JEL classification: M31, I20
Introduction. Today there is an urgent need for the development of the domestic dairy industry, which is based on domestic enterprises that produce high quality products from domestic raw materials at affordable prices. Identifying and studying stable casual relationships between the use of competitive potential and the level of competitiveness of the enterprise should be considered one of the most promising and priority areas in modern economic research, the implementation of which will ensure sustainable economic development of the domestic economy.
The purpose of the article is to substantiate the strategic directions of formation and development of the competitive potential of enterprises in the dairy industry in the context of ensuring their sustainable economic development.
Results. The strategic directions of formation and development of competitive potential of the studied dairy enterprises on the basis of their configuration and reconfiguration, definition of the enterprise-type representative on each of four received clusters are defined that allowed to develop structure of configuration of competitive potential for each of four groups of enterprises. It is established that in the current period of economic development the most appropriate approach is to assess the formation of competitive potential based on a system of indicators to identify key sources of competitive potential in four areas: “finance”; “clients”; “internal business processes, including technological”; “personnel”. Four clusters were obtained on the basis of low, below average, medium and high level of competitive potential development in the period 2015-2019. The practical implementation of strategic directions of formation and development of key skills in the studied enterprises within the selected clusters allowed to substantiate the logics of changing their abilities, which are significantly important for the formation of competitive potential.
Key words: competitive potential, potential formation, strategies, cluster analysis, enterprises of dairy industry.
- Vinichenko, I.I., Kriuchkova, Zh.V. (2017). «Key factors influencing the competitiveness of agrarian enterprises». Ekonomika ta derzhava, vol. 4, pp. 32-37.
- Hudzyns’kyj, O.D., Sudomyr, S.M., Hurenko, T.O. (2010). Upravlinnia formuvanniam konkurentospromozhnoho potentsialu pidpryiemstv (teoretyko-metodolohichnyj aspekt). [Management of the formation of competitive potential of enterprises (theoretical and methodological aspect)]. K.: IPK DSZU.
- Zghurs’ka,M. (2013). «Factors for ensuring the competitive advantages of dairy enterprises». Zbirnyk naukovykh prats’ Kyivs’koi derzhavnoi akademii vodnoho transportu imeni het’mana Petra Konashevycha-Sahajdachnoho. 2013. no. 3(18). pp.119-125.
- Zelenchuk,B. (2015). «The mechanism of managing the competitiveness of dairy enterprises». Aktual’ni problemy ekonomiky. 2015. no. 3 (165). pp. 144-154.
- Malik,J., Nuzhna, O.A. (2007). Konkurentospromozhnist’ ahrarnykh pidpryiemstv: metodolohiia i mekhanizmy [Competitiveness of agricultural enterprises: methodology and mechanisms]. Instytut ahrarnoi ekonomiky. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Masliaeva,O. «Competitiveness of dairy enterprises in the context of European integration processes». Ahrosvit. 2016. no. 4. pp. 59-64.
- Parkhomets’,K., Uniiat, L.M. (2018). «Management of milk production on an innovative basis as a direction of development of competitive dairy cattle breeding in agricultural enterprises». Innovatsijna ekonomika. no. 5-6. pp. 18-25.
- Rozhko,P., Strus, L.A., Chesnik, N.M. (2019). «Competitiveness of Ukrainian dairy companies in the international market». Vcheni zapysky Tavrijs’koho natsional’noho universytetu imeni V.I. Vernads’koho. Seriia: Ekonomika i upravlinnia. no. 2. pp. 61-66.
- Rudʹ,Yu. (2012). «Estimation of the competitiveness of dairy products». Ahrosvit. № 6. рр. 39-42.
The article was received 08.07.2020