JEL classification: E63; H20
Introduction. The formation of tax policy on the basis of economic efficiency, stability, transpa-rency and its approximation to international and European standards is impossible without effective tax control. Tax control as a component of the tax system faces the task of overcoming the uneven distribution of the tax burden in the economy, improving the inefficient system of tax benefits, reducing arrears of taxes and fees to the budget to de-shadow the Ukrainian economy and legalize income of legal entities and individuals. The importance of tax control is especially relevant due to the significant dependence of budget revenues at all levels on the tax component.
The purpose of the article is to study the essence and assess the effectiveness of tax control in ensuring the fiscal function of tax revenues.
Results. Systematization of approaches to the essence interpretation of the category “tax control” allowed to identify institutional, targeted and systemic approaches, according to which tax control is an institution of the public sector, part of the tax system, targeted activities to ensure effective financial system and economy of the country as a whole. According to the analysis results of quantitative indicators of tax control (number of inspections and the amount of accrued liabilities to be repaid) it was found that during 2014-2019 the most active from the point of view of tax control is Kyiv, where are the largest number of inspections and the largest amounts accrued monetary liabilities to be repaid.
Conclusion. In view of the general dynamics of tax audits, during 2014-2019 there is a downward trend, while the amounts of accrued monetary liabilities have an upward trend, due to the growing number of tax offenses and increasing cases of tax evasion. Given this, a conceptual model of harmonization of the participants’ interests in tax relations in Ukraine is proposed, aimed at improving the tax control effectiveness.
Keywords: tax system, tax revenues, tax control, tax audits, accrued liabilities.
- Revenues of the state budget of Ukraine. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://index.minfin.com.ua/ua/finance/budget/gov/income/2019/
- Zhyhalenko, O. V. (2009). Efektyvnist’ podatkovoho kontroliu v Ukraini. [Effectiveness of tax control in Ukraine]. Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis. 08.00.08. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Bogachev, S. I. (2006). Nalogovyj kontrol’ v Respublike Kazahstan i napravlenija ego sovershenstvovanija. [Tax control in the Republic of Kazakhstan and the directions of its improvement]. Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis. 08.00.10. Karaganda. Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Reva, D. V. (2005). Pravove rehuliuvannia podatkovoho kontroliu v Ukraini. [Legal regu-lation of tax control in Ukraine]. Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis. 12.00.07. Kharkiv. Ukraine.
- Vlasova, A. V. and Ponamarchuk, O. M. (2011). «The essence and functions of tax control». Yurydychnyj visnyk. no. 2, рр. 107-113.
- Podatkovyj kontrol’. (2007). [Tax control]. Buriak, P. Yu., Karpins’kyj, B. A., Zaluts’ka, N. S., Bilins’kyj, V. Z. Khaj-Tek Pres. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Varnalij, Z. S., Mel’nyk, P. V., Taranhul, L. L. et al. (2009). Ekonomichna bezpeka [Economic security]. In Varnalij, Z. S. (ed.). Znannia. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Nesterov, G. G. (2009). Razvitie mehanizmov nalogovogo kontrolja v sisteme obespechenija jekonomicheskoj bezopasnosti Rossii. [Development of tax control mechanisms in the system of ensuring economic security of Russia]. Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis. 08.00.10. Moscow. Russia.
- Husak, B. and Husak, Yu. D. (2007). Kontrol’ podatkovykh orhaniv za diial’nistiu pidpryiemstv. [Control of tax authorities on the activity of enterprises]. Tsentr uchbovoi literatury. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Cherednichenko, A. P. (2005). Podatkovyj kontrol’ v umovakh transformatsijnoi ekonomiky Ukrainy. [Tax control in the conditions of transformational economy of Ukraine]. Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis. 08.04.01. Odessa. Ukraine.
- Inspection work. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://www.tax.gov.ua/diyalnist-/pokazniki-roboti/kontrolno-perevirochna-robota/
- The shadow economy in Ukraine. Веб-сайт. Available at: https://bank.gov.ua/news/all/doslidjennya-tinovoyi-ekonomiki-v-ukrayini–mayje-chvert-vvp–abo-846-mlrd-griven–perebuvaye-v-tini
The article was received 15.12.2019