JEL classification: Q15
Introduction. Adapting the agricultural sector of the economy to the conditions and requirements of the European Union is a complex and controversial process. Due to the natural and economic peculiarities of agriculture, its long-term internal and external isolation from developed European countries, differences in the definition of state agricultural policy priorities, scientific discussions continue on the formation of a system of managing the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises.
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to study and evaluate scientific approaches to the formation of a system for managing the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises on the basis of sustainability.
In the process of research the methods of comparison, analysis, theoretical and logical generalization were used. The dialectical method of research became the methodological basis.
Results. The definition of the “competitiveness of agricultural enterprises” is studied in the article; the influence of features of agriculture on formation of system of management of competitiveness of the agricultural enterprises is considered. It is proposed to treat the management of the compe-titiveness of an agricultural enterprise as a set of measures for the production and sale of products at a price not higher and not worse in quality than any other counterparties in its market niche.
Conclusions. Favorable geographical position of agricultural enterprises is its competitive advantage, which is the possibility of direct economic activity. Decreased soil fertility and increased erosion processes, reduction of sown areas suitable for cultivation and a high degree of dependence on climatic conditions are the reason for the loss of competitive advantages. Agricultural enterprises should use a systematic strategic management of competitiveness, the essence of which is to develop a strategy to achieve goals and solve problems to increase the competitiveness of agricultural enterprises with less use of resources in accordance with the conditions of sustainable development.
Keywords: competitiveness; management system; agricultural enterprises; sustainability; competitive advantages.
- Horbal’, N., Romanyshyn, S. (2010). «Management system of enterprise competitiveness». Naukovyj visnyk Natsional’noho lisotekhnichnoho universytetu: Ekonomika, planuvannia i upravlinnia haluzi. Issue 20.12, pp. 112-117.
- Ekonomika pidpryiemstva. [Economics of the enterprise]. (2004). In Pokropyvnoho, S. F. (ed.). KNEU. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Litvinova, Yu. O. (2012). «Problems of ensuring the competitiveness of the enterprise in modern conditions». Upravlinnia rozvytkom. № 9, рр. 35-37.
- Makarovs’ka, T. P., Bondar, N. M. (2003). Ekonomika pidpryiemstva. [Economics of the enterprise]. MAUP. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Mytiaj, O. V., Lahodiienko, V. V., Safonov, V. V. (2015). «Competitiveness of agricultural enterprises as the main lever of sustainable development of the agricultural sector». Ekonomichnyj chasopys – XXI. №155(11-12), рр. 59-62.
- Tkachuk, H. Yu. (2012). Formuvannia konkurentospromozhnosti malykh pidpryiemstv ahrobiznesu. [Formation of competitiveness of small agribusiness enterprises]. ZhDTU. Zhytomyr.
- Uzhva, A. (2016). Competitiveness of Enterprises in a Sustainable Agribusiness Development. Science and Education a New Dimension. Humanities and Social Sciences. Vol. IV (17), Issue 108, рр. 7-11.
- Uzhva, A. M. (2014). «Competitiveness of agro-industrial complex in the context of European integration processes of Ukraine». Ekonomichnyj dyskurs: Mizhnarodnyj zbirnyk naukovykh prats’. Issue 3, pp. 58-61.
- Chajkivs’kyj, I. A. (2014). «Mechanisms for sustainable development of agricultural enterprises». Innovatsijna ekonomika. № 6, рр. 108-114.
- Mudrak, R., Nyzhnyk, I., Lagodiienko, V., Lagodiienko, N. (2019) Impact of Seasonal Production on the Dynamics of Prices for Meat and Dairy Products in Ukraine. TEM Journal. Volume 8, Issue 4, Pages 1159-1168. DOI: 10.18421/TEM84-08.
The article was received 11.03.2020