JEL classification: N50; O13
Introduction. The role of the agricultural industry and its grain products subcomplex as the basic functioning direction is strategically important for strengthening Ukrainian competitive positions both from the viewpoint of trade and economic relations and the determinants of political and legal nature. Indeed, grain products subcomplex of the agricultural industry is formalized as a tool to defend and meet national interests in conditions of aggravated problem of quality and safe food deficit. Moreover, favorable preconditions for grain production in Ukraine is the basis of forming of the foreign economic capacity of the agricultural industry’s grain products, which can provide consistent currency revenues to the state budget.
The paper aims to research the condition and preconditions of the implementation of the foreign economic capacity of the domestic grain products subcomplex of the agricultural industry.
Results. The paper outlines the obstacles that substantially restrict the parameters of implementation of the foreign economic capacity of the agricultural industry’s grain products subcomplex in Ukraine. The lack of favorable preconditions for an investor in the agricultural industry’s grain products subcomplex is emphasized. The condition of implementation of the foreign economic capacity of the domestic grain products subcomplex is analyzed. Moreover, in order to understand the scales and the strategically important role of the agricultural industry’s grain products subcomplex in Ukraine are presented in meeting the global need for grain, the balances of the global wheat market across main countries-exporters.
Conclusions. The functioning of the grain products subcomplex of the agricultural industry of Ukraine forms the favorable preconditions to implement its foreign economic capacity. Ratification of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement has secured the strategic reorientation of the export capacitates of the grain products subcomplex of the agricultural industry from the Russian Federation and the CIS countries towards the markets of the EU Member States. Egypt, China, and Spain hold the leading positions among the importers of domestic grain. The following factors of restriction of the parameters of foreign economic capacity implementation in the agricultural industry’s grain products subcomplex should be emphasized: flawed institutional environment, low level of industry innovative-technological modernization, excessive raw materials orientation of export, poor diversification of foreign sales markets, underdeveloped chain of logistics infrastructure facilities, non-correspondence of domestic and international standards of product quality and safety certification.
Keywords: grain products complex, foreign economic capacity, agricultural industry.
- Tyurina, N. M. Shelest, YE. O. (2007). «Essential characteristics of export potential». Problemy nauky. № 7, рр. 45–51.
- Behma, V. M. Mazurov, H. I. (2009). «Some aspects of determining the export potential of the Ukrainian defense industry». Visnyk Khmelʹnytsʹkoho nats. un-tu. № 4, рр. 189–196.
- Avksentiyeva, I. V. (2006). «Estimation of export potential of the enterprise». Ekonomika ta derzhava. № 4, рр. 55–57.
- Klymenko, N. A. (1998). «Management of export-import potential of the agro-industrial complex of Ukraine». Naukovyy visnyk NAU. № 4, рр. 191–199.
- Berezin, O. V., Karpenko, Y. V. (2012). Teoriya i praktyka zabezpechennya efektyvnoho vykorystannya potentsialu torhovelʹnykh pidpryyemstv. [Theory and practice of ensuring the effective use of the potential of trade enterprises]. Inter Hrafika. Poltava. Ukraine.
- Feshchenko, O. M., Ilʹchenko, V. M. (2011). «Management of potential of innovative development of agro-industrial enterprises in export markets». Marketynh i menedzhment innovatsiy. № 4, рр. 229–236.
- Klyuchnyk, A. V. Halunetsʹ, N. I. Oliynyk, O. O. (2014). «Investment and innovation activity as a necessary condition for the formation of foreign economic potential of the agricultural sector of the economy of Ukraine». Hlobalʹni ta natsionalʹni problemy ekonomiky. № 2, рр. 834–839.
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2019). Silʹsʹke hospodarstvo Ukrayiny za 2018 rik. [Agriculture of Ukraine for 2018]. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2020). Zovnishnya torhivlya Ukrayiny. [Foreign trade of Ukraine]. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2019). Zovnishnya torhivlya Ukrayiny. [Foreign trade of Ukraine]. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Eksportni rekordy zerna (2020). [Export records of grain]. Available at: https://ambarexport.ua/blog/export–records–of–grain.
- Ministerstvo rozvytku ekonomiky, torhivli ta silʹsʹkoho hospodarstva Ukrayiny (2020). [Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine]. Available at: https://www.me.gov.ua/?lang=uk–UA.
- Official site (2020). Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrayiny. [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua.
The article was received 11.03.2020