JEL classification: E22
Introduction. At the current development stage of the world economic relations, investment activity plays the role of an important component. Investment is an important factor in the economic growth of any country. It can be stated that the investment flow is strongly correlated with investment attractiveness. In this regard, improving investment attractiveness is a key task of the economy. There are a large number of methods for determining the investment attractive-ness in the scientific literature, most of which use a rating approach and statistical analysis.
The purpose of the article is to determine the investment attractiveness of Cherkasy region.
Results. The essence of the concept of investment attractiveness in the region is described. The dynamics of the investment attractiveness of Cherkasy region is analyzed, based on the indicators of economic development. The vector of investment and economic development in the region is determined for 2015 – 2020. The sources of financing and directions of capital investment in the region are investigated. The specialization and the most investment-attractive sectors of Cherkasy region are found. The factors of negative impact on the investment attractiveness of the region are determined.
Conclusions. According to the results of the study, Cherkasy region is defined as an investment attractive region. Because the dynamics of the main economic indicators tend to increase, most of the capital investments in the region are carried out at cost of enterprises’ own funds. The most investment-attractive sectors of the region’s economy are agriculture and industry. The significant amount of the region’s capital investment goes to public administration and defense. Local authorities are being encouraged to pay attention to the small amount of investment proceeds in such sectors as education and health. The method that was described in the study for determining investment attractiveness by analyzing a number of economic indicators in dynamics is advisable to apply to all Ukrainian regions. We see prospects for further research in the development of a methodology for determining and creating methods for improving investment attractiveness at different levels.
Key words: the investment attractiveness of the region, economic development, capital investment, specialization, gross regional product, business entities, foreign investment, Cherkasy region.
- Rzaiev, H. I., Vakulova, V. O. (2016). «Methods for assessing investment attractiveness at the national level and prospects for their use in economic analysis». Visnyk Khmel’nyts’koho natsional’noho universytetu. Seriia «Ekonomichni nauky». № 3(1), рр. 137 – 143.
- Stalins’ka, O. A. (2003). «stimation of investment attractiveness of regions of Ukraine». Ekonomist. № 9, рр. 68 – 72.
- Nosova, O. V. (2003). «Estimation of investment attractiveness of Ukraine: basic approaches». Ekonomika i prohnozuvannia. № 3, рр.119 – 137.
- Hutkevych, S. A. (2003). Ynvestytsyonnaia pryvlekatel’nost’ ahrarnoho sektora ekonomyky. [Investment attractiveness of the agricultural sector economy]. Yzd-vo Evrop. un-ta. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Hostieva, O. Yu. (2020). «Investment attractiveness as a component of sustainable development». Druhi naukovi chytannia pam’iati akademika V.K. Mamutova. S. 195 – 199.
- Mashlij, H. B. (2020). Rehional’nyj rozvytok v Ukraini: stan, vyklyky ta problemy investytsijnoho zabezpechennia. [Regional development in Ukraine: state, challenges and problems of investment provision]. Aktual’ni problemy publichnoho upravlinnia ta administruvannia: Kolektyvna monohrafiia, рр. 109 – 127.
- Alymov, A. N., Emchenko, V. N. (2001). Konkurentosposobnost’ natsyonal’noj ekonomyky. [Competitiveness of the national economy]. Prepr. NAN Ukrayny. Yn-t ekonomyky. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Cherkas’ka oblast’. Vikipediia: vebsajt. [Cherkasy region. Wikipedia: website]. Available at: https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A7%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%8C%D0%BA%D0%B0_%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D1%8C
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy: ofitsijnyj sajt. [State Statistics Service of Ukraine: official site]. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/.
- Prohrama ekonomichnoho i sotsial’noho rozvytku Cherkas’koi oblasti na 2021 rik: ofitsijnyj sajt. [Program of economic and social development of Cherkasy region for 2021]. Available at: https://www.oblradack.gov.ua/oblasn-programi.
The article was received 18.01.2021