JEL classification: E60; Е62; E69
Introduction. To reduce tax payments, businesses are increasingly using dishonest tools, including offshore jurisdictions, which, due to preferential terms, effectively allow money laundering. To strengthen the financial security of the state, a policy should be implemented that will counteract such trends and stimulate the development of fair competition in the domestic financial market. The effectiveness of the relevant state policy is primarily due to the definition of a set of methods and tools on which the processes of its implementation and adjustment will be based.
The purpose of the article is to scientifically substantiate the conceptual characteristics and practical recommendations for the development and implementation of anti-money laundering using offshore jurisdictions policy, ensuring the strengthening of financial security of the state.
Results. The preconditions that determine the quality of money management in the state and the relative level of its financial security are described. The priority importance of the effectiveness of the state policy against money laundering with the use of offshore jurisdictions in the context of ensuring the financial security of the state is highlighted. The article substantiates the substantive characteristics of the formation of systemic preconditions for combating money laundering related to monetary policy, foreign trade relations, innovation-technological and institutional-investment development, ensuring the competitiveness and import independence of the state. The basic set of methods (institutional-legal, administrative-organizational, financial-investment, social-psycholo-gical) and according to them the tools that it is appropriate to implement first of all at the initial stages of realization of the state policy of anti-money laundering in the analyzed sphere is defined.
Conclusions. The proposed composition of methods and tools of state policy to combat money laundering using offshore jurisdictions allows to determine the characteristics by which it is possible to reliably draw conclusions about the successful strengthening of financial security of the state.
Keywords: offshore jurisdictions, offshore, financial security, public policy, money laundering.
- Vasyltsiv, T. G., Klipkova, O. I., Lupak, R. L., Mitsenko, N. G., Mishchuk, I. P. (2019). «Monetary and financial policy of Ukraine: theoretical-empirical connections and priorities of state regulation». Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice. Vol. 4. № 31. P. 320-330.
- Popadynets, N. M. (2014). «Strategic goals of the state structural policy of Ukraine». Rehionalna ekonomika. № 1, рр. 175-183.
- Lupak, R. L., Kunytska-Iliash, M. V. (2017). «Conceptual Relationships between the Systems of Ensuring the Economic Security of the State and the Implementation of the State Policy of Import Substitution». Problemy Ekonomiky. № 2, рр. 117-123.
- Shevchuk, V. O., Synchak, V., Zaverbnyj, A. S., Baranetska, O. V. (2019). «Determinants of the current account balance and output in Ukraine». Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice. Vol. 3. № 30, рр. 186-195.
- Frolova, L., Zhadko, K., Ilyash, O., Yermak, S., Nosova, T. (2021). «Model for opportunities assessment to increase the enterprise innovation activity». Business: Theory and Practice. 22. № 1, рр. 1-11.
- Havlovska, N., Savina, H., Davydova, O., Savin, S., Rudnichenko, Y., Lisovskyi I. (2019). «Qualitative substantiation of strategic decisions in the field of cost management using the methods of economic mathematical modeling». Tem Journal. Vol. 8. № 3, рр. 959-971.
- Vasyltsiv, T. H., Lupak, R. L., Yurkiv, N. YA. (2012). «Institutional support for expanding the financial capabilities of industry and agriculture at the regional level». Finansy Ukrayiny. № 3, рр. 90-101.
- Bublyk, M., Koval, V., Redkva, O. (2017). «Analysis Impact of the Structural Competition Preconditions for Ensuring Economic Security». Marketing and Management of Innovations. № 4, рр. 229-240.
- Vasyltsiv, T. G., Lupak, R. L., Voloshyn, V. I. (2021). «Strategic imperatives of the state policy of counteracting hybrid threats and ensuring economic security of Ukraine». Ekonomika Ukrayiny. № 2(711), рр. 32-51.
- Berezivskyi, Y., Zbarsky, V., Zbarska, A. (2021). «Integral evaluation as the basis of analytical support for managing the competitiveness of socially-oriented retailers». Accounting. № 7(4), рр. 825-836.
- Gontareva, І. V., Hutsul, I. A., Tkachik, F. P., Miroshnik, O.Yu. (2018). «Fiscal efficiency of administration of duties Ukraine». Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice. № 3, рр. 133-142.
The article was received 20.01.2021