УДК 631.15: 332.3
JEL classification: Q15; С13
This article covers the essence of such concepts as “mortgage” and “mortgage lending” in accordance with the current legislation of Ukraine. The main method of creating a national system of mortgage lending is the formation of effective market mechanisms for obtaining long-term financial resources in the financial and credit sphere. On this basis the market of long-term mortgage lending will function with the use of existing market infrastructure and financial instruments that will allow to gradually reduce the cost of mortgage loans to the population and the subjects of economic activity and increase the terms of lending. Mortgage lending in Ukraine has been growing dynamically in recent years, but the share of mortgage loans in the general portfolio of commercial banks is low. It was found that the main factors that influence the development of mortgage relations in our state include: Inadequate legal regulation of mortgage relations, lack of public confidence in commercial banks, low income level of the population, high interest rates, Inflationary processes, exchange rate instability, moratorium on foreclosure on foreign currency mortgages, weak financial condition of small agricultural enterprises, coronocrisis. In dynamics the structure and rates of credits growth granted by banks of Ukraine to households by purpose conjugation, repayment terms and currency breakdown were investigated. Investigation of the factors that influence the development of the mortgage relations system in Ukraine under market conditions allowed us to make scientific and theoretical and practical conclusions: for financial stability in the state it is necessary a well-organized work of all participants of the mortgage market; creation of state guarantees of economic security of citizens will contribute to renewal of trust of population to the bank sector of Ukraine; To make the primary real estate market more transparent and strengthen the protection of investors’ rights; to lift the moratorium on the foreclosure of property with foreign currency mortgage loans; to create conditions for the sale of agricultural land and bank loans against land pledges.
Key words: bank, mortgage credit lending, financial instruments, National Bank of Ukraine, investment resources.
- Bazylevych, V. D., Pohoreltseva, N.P. (2008). Ipotechnyi rynok. [Mortgage market]. Znannia. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Harbuzova, V. S. (2017). «Current status and peculiarities of the development of mortgage lending in Ukraine». Ekonomika i suspil’stvo. vol. 10, pp. 69 – 74.
- Druhak, V. M., Polishchuk, V.H. (2014). «Economic essence of land mortgage on the basis of the land lease right market». Zemleustrii, kadastr i monitorynh zemel. 1/2, рр. 31-39.
- Dubrova, N. P., Lepekha, A. V. (2017). «Theoretical Aspects of Consumer and Mortgage Lending». Molodyj vchenyj. 1, pp. 582–585.
- Kruchok, S. I. (2003). Ipotechne kredytuvannia: yevropeiska praktyka ta perspektyvy rozvytku v Ukraini [Mortgage lending: European practice and prospects for development in Ukraine]. Urozhai. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Karpa, I. S. (2017). «Diagnosing mortgage lending in the context of expanding access to credit by economic agents». Ekonomichnyi analiz. vol. 2, pp. 98–104.
- Svystun, L. A., Dovhal, Yu. S. (2014). «Mortgage lending in Ukraine: current problems and factors of development». PoltNTU. Poltava. Ukraine.
- Pro ipoteku: zakon Ukrainy [About the mortgage: Law of Ukraine]. June 5, 2003. no. 898-IV. Available at: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/898-15
- Didenko, V. M., Yurii, E. O., Pidlypchak, O. A., Priadko, V. V., Lysenko, Zh. P. (2011) Ipotechnyi rynok [Mortgage market]. Zoloti lytavry. Chernivtsi. Ukrainе.
- Yevtukh O. T. (2009). Ipoteka: zhytlove kredytuvannia. [Mortgage: housing loans]. Volynska oblasna drukarnia. Lutsk. Ukraine.
- Ivanilov, O. S., Titenkova, M. V. (2007). «Mortgage lending in Western Europe, the USA and Ukraine». Finansy Ukrainy. vol. 4. pp.28 – 35.
- Razumova, A. V. (2008) «The analysis of models of mortgage lending, developed in world practice and possibility of their application in the mortgage market of Ukraine». Ekonomichnyi prostir. vol. 20/1, pp. 90 – 98
- Pro skhvalennia Kontseptsii stvorennia natsionalnoi systemy ipotechnoho kredytuvannia: Rozporiadzhennia kabinetu ministriv Ukrainy [About the seizure of the Concept of creation of the national system of mortgage lending]. August 10, 2004. no. 559-r. Available at: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/npas/7871474.
- National Bank of Ukraine (2020). Available at: https://bank.gov.ua
- Główka G. (2010). Mieszkaniowy kredyt hipoteczny w Polsce, Oficyna Wydawnicza SGH, Warszawa.
The article was received 03.11.2020