JEL classification: O13; Q15
Introduction. Science and practice are faced with the need for a balanced revision of ideological, theoretical and methodological foundations of agricultural land use. The formation of a new philosophy and methodology of sustainable agricultural land use in Ukraine opens the possibility of applying its results not only for effective regulation of land relations, but also the organization of protection and rational use of land, definition and justification of economic and organizational measures to restore their productivity. Sustainable agricultural land use requires taking into account economic, environmental and social factors that significantly affect the condition of land, their productivity, and at the same time the efficiency of agricultural formations.
The purpose of the article is to highlight the main aspects of sustainable development in the field of agriculture in the formation of sustainable land use, to clarify promising areas for economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainability.
The article is devoted to the definition of the basic principles, system of indicators on which the conceptual bases of formation of agricultural land use through the prism of sustainable development are based. Problems and modern tendencies of development of agricultural land use in the conditions of land reform are revealed. The complexity and versatility of sustainable agricultural land use necessitates systemic and process-functional approaches to its formation. The basic scientific principles, concepts and the proposed system of indicators that reflect the functioning of land use – give a systematic idea of the formation of sustainable agricultural land use. The functioning of sustainable agricultural land use will not only increase soil fertility, rational land use and positive impact on the environment, but also allow to obtain environmentally friendly products, the need for which is due to negative socio-demographic processes.
Key words: sustainable development, agricultural land use, aspects of sustainability, rational use.
- Khvesyk, M., Bystryakov, I. (2012) «Paradigmatic view on the concept of sustainable development of Ukraine». Ekonomika Ukrainy. № 6, рр. 4-12.
- Novakovsky, Novakivska, I. (2019) «Formation of land use of united territorial communities at the second stage of decentralization of power». Visnyk agrarnoi nauky. №2, рр. 5-15.
- Strategiya stalogo rozvytku Ukrainy do 2030 roku (proekt 2017). [Strategy of sustainable development of Ukraine until 2030 (draft 2017)]. Available at: http://file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Favorites/Downloads/UNDP_Strategy_v06-optimized%20(1).pdf
- Dobryak,S., Tihonov, A.G., Grebenyuk, Н.В. (2004). Teoretychni zasady stalogo rozvytku zemlekorystuvannya u silskomu gospodarstvi. [Theoretical principles of sustainable land use development in agriculture]. Urozhaj. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Ekonomika upravlinnya zemel’nymy resursamy na osnovi zemlevporyadnogo ta kadastrovogo mehanizmiv. (2016). [Economics of land resources management on the basis of land management and cadastral mechanisms: a monograph]. Koshkalda,V. and othes. In Koshkalda, I.V. (ed.). Kharkiv nat. agrarian. univ. V.V.Dokuchaev. Ivanchenko I.S. Publishing House. Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- Sokhnich, A.Y., Kotykova, O.I. (2017). «Peculiarities of the influence of land use conditions on its sustainable development». Land management, cadastre and land monitoring. № 1-2, pp. 54-58.
- Tretyak, A.M., Tretyak, V.M., Tretyak, N.A. (2018). «Tendencies and consequences of land reform in Ukraine in the context of quality of life and safety of the population». Land management, cadastre and land monitoring. № 2, pp. 12-21.
- Khodakivska, O.V. (2020). «Basic principles of land management in agriculture». Aktual’ni problemy upravlinnia ta administruvannia: teoretychni i praktychni aspekty. [Actual problems of management and administration: theoretical and practical aspects]. Proceeding of materials of the International scientific-practical Internet-conference of young scientists and applicants for higher education. (May 6, 2020). Kamianets-Podilskyi, pp. 53-56.
The article was received 15.03.2020