JEL classification: L83
The dynamic nature of the tourism sector depends on the ever-increasing requirements for professional qualifications and training. The variety of types of tourism requires an adequate educational level and professional qualifications of future specialists and managers. Their professional training begins in higher education institutions in order to approve them in the process of implementation and career development in tourism. Competences in the modern science of tourism play the role of the main factor determining the success of tourism development in a particular destination. In this competence, they act as the main quality of destination management as well as a determining element of the external and internal environment of the tourism industry. Competence is considered as a complex integrative quality, which includes both substantive (knowledge) and procedural (skills) components that allow to effectively perform professional activities, independently solve production problems, answer questions. Thus, the competence is a set of competencies. Professional competencies are a determining factor for effective professional behavior and competitiveness in the tourism market. They help maintain the traditional rhythm of tourism, as well as making non-standard decisions in problematic situations. It is proved that the competent environment of the tourist complex includes government agencies, labor force, intangible tourist resources, consumers. The paper analyzes the relationship between the elements of the “national diamond” and competencies in relation to the tourist complex. It is noted that the competencies of related industries of the tourist complex indirectly affect the success of its operation. The problem of competencies in tourism education and science as a result negatively affects the ability to defend the corporate interests of the tourism industry in all areas.
Key words: competence, competency, professional competence, professional qualification.
- Bihdan, M.H. and Karlyk Yu.Yu. (2012). «Direct dependence of the quality of tourist services on effective management». Menedzhment, marketynh ta upravlinnia personalom. Visnyk KrNU Mykhajla Ostrohrads’koho. Kremenchuk: KrNU. 3 (74), pp. 178–182.
- Bondar, N.D. (2013). «List and content of key competencies of future managers in the field of tourism», Sotsial’no–politychni ta humanitarni vymiry ievropejs’koi intehratsii. [Socio-political and humanitarian dimensions of Ukraine’s European integration]. Proceeding of the scientific papers of the international scientific. Tsentr pidhotovky nakovykh ta navchal’no-metodychnykh vydan’ VTEI KNTEU. Vinnytsia. Ukraine, vol.2, pp. 119–
- Hurevych, R.S. (2011). «How to determine the level of professional competence of staff?». Teoriia i praktyka upravlinnia sotsial’nymy systemamy, vol. 1, pp. 31–
- Zhyhajlo, N.I. (2011). «Formation of professional qualities of the manager». Zbirnyk naukovykh prats’. Psykholohichni nauky. Tom 2. 8, pp. 113–120.
- Zamiatina, N.V. (2017). «Formation of professional competence of the future manager of the tourist industry in the process of training». Problemy osvity. I–II (65–66), pp. 453–463.
- Obolentseva, L.V. and Zaika, D.I. (2015). «Human resources as a component of the development of the tourist enterprise». 9, pp. 146–149.
- Kokun, O.M. (2013). Psykhofiziolohichne zabezpechennia stanovlennia fakhivtsia u profesiiakh typu “liudyna–liudyna”. [Psychophysiological support of becoming a specialist in professions such as “man-man”]. Imeks-LTD. Kirovohrad.
- Loik, H.B. (2013). «Ways of forming professional competence of future tourism managers». Available at: http://www.rusnauka.com/16_NPRT_2013/ Pedagogica/2_139881.doc.htm
- Education based on life skills. Advocacy module for executives (2020), «Education based on life skills. Advocacy module for executives». Available at: http://dlse.multycourse.com.ua/ua/ page/15/53
- Peleshko, L.V. (2016). «Formation of professional competence of a management specialist». Psykholoho-pedahohichni nauky. 3, pp. 97–102. Available at: http://refleader.ru/jgemerr-naqasrna.html
- Ramzani, E.V. (2014), «The essence of the concept of psychological competence». Dukhovnist’ osobystosti: metodolohiia, teoriia i praktyka. 2 (61), pp. 158–164.
- Saukh, I.V. (2010). «Models of professional competence of the manager of the tourist industryas a basis of competitiveness of branch». Ekonomika, Uprpavlinnia, Innovatsii, vol, 2 (4), URL: http://tourlib.net/statti_ukr/sauh.htm
- Shapovalova, O.M. (2013). «Innovative development of enterprises in the field of services: tourism». Visnyk Skhidnoukrains’koho natsional’noho universytetu imeni Volodymyra Dalia. 4 (193), no. 2, pp. 241–246.
- Yatsenko, O.M. (2016), «Leadership qualities in the structure of components of managers’ competencies». 6 (33), pp. 496–501.
- Rabadanova Y.M. (2012) Osoblyvosti pidhotovky fakhivtsiv turystychnoyi haluzi. [Features of training of specialists in the tourism industry]. Development management. Available at: https://tourlib.net/statti_ukr/rabadanova.htm
The article was received 16.03.2022