JEL classification: I23
Introduction. The main instrument of the society political system is the state, which through management mechanisms influences the processes taking place in the education field. Public management of the higher education modernization process is to achieve a managed positive qualitative change in the educational system of Ukraine, which includes a number of essential components: innovative processes management in higher education, their financial and logistical support; the implementation of processes regulation of advanced educational technologies; clearly planned and coordinated management of the modern promising human resources development in the education field.
The purpose of the article is to reveal the theoretical and methodological foundations of administrative and strategic management of the educational services system for the successful administrative influence formation of the state on the modernization processes in higher education in Ukraine.
Results. Theoretical approaches to the definition of the conceptual and categorical apparatus of “administrative management of higher education”, “the higher education system strategic management”, “public management of higher education modernization” are studied. The state policy realization features of the higher education domestic system modernization in the direction of its European integration are considered. The structural and functional features of state management of modernization processes in the higher education field are highlighted. The peculiarities of the regulatory framework formation in this area are revealed. The conceptual principles of the process administration of higher education modernization in the context of modernization, European integration, and innovative transformations in the higher education system of Ukraine are studied.
Conclusions. It is proved that the administrative and strategic management of the higher education system leads to the settlement of supply and demand in the educational services market. The directions of the higher education modernization strategy and mechanisms of state management of this process are determined. The appropriate content and forms of public administration of innovative development of the educational sector are
developed. The necessity of applying the experience of EU countries, in particular, Slovakia, in the conceptual foundations’ formation for the management of the higher education modernization process in Ukraine is substantiated. Some problems in higher education institutions need a further urgent solution, in particular: inefficiency of management processes, insufficient logistics, low level of scientific and technical potential, etc.
Keywords: administrative management, strategic management, public administration, education, modernization.
- Nestorenko, P., Bordousov, O. V. (2015) «The higher education value for the individual». Visnyk Khmel’nyts’koho natsional’noho universytetu. Ekonomichni nauky. no 3(3), pp. 171–174.
- Nikolaienko, (2004). «About legislative maintenance of activity of higher educational institutions of the I and II levels of accreditation». Vyshcha shkola. no 1, pp. 17–21.
- Alishyna, N., Novachenko, T. V. (2013). Psykholohichni mekhanizmy efektyvnoho upravlins’koho vplyvu: navchal’no-metodychni materialy. [Psychological mechanisms of effective managerial influence: educational and methodical materials]. NADU. Kyiv. Ukraine.
- Azhazha, M. A. (2019). Derzhavne upravlinnia modernizatsiieiu vyschoi osvity v Ukraini. [State management of modernization of higher education in Ukraine]. Classical Private University. Zaporizhzhya. Ukraine.
- Velcheva, N. I. (2009). «Scientific and theoretical foundations of state regulation of higher education». Derzhavne budivnytstvo. no. Available at: http://www.kbuapa.kharkov.ua/e-book/db/2009-2/doc/1/11.pdf.
- Ulanovska, A. S. (2014). Modernizatsiia vyschoi osvity: kharakterystyka poniatijnoho aparatu doslidzhennia. [Modernization of higher education: characteristics of the conceptual apparatus of research]. Pedahohichni nauky: teoriia, istoriia, innovatsijni tekhnolohii / ed. A.A. Sbruieva. SumDPU named after A.S. Makarenko. no. 1 (35), pp. 260–270.
- Charlton, B., Andras, Р. (2003). The Modernisation Imperative. Imprint Academic, Exeter, UK, p. 5.
- Mykhalchenko, M. I. (2005). Politychna real’nist’ v Ukraini: transformatsiia, modernizatsiia, revoliutsiia? [Political reality in Ukraine: transformation, modernization, revolution?] Suchasna ukrains’ka polityka: polityky i politolohy pro nei. Issue 7, pp. 18–27.
- Yakovenko, L. I., Paschenko, O. V. (2011). Ekonomichni osnovy modernizatsii vyschoi osvity v umovakh stanovlennia ekonomiky znan’. [Economic bases of modernization of higher education in the conditions of formation of knowledge economy]. Poltava.
- Reformuvannia osvity v Ukraini: derzhavno-upravlins’kyj aspekt: navch.-nauk. vyd. (2012). [Education reform in Ukraine: public administration aspect] / Protasova, N. H., Luhovyi, V. I., Molchanova, Yu. O. ta in.; ed. Protasova, N.H. NADU. Kyiv. Lviv.
- Finikov, T. (2002). Suchasna vyscha osvita: svitovi tendentsii ta Ukraina. [Modern higher education: world trends and Ukraine]. Takson. Kyiv.
- Derzhavne upravlinnia: slovn.-dovid. (2002). [Public administration: dictionary-reference book] /Bakumenko, V. D., (ker. tvorchoho kol.), Beznosenko, D. O., Varzar, I, M., Kniazev, V. M., Kravchenko, S. O., Shtyka, L. H.; zah. red. Kniazev, V. M., Bakumenko, V. D. UADU. Kyiv.
- Oharenko, V. M. (2005). Derzhavne rehuliuvannia diial’nosti vyschykh navchal’nykh zakladiv na rynku osvitnikh posluh. [State regulation of higher education institutions in the market of educational services]. NADU. Kyiv.
- Birzea, C. (1996). Reformni proces ve skolstvi transformujicich se zemi sredni a vychodni Evropy. Reformyskolstvi ve sredni a vychodni Evrope. Prubehy a vysledky. Praha, рр. 6–19.
- Dombrovska, S. M. (2011). «The mechanism of implementation of state policy in the field of higher education». Aktual’ni problemy derzhavnoho upravlinnia. 2 (40), pp. 1–6.
- Suchasna profesijna osvita: kontseptual’ni zasady reformuvannia profesijnoi osvity Ukrainy (2018). [Modern vocational education: conceptual principles of reforming vocational education in Ukraine]. MON Ukrainy. Kyiv. Available at: https://cutt.ly/jnJPiWF.
- Informatsijno-analitychni materialy (Profesijno-tekhnichna osvita). (2015). [Information and analytical materials (Vocational and technical education)]. MON Ukrainy. Departament profesijno-tekhnichnoi osvity. Available at: library.uipa.edu.ua/images/analitzvit.doc.
- Proiekt Stratehii rozvytku vyschoi osvity v Ukraini na 2021-2031 roky. [The project development strategy of higher education in the years 2021-2031 on Ukraine]. Available at: https://mon.gov.ua/ua/news/mon-proponuye-dlya-gromadskogo-obgovorennya-proyekt-strategiyi-rozvitku-vishoyi-osviti-ukrayini
- Kosová, B., Porubský, Š. (2007). Educational transformation in Slovakia: the ongoing search for a solution. Orbis Scholae. 109-130.
The article was received 18.01.2021