JEL classification: F40; L80
Introduction. The foreign economic activity of the regions to date is a factor contributing to improving the well-being of the population, improving its quality of life, as well as the socio-economic development of the territory and increasing its competitiveness.
The purpose of the article is to analyze the commodity structure of exports of the Ukrainian Black Sea region.
Results. The export of Mykolaiv, Kherson, Odesa and Black Sea regions by individual product groups is investigated and the export structure is determined. The export of the Mykolaiv region in 2009-2018 by separate product groups and its structure is investigated. Compared to 2014, the region’s exports increased by 10,3 % to $ 2,3 billion with an average annual increase of 7,5 % over the last three years. The largest is the proportion of crop products – about 90 %. Within 5 years, the share of machinery products in the structure of export of goods in the region decreased, the share of which consistently decreased from 14,1 % in 2014 to 2,3 % in 2018, which is explained by the loss of traditional eastern markets. The commodity structure of Kherson region export is investigated, where the largest is the share of crop products – their share in export is about 60 %. Exports of live animals and animal products increased from $ 7982,9 thousand in 2009 to $ 14525,7 thousand in 2018, correspondingly from 3,13 % to 8,34 % of the share. The commodity structure of export of Odessa region is investigated. The largest is the share of crop products, that increased from 43,49 to 64,98 % in exports. The share of fats and animal oils or vegetable origin decreased: from 33,27 % to 20,34 %. The commodity structure of the Black Sea region exports as a whole is investigated. The highest is the share of crop products, that increased from 70,77 to 76,81 % in exports. The volume of finished foods and fats and vegetable oils decreased from 14 % to 10,3 % and 11 % respectively.
Conclusions. In general, the indicators of foreign trade activity of the agricultural enterprises of the Black Sea region increased significantly in 2009-2018. In recent years (2014-2018) import volumes have fallen substantially. The most productive in terms of foreign trade balance are the enterprises of the agro-industrial complex of Mykolaiv region.
Key words: foreign economic activity of the region, export, import, dynamics, regional foreign economic relations, foreign economic relations of the region.
- Holovne upravlinnia statystyky u Mykolaivs’kij oblasti. [Main Department of Statistics in Mykolaiv Region]. Available at: http://www.mk.ukrstat.gov.ua
- Holovne upravlinnia statystyky u Odes’kij oblasti. [Main Directorate of Statistics in Odesa Region]. Available at: http://www.od.ukrstat.gov.ua
- Holovne upravlinnia statystyky u Khersons’kij oblasti. [Head Office of Statistics in Kherson Region]. Available at: http://ks.ukrstat.gov.ua
- Derzhavna sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy. [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua
- Lagodiyenko, V. V. (2014). «Improving the efficiency of foreign economic activity through the introduction of the concept of marketing». Biznes-Navigator. no. 1(33). pp. 237–243.
- Kozlova, G. V. (2016). «Regional foreign economic relations as an attribute of the regional economy». Social’no-jekonomicheskie javlenija i process.1. pp. 26–32.
- Py`rog, O. V. and Zacepy`lo, A. I. (2009). «Estimation of export potential of the regions of Ukraine». Ekonomichny`j prostir. no. 24. pp. 144-152.
- «Investigation of components of the formation of the export potential of the industry on the macro- and mesorigines». (2017). Pavlenchy`k, N. F., Procevyat, O. S., Skry`n`kovs`ky`j, R. M., Garasy`m, L. S. Biznes Inform. no. 11. pp. 252–257.
The article was received 18.07.2019