JEL classification: Q15; R14; R52
The need to introduce resource-saving technologies and environmental protection policies both at the international and regional levels, the rapid growth of the Earth’s population in recent centuries and the associated processes of industrialization, urbanization, intensification of agricultural production, the increase in the need for energy resources and, accordingly, the increase in the amount of waste, which pollute the environment, further complicates the task of substantiating the locations of new waste disposal facilities and evaluating existing ones. The constituent elements of the ecological and economic mechanism for the selection of land plots for the location of regional landfill of solid non-hazardous waste are highlighted using the example of Lutsk waste management cluster of Volyn region, which solves the above problems. The mechanism makes it possible to determine promising land plots for the location of the regional landfill of solid non-hazardous waste landfills. With its help, one can choose the number of alternative sites required by the specific task. It takes into account primarily the interests of the community, sanitary and hygienic norms, it is economically attractive and preserves territories valuable for the environment. The ecological and economic mechanism for the selection of land plots for the location of regional landfill of solid non-hazardous waste consists of five stages. They include the evaluation of the territory according to economic, ecological, social and sanitary criteria. The elements of the mechanism in the form of five stages are performed separately and sequentially. Since the mechanism for greater visibility and practical use was developed on the example of a real territory, which is identified with the territory of modern Lutsk district of Volyn region, a plot of land was chosen, which is the most optimal for the disposal of waste from this territory. Further actions in the development of this mechanism and its practical value are given.
Key words: ecological and economic mechanism, land plot, regional landfill, waste, Lutsk cluster, rejection criteria, distance matrix, competitive criteria
- Petrovych O. M., Yevsiukov T. O. (2020). «Analysis of modern methodological approaches to determining the location of landfills for solid waste». Zemleustrii, kadastr i monitorynh zemel – Land management, cadastre and land monitoring, № 2-3, рp. 172. Available at: https://doi.org/10.31548/zemleustriy2020.02.03.
- Petrovych O. M., Yevsiukov T. O. (2018). «Comparative analysis of requirements for the placement of solid waste landfills in regulations». Tsili staloho rozvytku tretoho tysiacholittia. [The Sustainable Development Goals of the Third Millennium]. Proceeding of the Materials Challenges for Life Sciences Universities, 1, p. 457.
- Buchynska I. V. (2020). Nechitki modeli ta informatsiina tekhnolohiia heoprostorovoho bahatokryterialnoho analizu rishen po rozmishchenniu obiektiv tverdykh pobutovykh vidkhodiv [Fuzzy models and information technology of geospatial multicriteria analysis of decisions on placement of objects of solid household waste]. D. Thesis: Odesa. Ukraine.
- Adefris A. (2015). Evaluation of solid wate landfill potential site using GIS based multi criteria evaluation method: a case study of Addis Ababa. Addis Ababa university. Addis Ababa.
- Petrovych O. M., Yevsiukov T. O. (2022). «Improvement of ecological and economic mechanism for selection of land for location of waste disposal facilities (based on Lutsk cluster of the Volyn region)». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics and Technology, № 2, рp. 234-239. https://doi.org/10.36887/2415-8453-2022-2-28.
- Uprazhneniye 11. Analiz transportnykh setey. Osnovy geoinformatiki: praktikum v QGIS [6. Exercise 11. Analysis of transport networks. Fundamentals of geoinformatics: workshop in QGIS]. URL: https://aentin.github.io/qgis-course/networks.html.
- Ministerstvo budivnytstva, arkhitektury ta zhytlovo-komunalnoho hospodarstva Ukrainy. (2006). Pro zatverdzhennia Metodyky vprovadzhennia dvoetapnoho perevezennia tverdykh pobutovykh vidkhodiv [On the approval of the Methodology for the implementation of the two-stage transportation of solid household waste]. Nakaz – Order, 396. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v0396667-06#Text.
- Koshkalda, I., Dombrovska, O., Sopov, D., Butov, A. «Geoinformation technologies in industrial cadastre: directions of development». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics and Technology. 2021. Volume 6. № 4, рр. 249–258. https://doi.org/10.36887/2415-8453-2021-4-30
- Yazliuk B. O., Anopriienko T. V., Butov A. M. «Innovations in the field of land evaluation in Ukraine». Ukrainian Journal of Applied Economics. 2020. Vol. 5. № 3, pp. 201 214. https://doi.org/10.36887/2415-8453-2020-3-22.
- Bilan, Y., Zos-Kior, M., Nitsenko, V., Sinelnikau, U., & Ilin, V. (2017). Social component in sustainable management of land resources. Journal of Security and Sustainability, 7(2), 107-120. https://doi.org/10.9770/jssi.2017.7.2(9).
The article was received 15.11.2022