JEL classification: L13; L20; Q13
The article reveals the issues of system-forming elements of agro-industrial enterprises’ competitive potential and the choice of competitive strategy as a factor of strengthening and increasing its efficiency through strategic management. It is established that along with the use of exclusive qualitative and quantitative characteristics of resources, competitive advantages can also be created due to the properties of the internal and external environment, rare among competitors. Special attention is paid to such an advantage as competence. The external and internal factors of agro-industrial enterprise’s competitive potential, which cover its assortment, marketing, quality, production management and other policies, innovative development, highly qualified staff availability, access to quality raw materials, are defined. The article presents and justifies the block-scheme of the choice of the agro-industrial enterprise competitive strategy of potential development. It distinguishes two components: structural composition of production and positioning. The proposed methodological approach of such analysis and choice of competitive strategy allows the enterprise not only to form, but also to successfully implement a long-term advantage in a changing environment.
The competitive strategy as a tool is linked to the successful implementation of strategic management. It is determined that strategic management should be carried out through an appropriate organizational and economic mechanism, aimed at shaping and strengthening the competitiveness of the agro-industrial enterprise. The proposed mechanism includes a strategic analysis of the operating environment. It establishes essential characteristics of the environment, each consisting of dedicated sub processes, as a basis for defining the mission and goals of the enterprise. It is stated that developing a business strategy is considered to be the core of strategic management, and functional strategies must ensure every management level. A special task of evaluation and control of strategy implementation has been developed. It is determined that adjustments to the results of strategic control should be done for both the implemented strategy and the goals of business entities. In general, the implementation of the organizational and economic mechanisms of strategic management determines certain rules and techniques for forming and strengthening the competitive potential of agricultural enterprises.
Keywords: competitive potential, competitive strategy, strategic management, strategy choice, business strategy, functional strategies, strategic analysis, external environment, internal environment, agro-industrial enterprises.
- Pilipuk, A.V., Suboch, F.I., Baranova, M.I, Lopatnyuk, L.A., Pushchaenko, S.I., Pronina T.S, Durovich,V.A, Talaiko, V.V. (2012). Konkurentnyj potencial pererabatyvajushhih predprijatij APK. [Competitive potential of agricultural processing enterprises]. In V.G. Gusakova (ed.). Minsk. Belarusian science. Minsk. Belarus.
- Porter, M. (1993). Mezhdunarodnaja konkurencija: Konkurentnye preimushhestva. [International competition: Competitive advantages of countries]. Trans. from English in Shchetinina V.D. (ed.). International Relations. Russia.
- Drugova, O.S (2011). «Development of a method for assessing competitive potential». Naukovi pratsi Natsional’noho universytetu kharchovykh tekhnolohij. Seriia ekonomichni nauky. NAIL. Kiev. Ukraine. no. 40, рр. 132-134.
- Mikhalchenko, OA (2015). «Conceptual bases of formation of the concept «competitive potential of the aircraft-building enterprise»». Economic Annals-XXI. Institute for the Transformation of Society, Kiev. Ukraine. № 9-10, рр. 48–51.
- Ushkarenko, Yu.V., Shulga, M.O. (2015). «The Competitive Potential of Food Processing Enter-prises: Methodological Approaches». Sotsial’no-ekonomichnyj rozvytok rehioniv v konteksti mizhnarodnoi intehratsii. Kherson: KhNTU. Kherson. Ukraine. № 17(6), рр. 151–154.
- Stakhova, M.V., Malik, O.V. (2017). Konkurentnyj potentsial iak osnova formuvannia konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstva. [Competitive potential as a basis for formation of enterprise competitiveness]. Hlobal’ni ta natsional’ni problemy ekonomiky. [Global and national problems of economy]. (electronic journal). MNU them. V.O. Sukhomlinsky. Mykolayiv. Ukraine. № 16, рр. 468-473.
- Yakimenko-Tereshchenko, N.V, Nicholas, Ya.R. (2018). «The essence and principles of development of competitive potential of the economic system». Ekonomika ta derzhava: mizhnarodnyj naukovo-praktychnyj zhurnal. Kiev. Ukraine. № 2, рр. 32-35.
- Krisko, Zh.L. (2018). Sutnist’ konkurentospromozhnosti cherez vyvchennia pryrody konkurentsii. [The essence of competitiveness through the study of the nature of competition]. Global and national problems of economy. Hlobal’ni ta natsional’ni problemy ekonomiky. [Global and national problems of economy]. (electronic journal). MNU them. V.O. Sukhomlinsky. Mykolayiv. Ukraine. Nikolaev. Ukraine. Vol. 22, рр. 22-26.
- Tsiganyuk, O.O. (2009). «An analysis of the position of the company in the competition by the method of competitive advantages». Actual problems of economics. Kyiv: National University of Management PJSC, № 9. Kyiv. Ukraine, рр. 155-162.
- Krasnokutskaya, N.S. (2005). Potentsial pidpryiemstva: formuvannia ta otsinka. [Enterprise potential: formation and evaluation]. CNL. Kiev. Ukraine.
- Mizyuk, B.M. (2006, 2009). Osnovy stratehichnoho upravlinnia. [Fundamentals of strategic management]. Magnolia. Lviv. Ukraine.
- Thompson, A.L. and Strickland, A.J. (2002). Stratehycheskyj menedzhment. Yskusstvo razrabotky y realyzatsyy stratehyy. [Strategic Management, The Art of Strategy Development and Implementation]. Trans. from English; in Zaitseva L.G. (ed.). Banks and Stock Exchanges, UNITI. Russia.
- Pearee, J.A. and Robinson, R. B.jr. (1985). Strategic Managment, 2 nded. (Homenwood Richard D. Irwin).
- Zakshevs’ka, E.V., Udarov., S.V., Zagvozkin, M.V. (2010). «Adactation management system in the system of strategic management of agricultural enterprises». Napravlenija razvitija predprinimatel’skih struktur v APK Rossii. [Directions of development of business structures in the agroindustrial complex of Russia]. Proceeding of materials of science-practice. Conf. (by the author), (Voronezh, October 18, 2010). Voronezh. GNU NIIJeOAPK CChR Rossii, Russia, pp. 56-60.
The article was received 21.09.2019