JEL classification: L83; Z32
Introduction. Nowadays, in light of numerous proves of the COVID-2019 pandemic impact on the tourism industry and hotel management, the negative trends in the activity of companies in the industry are observed. The issue of helping the companies remaining on the market in their development is a logical one. The inflow of investment resources is among essential conditions of the hotel industry, which is possible due to the search for sources of funding to help new companies in the industry by upgrading their material and technical base and developing professional personnel. Therefore, comprehensive research of the processes of supporting the hotel industry companies is needed to promote their development in instability and crisis.
The paper aims to research the peculiarities of the hotel industry companies’ activity in crisis phenomena and the ways to support them.
Results. The paper analyzes scientific studies that are the basis for the research idea and outlines the main directions of the hotel industry development. The retrospective and current condition of the hotel industry in Ukraine and its main development trends are represented, including the analysis of the industry structure (number of the hotel industry companies; hotel capacity and room size; number of staff, etc.). The peculiarities of the territorial location of the hotel facilities and conditions influencing their functioning are characterized. The investment attractiveness of the hotel industry in Ukraine is examined.
Conclusions. The paper substantiates the nature and peculiarities of support of the hotel industry development in crisis phenomena. It offers a range of marketing and managerial measures directed at developing a quality information framework for the hotel industry, which is of utmost importance in conditions of overcoming the consequences of the COVID-2019 pandemic.
Keywords: company, hotel industry, tourism, services market.
- Burak, Т. V. (2014). «Hotel chains: evolution and development». Biznes-Inform. № 8, рр. 179-183.
- Halasyul, К. А. (2016). Otsinka innovatsiynoho potentsialu pidpryyemstv hotelʹnoho hospodarstva. [Evaluation of innovative capacity of hotel businesses]. Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis.00.04. Odesa National Economic University. Odesa.
- Skrypko,, Popadynets, N., Garasymliuk, M., Topchiy, O. (2020). Analysis And Modeling Of The Impact Of Factor Determinants On Functioning Of Hotel Economy In Ukraine Studies of Applied Economics: The Recent Economic Trends and their Impact on Marketing, 38, No 3 (1). Available at: https://dx.doi.org/10.25115/eea.v38i3%20(1).3976
- Horina, О. (2015). «Countries’ competitiveness in tourism industry: new approaches to definition». Visnyk Khmelʹnytsʹkoho natsionalʹnoho universytetu, 4(1), pp. 203–207.
- Zaharov, H. (2015). «Public regulation of the quality of hotel services by their certification». Derzhava ta rehiony. Seriia: Derzhavne upravlinnia, 1, pp. 10-15.
- Stehnei,, Irtyshcheva, I., Boiko, Y. (2017). Modeling of strategic control system in the context of sustainable development of enterprise. Problems and Perspectives in Management, 15(3), pp. 212-223.
- Hrafsʹka, O.I., Boratynsʹkyy, O. V., Yevdoshchenko, O. V. (2020). «The influence of the state on price forma-tion in the hotel business in Ukraine during the pandemic COVID-19». P’iatdesiat pershi ekonomiko-pravovi dyskusii. [Fifty-first economic and legal discussions]. Materials of the international scientific-practical Internet conference. Lviv.
- Official site of the State Statistics Service (2020). Available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/
- On Tourism (1995). Law of Ukraine. Dated 15.09.1995 № 324/95-VR. Available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/324/95-%D0%B2%D1%80#Text
- Liha 360 (2020). New quarantine easing: how the Ministry of Health offers to work in hotels, fitness clubs and transport. Available at: https://biz.ligazakon.net/ua/news/195407_nov-poslablennya-karantinu- yak-moz-proponu-pratsyuvati-gotelyam-ftnes-klubam-transportu
- Shatsʹka, Z. YA., Shevelʹ, A. A. (2020). Orhanizatsiya roboty pidpryyemstv hotelʹnoyi sfery v umovakh pandemiyi COVID-19. [Organization of work of hotel enterprises in the conditions pandemic COVID-19]. Efekty`vna ekonomika. [Effective economy]. (electronic journal). №10. Available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/pdf/10_2020/53.pdf
The article was received 14.01.2021