JEL classification: I10; I15
Introduction. The use of strategic tools to manage the health sector is currently an urgent problem for Ukraine. Foresight technology aims to democratize the processes of socio-economic regulation and management in the national environment of the country, which provides a social function in the health sector.
The purpose of the article is to propose a conceptual model for providing a foresight methodology in the strategic development of the national health care sector.
Results. The analysis of the factors influencing the foresight methodology for the healthcare sector, in the structure of which endogenous and exogenous factors occupy a special place. The model for providing the foresight methodology in the strategic development of the national health care sector was proposed. The scenarios used in the foresight methodology should show the possible alternative changes in the relevant environment of the national health care sector and their impact on the prospects of strategic development of the medical sector, as well as the reverse impact of medical technology on the industry. It should be emphasized that the scenarios effectively complement the results of SWOT-analysis, brainstorming, patent analysis, cross-interaction research, etc., as the structured system of methodical tools of the foresight methodology is constantly changing. The system of methods used in foresight methodology is analyzed. The application of foresight technology for the analysis of scenarios for further development of the Covid-19 pandemic is analyzed.
Conclusions. According to the results of the study, it is proved that in the conditions of transparent transformations of the national healthcare sector, the application of the foresight methodology will allow to raise to a new level measures to create a modern model of medical facilities in the country, providing quality medical services to citizens of the country. The application of the foresight methodology in the strategic development of the country’s healthcare sector will provide a visualization of the probable trend of development of the medical sphere and its components, through the socio-economic and innovation-technological component.
Keywords: healthcare, strategic management, strategy, healthcare industry, foresight.
- Svitovyi tsentr danykh z heoinformatyky ta staloho rozvytku (2020). [World Data Center for Geoinformatics and Sustainable Development]. Available at: http://wdc.org.ua/uk/covid-19-at-the-break-of-2020-2021.
- Pandemiia COVID-19: mozhlyvi stsenarii ta ochikuvani perspektyvy (2019). [The COVID-19 pandemic: possible scenarios and expected prospects]. Available at: https://kpi.ua/covid19.
- Sheremet, O. O. (2019). Teoretyko-metodolohichni zasady protsesu zabezpechennia ta realizatsii rynkovykh stratehii u kharchovii promyslovosti. [Theoretical and methodological principles of the process of ensuring and implementing market strategies in the food industry]. OLDI-PLIuS. Kherson. Ukraine.
- Melnyk, Yu. M. (2019). Teoretyko-metodolohichni zasady rehuliuvannia rozvytku promys–lovosti u natsionalnii ekonomitsi. [Theoretical and methodological principles of regulating the development of industry in the national economy]. OLDI-PLIuS. Kherson. Ukraine.
- Melnyk, Yu. M. (2019). «Application of foresight technology in the development of industry of the national economy». Prychornomorski studii vypusk. 37/1, pp. 71-77.
- Voronenko, Yu. V. (2014). «Strategic management in health care: theoretical and practical aspects». Scientific journal of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. № 5 (1), рp. 39-46.
- Danchenko, O. B, Lensky, V. V. (2018). «Models of strategic management of medical projects of project-oriented medical institution». Bulletin of the National Technical University “KhPI”. Series: Strategic management, portfolio management, programs and projects. № 2 (1278), рp. 45-52.
- Safonov, YM., Borsch, V. I. (2019). «Strategic management of health care institutions of Ukraine: principles and features of application in the field of health care of Ukraine». Current economic problems. № 8 (218), рр. 62-69. DOI 10.32752/1993-6788-2019-1-218-62-69.
The article was received 24.07.2020