monopoly and economic power: historical and economic analysis». Visnyk Kyyivsʹkoho natsionalʹnoho torhovelʹno-ekonomichnoho universytetu. № 3, рр. 23-35.
- Hrytans, Ya. M. (2005). Korporatyvnye otnoshenyya: Pravovoe rehulyrovanye orhanyzatsyonnykh form. [Corporate relations: Legal regulation of organizational forms]. Volters Kluver. Moscow. Russia. Ukraine.
- Dementʹev, V. V. (2003). Ékonomyka kak systema vlasty. [Economy as a system of power]. Kashtan. Donetsk. Ukraine.
- Zadykhaylo, D. (2013). «Economic power in the context of legal regulation of economic relations». Visnyk Natsionalʹnoyi akademiyi pravovykh nauk Ukrayiny. № 4, рр. 163-171.
- Kybenko, E. R. (2001). Korporatyvnoe pravo Ukrayny. [Corporate law of Ukraine]. Éspada. Kharʹkov. Ukrainе.
- Kozachenko, H. V., Voronkova, A. E. (2004). Korporatyvnoe upravlenye. [Corporate governance]. Libra. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Miryasov, Yu. O. (2016). «Institute of “correspondence property” and economic power». Sotsialʹna ekonomika. № 2, рр. 31-38.
- Pedʹko, A. (2008). Vlasnistʹ, kontrolʹ i konflikt interesiv v aktsionernykh tovarystvakh. [Property, control and conflict of interest in joint stock companies]. Kyyevo-Mohylyansʹka akad. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Popov, O. YE., Kotov, A. M., Zaytseva, T. H. (2009). Rozpodil i realizatsiya korporatyvnoho kontrolyu pry formuvanni kapitalu aktsionernoho tovarystva. [Distribution and implementation of corporate control in the formation of capital of a joint stock company]. Inzhek. Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- Toffler, É. (2001). Metamorfozy vlasty. [Metamorphoses of power]. OOO «Yzdatelʹstvo AST». Moscow. Russia.
- Cherpak, A. Ye. (2004). «Subjects and objects of corporate control in the conditions of economic transformation». Rynok tsinnykh paperiv Ukrayiny. № 12, рр. 29–39.
- Shytkyna, Y. S. (2008). Korporatyvnoe pravo. [Corporate law]. Volters-Kluver. Moscow. Russia.
- Shnypko, O. S. (2011). «Economic power: in search of definitions-absolutes». Ekonomika ta derzhava, № 11. рр. 4-6.
- Galbraith, J. (2007). The New Industrial State. Princeton University Press; Revised edition
- Holton, (1992). Economy and Society. London: Routledge.
- Takata, (1995). Power Theory of Economics. New York: St. Martins Press.
- Vakkur,V., Herrera, Z. J. (2013). Corporate Governance Regulation. How Poor Management Is Destroying the Global Economy. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons.
The article was received 28.09.2020