JEL classification: O10; Q20; R10
Introduction. In modern economic conditions, the ecosystem theory of evolution is developing rapidly. This allows you to form an idea of the created ecological system because of resource conservation and restoration. In addition, with the deterioration and reduction of life expectancy, a sharp increase in morbidity, society is looking for a suitable “panacea” that can influence the negative factors. Most scholars are of the opinion that the national security of the state depends on food, which is why the production and consumption of environmentally friendly products will provide an adequate level of protection of vital interests of society.
The aim of the article is to study the conceptual foundations of organic food production.
Results. It is investigated that ecologically directed production was considered through the prism of organo-biological, biodynamic method, biological (ecological), integrated agricultural production and organic. It is proved that environmentally friendly raw materials are used to produce organic products, in accordance with the approved requirements. The main theoretical approaches to the essence of the concept of “organic agricultural production” and “organic food products” are revealed. The main differences in certain concepts are given.
Conclusions. The improvement of the essence of the concept of “organic food production” is substantiated, which means the production of products from environmentally friendly raw materials that do not contain genetically modified organisms, chemically synthesized fertilizers and has the appropriate certificates, labeling. It is proved that the priority areas of research are organic farming, crop production, horticulture, berry growing, nut growing and viticulture, animal husbandry, aquaculture, organic processing, organic market research and forecasting. Each individual area is accompanied by different stages of research and have their own tools, mechanisms for their implementation.
Key words: conceptual bases, organic agricultural products, organic food products, research priorities.
- Pilipenko, K.A. (2017). «Organic production as a tool to strengthen food security». Visnyk Berdjans’kogo universytetu menedzhmentu i biznesu. no. (40), pp. 48–52.
- Kirilenko, I.G., Milovanov, E.V. (2019). «Scientific support for the development of organic agriculture». Ekonomika APK, no. 3, pp. 27–41.
- Belotkach, I.A. (2019). «Institutional support for the development of infrastructure of the market of organic agricultural products». Investycii’: praktyka ta dosvid, no. 3, pp. 12–20.
- Kundilovska, T.A., Zelenyanska, N.M., Zakharchuk, V.G. [etc.] (2019). Formuvannja rynku organichnoi’ produkcii’ v Ukrai’ni: teoretychni ta praktychni aspekty. [Formation of the market of organic products in Ukraine: theoretical and practical aspects]. Astro print. Odessa. Ukraine.
- Gvozd, O.M. (2021). Derzhavne reguljuvannja rozvytku organichnogo sil’s’kogospodars’kogo vyrobnyctva v Ukrai’ni. [State regulation of the development of organic agricultural production in Ukraine]. Ivan Franko National University of Lviv. Lviv. Ukraine.
- Shkuratov, O.I., Chudovskaya, V.A., Vdovichenko, A.B. (2015). Organichne sil’s’ke gospodarstvo: ekologo-ekonomichni imperatyvy rozvytku. [Organic agriculture: ecological and economic imperatives of development]. «DIA». Kiev. Ukraine.
- Milovanov, E.V. (2018). «Modern approaches to defining the concept of organic agriculture». «Naukovi goryzonty», «Scientific horizons», no. 5 (68), рp. 12-23.
- Nykoljuk, O.D. (2013). Perspektyvy vyrobnyctva organichnoi’ produkcii’ fermers’kymy gospodarstvamy. [Prospects for the production of organic products by farms]. Organic production and food security. Polissya, Zhytomyr. Ukraine.
- Proekt «Rozvytku organichnogo rynku v Ukrai’ni» [Project “Development of the organic market in Ukraine”]. Available at: www.ukraine.fibl.org/ua/ua-about-us-u/ua-fibil.html.
- Pro osnovni pryncypy ta vymogy do organichnogo vyrobnyctva, obigu ta markuvannja organichnoi’ produkcii’ [On the basic principles and requirements for organic production, circulation and labeling of organic products: Law of Ukraine]. 10.07.2018 № 2496-VIII. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2496-19#Text
- Irtyshcheva, I.O., Smelyanets, T.V., Bourdelna, G.O., Kramarenko, I.S. (2012). «Status and strategic guidelines of investment and financial support of the agri-food sector in the context of globalization». no. 7, pp. 26-30.
- Irtyshcheva, I.O., Kramarenko, I.S. (2013). «Financial and credit support of the agro-food sphere of Ukraine: current state and prospects of development». no. 3, pp. 14-16.
- Popadynets, N.M., Irtyshcheva, I.O., Kramarenko, I.S., Danilo, S.I., Zhuravel, Yu. V. (2020). «Strategic guidelines for state regulation of the domestic market of consumer goods». Regional’na ekonomika. no. 2 (96), pp. 131-143.
- Irtyshcheva I.O., Kramarenko I.S. (2011). «Factoring as a direction of strategic development of financial support of agro-food sphere». Visnyk HNAU. no. 8, 16-21.
The article was received 10.06.2021